|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Julia and Paul move after their time in Germany?
2. How many books did Julia end up writing with Simca?
3. What stopped the shooting while in Provence?
(a) Production was extended and delayed.
(b) A cameraman got sick.
(c) They ran out of money.
(d) They ran out of time.
4. What did Paul build in his cellar for Julia?
(a) A writing office.
(b) Book cases.
(c) A cheese ager.
(d) Wine cases.
5. What was the first sign of Paul's disease?
(a) Severe headaches.
(b) Chest pain.
(c) Breathing problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of oven was commonly found in French kitchens that was not common in American kitchens?
2. What was Judith Jones' occupation?
3. What advance did Jones offer Simca and Julia after reading their book?
4. What recipe did Jones want in the second volume?
5. What upset Julia in the articles about her second volume?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
2. What was La Pitchoune, and what did it mean?
3. From wat illness did Paul suffer, and what was the first sign of it?
4. Why did Julia think writing the second volume of her book would be easier than the first?
5. What were the main obstacles Julia faced in creating a French Bread recipe for her second volume?
6. What part of the segment shooting in France did Julia find tedious?
7. What did Julia and Simca choose to do while Julia was visiting France for Christmas?
8. How did Julia want her readers to feel when using "From Julia Child's Kitchen?"
9. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
10. What improvements did Julia and Paul make to their home in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)