|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Julia like filming for the cooking show?
(a) It was annoying.
(b) It was stressful.
(c) It was exciting.
(d) It was fun.
2. Jones wanted to see more of what types of dishes in the book?
3. How did Julia feel about the distance between her and Simca when she lived in Germany?
(a) It made the book hard to publish.
(b) It was a hardship on their friendship.
(c) It was a blessing in disguise.
(d) It made their relationship stronger.
4. What kind of business did Jim Beard own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A cooking school.
5. What did Julia say was her most important lesson learned from writing her first book?
(a) Standing her ground on important aspects.
(b) The importance of publicity.
(c) The need for teamwork.
(d) Having trust in the publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Julia and Simca begin drifitng apart?
2. Julia branched out with what in her favorite book?
3. How many printings were out when Julia received her first royalty check?
4. Where did Julia and Paul decide to put down roots?
5. Where did Julia spread her father's ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Paul was investigated for what by the government?
2. Why did Julia think writing the second volume of her book would be easier than the first?
3. What part of the segment shooting in France did Julia find tedious?
4. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
5. What was the main problem discovered about the French Bread recipe?
6. How did Julia label Louisette on their book, and why?
7. What did Julia and Paul choose to do after visiting Jean and Simca in France?
8. What happened to Paul after his surgery?
9. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
10. Where did Julia spread her father's ashes?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)