|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Julia have to take the practical exam at Cordon Bleu?
2. What was Paul's job in Paris?
3. What was Julia's favorite kind of food?
4. What would Julia eat while reading the American newspapers?
5. Who was conducting major investigations within the government when Julia was in Marseille?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Julia begin cooking, and why did she start?
2. How did Julia spend her time in Marseille when Paul worked long hours?
3. What happened to Julia's French speaking skills after moving to Paris?
4. How was Julia raised?
5. Why did Simca ask Julia for help on her cookbook, and how did Julia respond?
6. Julia had the hardest time adjusting to what in her first apartment in Paris?
7. What did Julia think about making admissions over botched dishes?
8. While attending Cordon Bleu, what did Julia do when she was not busy with school?
9. What did Paul's age difference benefit in Julia's life?
10. Julia Child said this book was about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Julia's relationship with her father change over the course of her life, and what caused these changes in their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
With which person did you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)