|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
(a) Only when one is white.
(b) It is not necessary. The idea of dominance and oppression are essential to a society.
(c) When operating under a system of dominance.
(d) When operating under a system of oppression.
2. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
(a) The teacher should encourage the interaction between the students.
(b) The teacher should not address the issue of interaction. He/she should allow the students to decide what is best.
(c) The teacher should discourage interaction between the students and the teacher. Ask the students to focus solely on the text.
(d) The teacher should request that the students only pay attention to the teacher.
3. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
(a) A white boy-man.
(b) A black boy-man.
(c) A white girl-woman.
(d) A black girl-woman.
4. When Hooks mentioned having meetings, who was initially a part of the meeting?
(a) Teachers ONLY.
(b) Teachers and school administration.
(c) Teachers and students.
(d) Students and school administration.
5. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
(a) All instructional teaching methods are created equal. There is no such thing as the "best instructional teaching methods."
(b) These methods are inherent and cannot be taught to teachers.
(c) They encourage students' involvement.
(d) They discourage students' involvement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tension did Hooks say is apparent in the teaching profession?
2. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
3. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
4. What main concepts were used in Chapter 4?
5. Hooks said in the meetings, there were remarks made that could be considered which of the following?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)