|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) Works written by women.
(b) Works written by men.
(c) Firm controls.
(d) Controls with flexibility.
2. According to Chapter 9, something about this book is symptomatic of what two things?
(a) Prettiness and ugliness.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Success and failure.
3. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
4. According to Hooks in the continuation of Chapter 5, when is it important to consider the differences between classes?
(a) When establishing theories.
(b) Considering class differences is a form of discrimination and should never be done.
(c) When maintaining theories.
(d) When establishing and maintaining theories.
5. What type of writing was Chapter 2 initially going to be?
(b) Song lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
2. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
4. What did Hooks believe blacks had to do in order to attend traditionally white schools?
5. What did Hooks say she wants her readers to understand about the continuation of Chapter 5 with regard to analyzing theoretical works?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)