|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Moral Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 6, who coined the term physiocratie?
(c) La Riviere.
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 4, who was the most successful searcher for "airs"?
(a) Joseph Black.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 1, what was the key to a correct method whose model was mathematics?
4. What area of study in the Middle Ages had been the domain of those truths that could be found through the use of reason alone without the revelation of the Bible?
(a) Natural theology.
(b) Mied mathematics.
5. According to Chapter 1, who made Newton into a supreme rationalist whose laws of motion were a priori deductions of pure thought?
(b) Marquis de l'Hopital.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ in Italy and ________ in Holland did experiments in which they measured the impact of a falling ball by dropping in onto clay.
2. Who was the first person to identify a new air different from common atmospheric air,, in Chapter 4?
3. In 1769, ________, a student of Joseph Black's at Glasgow, measured the repulsion between charges with an apparatus that balanced the electrical repulsion against gravitational attraction.
4. Vis viva was thought by its creator ________ to be the dynamic quantity that was conserved in the universe, according to the narrator in Chapter 2.
5. Joseph Priestly and Henry Cavendish continued to use the term ________ for the action of fire in combustion, in Chapter 4.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)