|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
(a) They strictly undercut the growth of the education process.
(b) The education process used is different from the process used in integrated schools.
(c) They are equally prone to undercut and to encourage the growth of the education process.
(d) They strictly encourage the growth of the education process.
2. Chapter 4 is an essay that mainly talked about how the works of Hooks' intellectual influence has been what?
3. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
(a) It is very stable.
(b) It is many times fragile.
(c) It is equal to that of men.
(d) It is delusional.
4. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During secondary school.
(b) During middle school.
(c) During undergraduate school.
(d) During elementary school.
5. What example did Hooks give of something a woman has done to build a solid female intellectual tradition ?
(a) When Hooks graduated from high school.
(b) When Hooks published "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom".
(c) When Hooks' sister washed the dishes of a prominent businessman.
(d) When Hooks' mother gave birth to her and her siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
2. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
3. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
5. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)