|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In choosing the profession she would like to pursue, which of the following strongly influenced her decision?
(a) Marital status.
(b) College professors.
(c) Social class and race.
(d) Parents' opinions.
2. What did Hooks say is considered by some to be a form of liberation for poor, working women?
(a) Not earning money.
(b) Earning money.
(c) No education.
(d) Highly educated.
3. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(b) Thin Not Han.
(c) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thicke Nat Hhan.
4. What was the profession of Hooks' friend?
5. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminist authors?
(a) They are NOT automatically one in the same.
(b) Their works are accepted by mainstream.
(c) Their works are NOT accepted by mainstream.
(d) They are automatically one in the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what two contexts did Hooks talk about white men and black women?
2. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
3. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
4. What did Hooks say is not necessarily found in all social classes?
5. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)