|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example did Hooks give of something a woman has done to build a solid female intellectual tradition ?
(a) When Hooks graduated from high school.
(b) When Hooks published "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom".
(c) When Hooks' sister washed the dishes of a prominent businessman.
(d) When Hooks' mother gave birth to her and her siblings.
2. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
(a) It is very stable.
(b) It is delusional.
(c) It is equal to that of men.
(d) It is many times fragile.
3. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(b) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
(c) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
(d) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
4. According to Chapter 9, something about this book is symptomatic of what two things?
(a) Success and failure.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Prettiness and ugliness.
(d) Good and bad.
5. In Chapter 5, Hooks brought up the idea of race in what type of atmosphere?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
2. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
4. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
5. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)