|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Paul first live in France?
2. Julia wanted to spend all her time doing what when she moved to Marseille?
3. Where did Julia take her first cooking class?
4. What was Simca's favorite thing to cook?
5. How many GIs took the cooking course with Julia in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Paul's mother get by after her husband died?
2. Who was Curnonsky, and how did Julia feel about him?
3. What did Julia think about making admissions over botched dishes?
4. Julia had the hardest time adjusting to what in her first apartment in Paris?
5. How did Julia feel as she prepared to move to Marseille?
6. What made Paul worry about his job when he was in Marseille?
7. How did Julia feel when she went to England for Christmas?
8. How was Julia raised?
9. Why did Julia joins the OSS?
10. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With which person did you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did the French culture affect Julia's life and her relationship with her family and husband?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training was a constant theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)