|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4 is an essay that mainly talked about how the works of Hooks' intellectual influence has been what?
2. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
(a) 30th year.
(b) 10th year.
(c) 15th year.
(d) 20th year.
3. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
(a) They strictly encourage the growth of the education process.
(b) The education process used is different from the process used in integrated schools.
(c) They are equally prone to undercut and to encourage the growth of the education process.
(d) They strictly undercut the growth of the education process.
4. In Hooks' experience, what type of classes promotes a very high degree of the freedom of student involvement?
(b) Women's Studies.
(c) Interior Design.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what school did Hooks mention?
(a) University of Massachusetts.
(b) Oberlin College.
(c) Northwestern University.
(d) Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
2. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
3. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
4. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
5. What type of thinking did Hooks say is crucial to the educational process?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)