|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
(a) It takes up the entire cover.
(b) It consists of no capital letters.
(c) It is written in all capital letters.
(d) It is circled.
2. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
(c) Educational background.
(d) Religious beliefs.
3. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Paulo Freire.
(d) Maya Angelou.
4. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) Works written by women.
(b) Works written by men.
(c) Firm controls.
(d) Controls with flexibility.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what school did Hooks mention?
(a) Oberlin College.
(b) Northwestern University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) University of Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks notice between white women?
2. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
3. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
4. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
5. According to Hooks in the continuation of Chapter 5, when is it important to consider the differences between classes?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)