|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) Firm controls.
(b) Controls with flexibility.
(c) Works written by women.
(d) Works written by men.
2. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Having some mystique and a possibly puzzling or unexpected power.
(b) Explains the importance of compromise in a world of dominance and oppression.
(c) Captivates its readers by presenting blatant untruths.
(d) Spellbinding yet easily understood.
3. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
(a) Married and living together.
(c) Never married but are a part of the children's lives.
(d) Married but separated.
4. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
(a) 15th year.
(b) 20th year.
(c) 10th year.
(d) 30th year.
5. What did Hooks notice between white women?
(a) Their level of bonding.
(b) Their desire to make each other sad.
(c) Their desire to make each other wealthy.
(d) Their level of competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
2. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
3. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, Hooks gave the audience her true name. What is it?
5. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)