|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
(a) They encourage students' involvement.
(b) They discourage students' involvement.
(c) All instructional teaching methods are created equal. There is no such thing as the "best instructional teaching methods."
(d) These methods are inherent and cannot be taught to teachers.
2. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
(a) 15th year.
(b) 10th year.
(c) 20th year.
(d) 30th year.
3. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thicke Nat Hhan.
(b) Thin Not Han.
(c) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thine Nhat Hanh.
4. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
(a) When a teacher does so with the idea that he/she is nurturing free adults.
(b) When all students understand what is being taught.
(c) When a teacher receives an award or promotion for a job well done.
(d) When the parents of the students compliment the teacher's progress.
5. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
(a) Class discrimination in schools.
(b) Racial integration of schools.
(c) Gender identification within schools.
(d) Racial segregation of schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what important tenet did Hooks repeat?
2. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
3. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
4. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
5. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)