|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what school did Hooks mention?
(a) Oberlin College.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) University of Massachusetts.
(d) Northwestern University.
2. What main concepts were used in Chapter 4?
(a) Race and religion.
(b) Age and gender.
(c) Social and economic status.
(d) Subject and object as roles and perspectives.
3. How did Hooks feel within her family?
(a) Like a burden.
(b) Like the most liked of the children.
(c) Like an outsider.
(d) Like the one who had to take charge.
4. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
(a) It takes up the entire cover.
(b) It is circled.
(c) It is written in all capital letters.
(d) It consists of no capital letters.
5. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks said in the meetings, there were remarks made that could be considered which of the following?
2. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
3. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
4. Chapter 4 is an essay that mainly talked about how the works of Hooks' intellectual influence has been what?
5. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)