|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What need/expectation did Hooks say is common in poorer women?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To get married.
(c) To obtain a post-secondary school degree.
(d) To have children.
2. Hooks said who must be happy in order for education to be most effective?
(a) Teacher and students.
(b) Teacher ONLY.
(c) Students ONLY.
(d) Administration, teachers, and students.
3. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
(a) Those who are white.
(b) Those who are suspicious.
(c) Those who are male.
(d) Those who are black.
4. Hooks began Chapter 10 by setting up the tension between what two groups?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Rich and poor.
(c) Americans and foreigners.
(d) Black women and white women.
5. What did Hooks discuss in Chapter 13?
(b) African American Studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say she wants her readers to understand about the continuation of Chapter 5 with regard to analyzing theoretical works?
2. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
3. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
4. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
5. What problem did Hooks say white women face in terms of white men?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)