|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louisette was considered what with respect to the book on which Simca and Julia were working?
(a) A specialist.
(b) A co-author.
(c) An editor.
(d) A consultant.
2. What was Judith Jones' occupation?
3. What did Simca criticize in a letter she sent to Julia after they began to drift apart?
(a) Her relationship with Paul.
(b) Some recipes.
(c) Her personal style.
(d) All of these.
4. During what season did Jones want to publish the second volume?
5. What was Julia doing right as Paul was retiring?
(a) Proofreading the book.
(b) Packing up boxes.
(c) Answering questions for Judith.
(d) Editing pictures.
6. How many books did Julia end up writing with Simca?
7. How long did it take for Julia to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
8. Who was the major guest in a segment while Julia was shooting in France?
(a) The owner of the first restaurant in which she ate.
(c) The owner of her first apartment.
(d) Her teacher at Cordon Bleu.
9. What did Julia refuse to do in order to stay friends with Simca?
(a) Drink wine with her.
(b) Spend more than a week with her.
(c) Collaborate with her.
(d) Listen to her complaints.
10. What did Julia first think of her German town?
(a) It seemed very dark.
(b) It looked cold.
(c) It was too American.
(d) It was not much different from France.
11. In what location(s) was Julia shot while in France?
(c) All of these.
12. What caused a lot of arguments between Julia and Simca as the deadline got closer?
(a) The date of the publication.
(b) The title of the book.
(c) All of these.
(d) Simca's disorganization.
13. What did Julia say was her most important lesson learned from writing her first book?
(a) Standing her ground on important aspects.
(b) Having trust in the publisher.
(c) The need for teamwork.
(d) The importance of publicity.
14. How did Julia choose to promote the book?
(a) They sold them at their classes.
(b) They did a book tour.
(c) They put out some newspaper ads.
(d) They gave some to their old teachers at Cordon Bleu.
15. Why did Julia take a trip to Paris by herself when she lived in Germany?
(a) Paul had to work.
(b) Paul and Julia were fighting.
(c) Paul was called to Washington, D.C.
(d) Julia had a meeting about her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Simca feel when Julia changed some of the recipes in the second volume?
2. With whom did Julia work to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
3. What was the first sign of Paul's disease?
4. What happened to Paul after his surgery?
5. Why did Julia change some of the recipes in the second volume?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)