|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what was the relationship status of Hooks' parents?
(a) Married and living together.
(b) Married but separated.
(c) Never married but are a part of the children's lives.
2. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
3. In choosing the profession she would like to pursue, which of the following strongly influenced her decision?
(a) Parents' opinions.
(b) Social class and race.
(c) Marital status.
(d) College professors.
4. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say about himself?
(a) Her ideas are superior to those of his male counterparts.
(b) His ideas are superior to those of his female counterparts.
(c) She did what she could but what she could was absolutely limited by her own femaleness.
(d) He did what he could but what he could was absolutely limited by his own maleness.
5. What did Hooks say would be the experience for American blacks?
(a) How it feels when your minority is the main one.
(b) How it feels when your minority is not the main one.
(c) How it feels when you transform from a minority to the majority race.
(d) How it feels to not be considered a minority or majority race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
2. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
3. In terms of race, what type of attitude did Hooks discuss in Chapter 5?
4. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
5. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)