|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Julia spread her father's ashes?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At sea.
(c) In his office.
(d) At her mother's grave.
2. What was the first sign of Paul's disease?
(b) Breathing problems.
(c) Severe headaches.
(d) Chest pain.
3. What was Julia doing right as Paul was retiring?
(a) Packing up boxes.
(b) Answering questions for Judith.
(c) Proofreading the book.
(d) Editing pictures.
4. What book was Julia's favorite to write?
(a) "The French Chef."
(b) "Mastering the Art of French Cooking."
(c) "From Julia Child's Kitchen."
(d) "Cooking with Julia."
5. Which of the following was NOT something Julia bought for the house into which she and Paul moved after they left Germany?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A new stove.
(c) A garbage disposal.
(d) A garage door opener.
6. How often did Julia teach classes in Philladelphia?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once a year.
7. How did Julia choose to promote the book?
(a) They put out some newspaper ads.
(b) They did a book tour.
(c) They gave some to their old teachers at Cordon Bleu.
(d) They sold them at their classes.
8. What did Julia want the reader to feel like they were getting when reading her favorite book?
(a) A personal cooking lesson.
(b) An education.
(c) A new experience.
(d) A cultural trip.
9. Where was Julia most productive while writing the second volume?
10. How did Julia feel after sending her first complete book to the publishers?
(c) All of these.
11. How long did it take for Julia to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
12. What did Simca criticize in a letter she sent to Julia after they began to drift apart?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her relationship with Paul.
(c) Her personal style.
(d) Some recipes.
13. In what location(s) was Julia shot while in France?
(a) All of these.
14. How did Julia feel about the distance between her and Simca when she lived in Germany?
(a) It made the book hard to publish.
(b) It was a hardship on their friendship.
(c) It was a blessing in disguise.
(d) It made their relationship stronger.
15. Julia branched out with what in her favorite book?
(a) The cultural dishes.
(b) The difficulty level.
(c) The techniques.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season did Jones want to publish the second volume?
2. Who was the major guest in a segment while Julia was shooting in France?
3. What month did Julia shoot in Provence?
4. What magazine crew was waiting for Julia when she got to La Pitchoune after shooting the show in France?
5. Paul accused by investigators of being what?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)