|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
(b) Song lyrics.
2. What did Hooks believe blacks had to do in order to attend traditionally white schools?
(a) Get up early in the morning so they could be bussed to the traditionally white schools.
(b) Break into the school.
(c) Make straight A's.
(d) Participate in protests and/or riots.
3. What was the first topic that Hooks talked about in Chapter 3?
(a) How to implement the transformations within the classroom that multiculturalism requires.
(b) How becoming a teacher can be beneficial to the individual as well as his / her students.
(c) How the classroom should not be the main venue for teaching. It begins at home.
(d) How the involvement of students is what makes or breaks the success of a teacher.
4. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
(a) They can be used to alleviate psychological distress associated with painful histories.
(b) They can be used to create painful histories.
(c) They can be used to alleviate painful histories.
(d) They can be used to create psychological distress.
5. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
(a) Religious forces.
(b) Emotional forces.
(c) Physical forces.
(d) Social forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hooks mentioned having meetings, who was initially a part of the meeting?
2. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
3. In the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks think about the interracial atmosphere?
4. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
5. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)