|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia do while Paul worked in Paris?
2. Where did Julia's cooking class with the GIs meet?
3. When did Paul first live in France?
4. What caused Julia to contact Avis?
5. What did the name of Julia's school mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Julia love most about her sister's visit to Paris?
2. Julia Child said this book was about what?
3. How did Julia get a publisher for her first cookbook?
4. How did Paul's mother get by after her husband died?
5. How did Julia feel as she prepared to move to Marseille?
6. What did Julia think about making admissions over botched dishes?
7. What did Julia learn in Marseille about the French language?
8. How did Julia describe her first home with Paul in Paris?
9. How did Julia feel when she went to England for Christmas?
10. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this book. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in Julia's life?
Essay Topic 2
Julia talked a lot about choosing a career doing what one loves. How did she follow her own advice, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)