|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
(a) Judgmental attitude.
2. Hooks used Chapter 9 to do what with many of her ideas?
(b) Attribute to others.
3. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
(a) It is written in all capital letters.
(b) It consists of no capital letters.
(c) It is circled.
(d) It takes up the entire cover.
4. Chapter 9 said that Hooks' work would have been published through what system if it hadn't been flawed?
(a) Religious system.
(b) Higher education.
(d) Political system.
5. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
(a) Fighting with her siblings.
(b) Questioning the patriarchal order.
(c) Questioning the matriarchal order.
(d) Not washing the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 9, something about this book is symptomatic of what two things?
2. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
3. When Hooks mentioned having meetings, who was initially a part of the meeting?
4. What problem did Hooks say white women face in terms of white men?
5. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)