|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4 is an essay that mainly talked about how the works of Hooks' intellectual influence has been what?
2. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
(a) The man becomes more important to society.
(b) It is the norm. All men have high-paying careers.
(c) The man becomes more attractive to women.
(d) It represents success.
3. According to Hooks, what is the great road of progress for poor men and women with regard to employment?
(a) When they are able to avoid the work they enjoy.
(b) When they make a lot of money.
(c) When they don't make a lot of money.
(d) When they are able to do the work they enjoy.
4. What did Hooks say is not necessarily found in all social classes?
5. According to Hooks, "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" consists of a great amount of analysis that are natural and _____ for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technical term for teaching?
2. In choosing the profession she would like to pursue, which of the following strongly influenced her decision?
3. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
4. Hooks' intellectual influence wrote with the biases of what?
5. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)