|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hooks say her work is often received by its readers?
(a) It is ignored.
(b) It is criticized.
(c) It is well liked.
(d) It is incorporated into the text of many classes.
2. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
(a) That of white men.
(b) That of white women.
(c) That of "colored women."
(d) That of "colored men."
3. When Hooks mentioned having meetings, who was initially a part of the meeting?
(a) Teachers ONLY.
(b) Students and school administration.
(c) Teachers and school administration.
(d) Teachers and students.
4. What did Hooks say is a token of progress among women?
(a) Women giving birth to multiple babies.
(b) The works women do in order to uplift the entire female gender.
(c) The fact that women work in male-dominated fields.
(d) Women's desire to fill roles traditionally held by women.
5. In Chapter 9, what group did Hooks say is the dominant minority group in some parts of the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
2. What Latina theorist did Hooks introduce in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 5, Hooks brought up the idea of race in what type of atmosphere?
4. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
5. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)