|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul accused by investigators of being what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) All of these.
(c) A French Spy.
2. Paul wanted to focus on what after he was retired?
(a) His photography.
(b) All of these.
(c) His relationship.
(d) His art.
3. What problem was discovered about the French bread recipe Julia put in the book?
(a) The flour was not widely available.
(b) She suggested using an asbestos tile.
(c) It needed different instructions for different elevations.
(d) The yeast measurement was wrong.
4. How long did Simca visit Julia in the US?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. What did Julia first think of her German town?
(a) It seemed very dark.
(b) It was not much different from France.
(c) It looked cold.
(d) It was too American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia want the reader to feel like they were getting when reading her favorite book?
2. What stopped the shooting while in Provence?
3. What kind of interviews did Julia do when the book had a second printing?
4. With whom did Julia work to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
5. How did Julia like filming for the cooking show?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
2. How long did it take Julia to find the right French Bread recipe, and how did she feel about this?
3. From wat illness did Paul suffer, and what was the first sign of it?
4. What bothered Simca when she and Julia were interviewed and featured in Vogue Magazine?
5. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
6. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
7. What was the result of Paul's investigation by the government?
8. Why did Julia decide to only do two books with Simca?
9. What did Simca do to hurt her relationship with Julia after the second volume was published?
10. What were the main obstacles Julia faced in creating a French Bread recipe for her second volume?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)