|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thicke Nat Hhan.
(b) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(c) Thin Not Han.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
2. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
(a) Questioning the matriarchal order.
(b) Questioning the patriarchal order.
(c) Not washing the dishes.
(d) Fighting with her siblings.
3. What did Hooks say is a token of progress among women?
(a) Women's desire to fill roles traditionally held by women.
(b) The fact that women work in male-dominated fields.
(c) Women giving birth to multiple babies.
(d) The works women do in order to uplift the entire female gender.
4. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
(c) Song lyrics.
5. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks write about people who are experiencing very oppressive conditions?
2. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
3. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
4. What did Hooks say about male colleagues' lack of interest or unwillingness to listen to his female counterparts?
5. According to Hooks, when is the system of oppression appropriate?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)