|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
(a) Never married but are a part of the children's lives.
(b) Married but separated.
(c) Married and living together.
2. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) It is not uniform throughout the culture.
(b) It is evaluated and updated quarterly.
(c) It is evaluated and updated yearly.
(d) It is uniform throughout the culture.
3. What did Hooks say about a wealthy woman who works by choice?
(a) She is selfish for not wanting to stay at home with her children.
(b) She usually works jobs that do pay a lot of money.
(c) This is a form of progress.
(d) She usually works jobs that do not pay a lot of money.
4. Who does Hooks believe is in charge of constituting what is considered good theory?
(a) White women.
(b) Black men.
(c) Black women.
(d) White men.
5. What Latina theorist did Hooks introduce in Chapter 5?
(a) Karen Rodriguez.
(b) Chita Rivera..
(c) Cha Cha Ramirez.
(d) Chela Sandoval.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hooks feel within her family?
2. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
3. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
4. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
5. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)