|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julia say she needed when she got to Marseille?
(a) A good friend.
(b) All of these.
(c) An open heart.
(d) An open mind.
2. What nickname was given to the Buick station wagon owned by Paul and Julia?
(a) Blue Flash.
(b) Brown Gravy.
(c) The Speedster.
(d) White Lightning.
3. What did Julia say was the bright spot of her classes in France?
(a) The GIs.
(b) The sunsets.
(c) Chef Bugnard.
(d) Eating the food.
4. How many times did Julia have to take the practical exam at Cordon Bleu?
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
5. What kind of group was the Gourmettes?
(a) A feminist club.
(b) A cooking club.
(c) A fine wine tasting club.
(d) An all girl eating club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julia's favorite kind of food?
2. What did Bugnard want to do after retiring from Cordon Bleu?
3. What happened to the USIS because of the investigations while Julia was in Marseille?
4. Julia said she wanted this book to be about what?
5. Where was the final stop for Julia and Paul when they went to Dort's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julia feel as she prepared to move to Marseille?
2. What did Paul's age difference benefit in Julia's life?
3. Why did Simca ask Julia for help on her cookbook, and how did Julia respond?
4. Julia had the hardest time adjusting to what in her first apartment in Paris?
5. Who were the Gourmettes?
6. How did Paul's mother get by after her husband died?
7. How did Julia put this book together?
8. While attending Cordon Bleu, what did Julia do when she was not busy with school?
9. What did Julia learn in Marseille about the French language?
10. How was Julia raised?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)