|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
(a) That of "colored men."
(b) That of white men.
(c) That of white women.
(d) That of "colored women."
2. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
(a) It is equal to that of men.
(b) It is delusional.
(c) It is many times fragile.
(d) It is very stable.
3. According to Hooks, when is the system of oppression appropriate?
(a) When it is backed by the government.
(b) The system of oppression is never appropriate.
(c) When doing away with it would cause more harm than good.
(d) When it is done in a friendly manner.
4. What did Hooks say about male colleagues' lack of interest or unwillingness to listen to his female counterparts?
(a) It's painful for men and women.
(b) It's painful for men.
(c) It's NOT painful for men or women.
(d) It's painful for women.
5. In Chapter 9, what group did Hooks say is the dominant minority group in some parts of the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
2. What example did Hooks give of something a woman has done to build a solid female intellectual tradition ?
3. In choosing the profession she would like to pursue, which of the following strongly influenced her decision?
4. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
5. What type of market did "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" appeal to?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)