|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
(a) Self-hating people.
(b) Self-absorbed people.
(c) High self-esteemed people.
(d) Self-actualizing people.
2. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
(a) Hispanic men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) White men.
(d) All men.
3. In Hooks' experience, what type of classes promotes a very high degree of the freedom of student involvement?
(b) Women's Studies.
(c) Interior Design.
4. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During undergraduate school.
(b) During secondary school.
(c) During elementary school.
(d) During middle school.
5. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
(a) That of "colored women."
(b) That of white men.
(c) That of white women.
(d) That of "colored men."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
2. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
3. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
4. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
5. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)