|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, Hooks gave the audience her true name. What is it?
(a) Sally Williams.
(b) Elizabeth Brown.
(c) Amy Wright.
(d) Gloria Watkins.
2. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) It is evaluated and updated yearly.
(b) It is evaluated and updated quarterly.
(c) It is uniform throughout the culture.
(d) It is not uniform throughout the culture.
3. Which of the following did Hooks say is a feminist statement?
(a) Her husband will not allow her to pursue career efforts.
(b) She is not sure if she is intelligent enough to pursue career efforts.
(c) Her husband sourced and encouraged his wife to pursue career efforts.
(d) Her husband supported her inherent career efforts.
4. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During secondary school.
(b) During middle school.
(c) During undergraduate school.
(d) During elementary school.
5. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
(a) Only when one is white.
(b) When operating under a system of dominance.
(c) It is not necessary. The idea of dominance and oppression are essential to a society.
(d) When operating under a system of oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks said which of the following is most important for an effective educational process?
2. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
3. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
4. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
5. Hooks said in the meetings, there were remarks made that could be considered which of the following?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)