|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the presence of a teacher in a classroom?
(a) It is not necessary.
(b) It is appreciated but not necessary.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is unappreciated.
2. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
3. According to Chapter 10, during the period of slavery, owning what made the distinction between the wealthy and the poor?
4. What did Hooks say is not necessarily found in all social classes?
5. What was the profession of Hooks' friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks talked about making space for what?
2. The bulk of Hooks' "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" cites which of the following?
3. In Chapter 8, Hooks spoke of the importance of doing what to people?
4. What did Hooks notice between white women?
5. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)