|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
2. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
(a) Paulo Freire.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
3. In Chapter 4, what important tenet did Hooks repeat?
(a) This is not about knowledge for freedom.
(b) This is not about education for liberation.
(c) This is about education for liberation.
(d) This is about knowledge for freedom.
4. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
(a) A black girl-woman.
(b) A black boy-man.
(c) A white boy-man.
(d) A white girl-woman.
5. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(b) Thin Not Han.
(c) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thicke Nat Hhan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
2. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
3. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
4. Who does Hooks believe is in charge of constituting what is considered good theory?
5. What was the first topic that Hooks talked about in Chapter 3?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)