|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling towards men in her adult life did Hooks have as a result of her childhood?
2. In Chapter 12, Hooks reminded her readers of what being used in her childhood home?
(c) Nothing but love.
(d) Feminist theory.
3. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
(b) Community at large.
4. During the experiences mentioned in Chapter 8, silence of what issues ended for Hooks?
(a) Matters of insecurities, age, and class.
(b) Matters of discrimination, politics, and age.
(c) Matters of race, class, and religion.
(d) Matters of race, class, and gender.
5. What relationship did Hooks say the formerly oppressed should have with former oppressors?
(a) They should create and maintain peace.
(b) They should have peace in their hearts but it's okay to sometimes exhibit behaviors that show there is tension.
(c) They should express overt hatred.
(d) They should not have interaction with those who have formerly oppressed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
2. Hooks talked about making space for what?
3. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
4. What did Hooks say should replace the hierarchies that are dismantled?
5. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)