|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Julia most productive while writing the second volume?
2. Why did Julia change some of the recipes in the second volume?
(a) They needed fuller explanation.
(b) They needed ingredients that were available in America.
(c) They needed to be more nutritious.
(d) They needed to fit the format of the book.
3. What did Julia research while in the grocery stores in America?
(a) What kind of cookbooks were purchased.
(b) What the popular dishes were.
(c) Where to get certain supplies.
(d) What ingredients were available.
4. Who was the major guest in a segment while Julia was shooting in France?
(a) The owner of her first apartment.
(b) Her teacher at Cordon Bleu.
(d) The owner of the first restaurant in which she ate.
5. Paul worked for what program while in Germany?
(a) The music program.
(b) The training program.
(c) The visual program.
(d) The psychiatric program.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Julia given to write a second draft of her book after it was first rejected?
2. What did Julia want the reader to feel like they were getting when reading her favorite book?
3. What main ingredient was different between France and America?
4. When did Simca publish her own book?
5. What was Simca's part in writing the second volume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Julia and Simca choose to do while Julia was visiting France for Christmas?
2. What did Simca do to hurt her relationship with Julia after the second volume was published?
3. Where did Julia spread her father's ashes?
4. What did Julia choose to do after her book was rejected for the first time by Houghton Mifflin?
5. What did Julia and Paul choose to do after visiting Jean and Simca in France?
6. Paul wanted to focus on what after his retirement?
7. How long did it take Julia to find the right French Bread recipe, and how did she feel about this?
8. Paul was investigated for what by the government?
9. How did Julia describe Simca's home in France?
10. How did Julia spend her time when her show was approved?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)