|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Paul first live in France?
(a) The 1910s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1920s.
2. Whom did Paul NOT want the French people to trust?
3. Julia was most worried about what regarding the move from Marseille?
(a) Finding a publisher.
(b) Learning the new language.
(c) Finding clients.
(d) Continuing her career.
4. Julia messed up what dish when a friend was visiting?
(a) Eggs florentine.
(c) Filet Mignon.
5. What did Julia have to force herself to do when she moved to Marseille?
(a) Work on her book.
(b) Explore the city.
(c) Look for new markets.
(d) Study her French.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of building did Paul find an apartment in Marseille?
2. Why did Julia not see much of Paul when they moved to Marseille?
3. Where was the final stop for Julia and Paul when they went to Dort's wedding?
4. Where was the apartment Julia found in Marseille?
5. What was Sumner Putnam's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Julia begin cooking, and why did she start?
2. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
3. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
4. Julia had the hardest time adjusting to what in her first apartment in Paris?
5. What did Julia love most about her sister's visit to Paris?
6. Who was Minette, and how did Julia feel about her?
7. How was Julia raised?
8. Why did Julia joins the OSS?
9. How did Helene help Julia?
10. How did Julia get a publisher for her first cookbook?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)