|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
(a) Song lyrics.
2. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
(a) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays one part.
(b) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays both parts.
(c) From a third person point-of-view.
(d) From a first person point-of-view.
3. Hooks said which of the following is most important for an effective educational process?
(d) The text used.
4. Hooks said in the meetings, there were remarks made that could be considered which of the following?
(a) Racist or sexist.
(b) Political or racist.
(c) Religious or political.
(d) Religious or sexist.
5. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
(a) It is not necessary. The idea of dominance and oppression are essential to a society.
(b) When operating under a system of oppression.
(c) Only when one is white.
(d) When operating under a system of dominance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
3. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
4. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
5. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)