|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of building did Paul find an apartment in Marseille?
(a) HUD property.
(b) Art Deco.
(c) Industrial House.
2. What was Simca's given name?
3. What did Julia have to force herself to do when she moved to Marseille?
(a) Explore the city.
(b) Study her French.
(c) Work on her book.
(d) Look for new markets.
4. Julia longed for what during her first few weeks at Cordon Bleu?
(a) More money for food.
(b) A better understanding of the language.
(c) Freedom to make what she wanted.
(d) Individual instruction.
5. How did Julia feel when she was working on her first cookbook?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julia try to make her cooking classes feel?
2. How long did Julia think her cooking class in France was going to be?
3. What was the name of Julia's husband?
4. What language did Julia's husband speak?
5. Who introduced Julia to Dehilleran.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Helene help Julia?
2. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
3. When did Julia begin cooking, and why did she start?
4. Julia Child said this book was about what?
5. What did Julia think about making admissions over botched dishes?
6. How did Julia feel about her apartment in the Art Deco building in Marseille?
7. What did Julia have to do in order to pass her practical exam at Cordon Bleu?
8. How did Julia spend her time in Marseille when Paul worked long hours?
9. How was Julia raised?
10. How did Julia get a publisher for her first cookbook?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)