|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia say she would not have had without her husband?
2. Where did Julia meet her husband?
3. What was Paul's job in Paris?
4. Where was the apartment Julia found in Marseille?
5. What caused Julia to contact Avis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
2. Who were the Gourmettes?
3. What made Paul worry about his job when he was in Marseille?
4. How did Julia feel about her apartment in the Art Deco building in Marseille?
5. How did Helene help Julia?
6. While attending Cordon Bleu, what did Julia do when she was not busy with school?
7. How did Paul's mother get by after her husband died?
8. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
9. Julia had the hardest time adjusting to what in her first apartment in Paris?
10. What did Julia want to be when she first went to college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear was a common theme in this book that was presented a number of times by a number of people. What were some of these instances, and how did fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this book. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in Julia's life?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of student was Julia, and how did this attribute affect other areas of her life aside from school?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)