|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During elementary school.
(b) During undergraduate school.
(c) During secondary school.
(d) During middle school.
2. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
(b) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
(c) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(d) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
3. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
4. According to Chapter 9, something about this book is symptomatic of what two things?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Prettiness and ugliness.
(d) Success and failure.
5. What theorist did Hooks mention at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
2. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
3. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
4. How did Hooks say her work is often received by its readers?
5. Hooks used Chapter 9 to do what with many of her ideas?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)