|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julia not see much of Paul when they moved to Marseille?
2. How long did Julia think her cooking class in France was going to be?
3. Julia's husband wrote lots of letters to whom?
4. Whom did Paul NOT want the French people to trust?
5. What did French people call Catfish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia feel when she went to England for Christmas?
2. How did Julia feel as she prepared to move to Marseille?
3. How did Julia put this book together?
4. Who was Minette, and how did Julia feel about her?
5. What did Julia learn in Marseille about the French language?
6. How did Helene help Julia?
7. How did Julia spend her time in Marseille when Paul worked long hours?
8. Who was Curnonsky, and how did Julia feel about him?
9. How did Julia get a publisher for her first cookbook?
10. How was Julia raised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the French culture affect Julia's life and her relationship with her family and husband?
Essay Topic 2
What steps were taken for Julia's first book to be published, and what did Julia learn during each step of the process?
Essay Topic 3
How did rumors almost ruin Paul's career, and how did Paul and Julia respond to these rumors?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)