|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
(a) Sewage systems.
2. What did Hooks believe blacks had to do in order to attend traditionally white schools?
(a) Make straight A's.
(b) Get up early in the morning so they could be bussed to the traditionally white schools.
(c) Break into the school.
(d) Participate in protests and/or riots.
3. Hooks said who must be happy in order for education to be most effective?
(a) Administration, teachers, and students.
(b) Students ONLY.
(c) Teacher ONLY.
(d) Teacher and students.
4. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Spellbinding yet easily understood.
(b) Captivates its readers by presenting blatant untruths.
(c) Having some mystique and a possibly puzzling or unexpected power.
(d) Explains the importance of compromise in a world of dominance and oppression.
5. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
(c) Song lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first topic that Hooks talked about in Chapter 3?
2. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
3. Hooks' intellectual influence wrote with the biases of what?
4. In Hooks' experience, what type of classes promotes a very high degree of the freedom of student involvement?
5. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)