|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During undergraduate school.
(b) During secondary school.
(c) During elementary school.
(d) During middle school.
2. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
(c) Judgmental attitude.
3. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
(a) Only when one is white.
(b) When operating under a system of dominance.
(c) It is not necessary. The idea of dominance and oppression are essential to a society.
(d) When operating under a system of oppression.
4. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
(a) It consists of no capital letters.
(b) It is written in all capital letters.
(c) It is circled.
(d) It takes up the entire cover.
5. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thin Not Han.
(b) Thicke Nat Hhan.
(c) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of race, what type of attitude did Hooks discuss in Chapter 5?
2. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
3. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
4. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
5. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)