|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of thinking did Hooks say is crucial to the educational process?
2. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
(a) The teacher should request that the students only pay attention to the teacher.
(b) The teacher should encourage the interaction between the students.
(c) The teacher should discourage interaction between the students and the teacher. Ask the students to focus solely on the text.
(d) The teacher should not address the issue of interaction. He/she should allow the students to decide what is best.
3. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During undergraduate school.
(b) During middle school.
(c) During elementary school.
(d) During secondary school.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what school did Hooks mention?
(a) University of Massachusetts.
(b) Oberlin College.
(c) Northwestern University.
(d) Columbia University.
5. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
(a) Paulo Freire.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about her interaction with white peers?
2. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
3. Hooks said who must be happy in order for education to be most effective?
4. What did Hooks believe blacks had to do in order to attend traditionally white schools?
5. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)