|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy's occupation?
2. Julia said she wanted this book to be about what?
3. How did Julia feel when she was working on her first cookbook?
4. Julia was most worried about what regarding the move from Marseille?
5. What kind of car did Julia and Paul buy after Dort's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia describe her first home with Paul in Paris?
2. Who were the Gourmettes?
3. Who was Curnonsky, and how did Julia feel about him?
4. What did Julia want to be when she first went to college?
5. While attending Cordon Bleu, what did Julia do when she was not busy with school?
6. How did Julia feel when she went to England for Christmas?
7. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
8. How did Julia put this book together?
9. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
10. What did Julia learn in Marseille about the French language?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Cooking was a major theme and device in this book. Where did it appear, and how was it used to further the narrative along in a unique way?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)