|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of experiences did Hooks write about in Chapter 8?
2. Hooks' intellectual influence wrote with the biases of what?
(a) His/her time.
(c) Himself/herself and his/her time.
(d) No biases.
3. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) It is evaluated and updated quarterly.
(b) It is uniform throughout the culture.
(c) It is evaluated and updated yearly.
(d) It is not uniform throughout the culture.
4. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
(a) Educational background.
(c) Religious beliefs.
5. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
(a) The teacher should discourage interaction between the students and the teacher. Ask the students to focus solely on the text.
(b) The teacher should request that the students only pay attention to the teacher.
(c) The teacher should not address the issue of interaction. He/she should allow the students to decide what is best.
(d) The teacher should encourage the interaction between the students.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
2. What was the first topic that Hooks talked about in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
4. Who was the main target audience of this book?
5. What did Hooks say is not necessarily found in all social classes?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)