|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the USIS because of the investigations while Julia was in Marseille?
(a) It was shut down.
(b) The workload slowed down.
(c) It doubled in size.
(d) There was high turnover.
2. How did Julia mark the recipes she sent to Dort?
(a) All of these.
(b) Do Not Share.
3. How did Paul feel when he was offered a job in Paris?
4. Who introduced Julia to Dehilleran.
5. What did Julia eat during her first lunch in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Julia during her first lunch in France?
2. Where did Julia first teach her private cooking lessons?
3. How did the GIs in Julia's cooking class pay for the course?
4. Julia longed for what during her first few weeks at Cordon Bleu?
5. What color was the Buick station wagon Paul and Julia owned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Simca ask Julia for help on her cookbook, and how did Julia respond?
2. Julia Child said this book was about what?
3. How did Julia feel as she prepared to move to Marseille?
4. What happened to Julia's French speaking skills after moving to Paris?
5. How did Julia describe her first impression of Marseille?
6. Who was Minette, and how did Julia feel about her?
7. How did Julia put this book together?
8. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
9. What did Julia have to do in order to pass her practical exam at Cordon Bleu?
10. Who were the Gourmettes?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)