|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the GIs in Julia's cooking class pay for the course?
(a) They used their GI bill.
(b) They took out loans.
(c) They cleaned the kitchens at night.
(d) They had saved up during the war.
2. Julia longed for what during her first few weeks at Cordon Bleu?
(a) More money for food.
(b) A better understanding of the language.
(c) Freedom to make what she wanted.
(d) Individual instruction.
3. What was the name of Julia's husband?
4. Where did Julia first teach her private cooking lessons?
(a) The students' kitchens.
(b) Simca's kitchen.
(c) Her own kitchen.
(d) A spare room at Cordon Bleu.
5. What did Julia do while Paul worked in Paris?
(a) Wandered the city.
(b) Slept and read.
(c) Took classes.
(d) Tried to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced Julia to Dehilleran.
2. What nickname was given to the Buick station wagon owned by Paul and Julia?
3. Where did Julia grow up?
4. Where did Julia's husband grow up?
5. What did Julia know after spending two days in the beginning course?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Julia learn in Marseille about the French language?
2. How did Julia feel about her apartment in the Art Deco building in Marseille?
3. How did Julia describe her first home with Paul in Paris?
4. Who were the Gourmettes?
5. What did Julia want to be when she first went to college?
6. How did Julia feel when she went to England for Christmas?
7. Why did Paul consider quitting his job?
8. What did Julia have to do in order to pass her practical exam at Cordon Bleu?
9. What did Julia love most about her sister's visit to Paris?
10. Julia Child said this book was about what?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)