|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what location(s) was Julia shot while in France?
(b) All of these.
2. How many books did Julia end up writing with Simca?
3. What kind of interviews did Julia do when the book had a second printing?
(c) All of these.
4. During what season did Jones want to publish the second volume?
5. What was Julia doing right as Paul was retiring?
(a) Packing up boxes.
(b) Editing pictures.
(c) Proofreading the book.
(d) Answering questions for Judith.
6. What stopped the shooting while in Provence?
(a) A cameraman got sick.
(b) They ran out of time.
(c) Production was extended and delayed.
(d) They ran out of money.
7. What main ingredient was different between France and America?
8. Who was the major guest in a segment while Julia was shooting in France?
(a) The owner of her first apartment.
(b) The owner of the first restaurant in which she ate.
(d) Her teacher at Cordon Bleu.
9. What was Julia's primary role while writing the second volume?
10. What problem was discovered about the French bread recipe Julia put in the book?
(a) She suggested using an asbestos tile.
(b) The flour was not widely available.
(c) The yeast measurement was wrong.
(d) It needed different instructions for different elevations.
11. Where did Julia and Paul decide to put down roots?
12. Which of the following was NOT something Julia bought for the house into which she and Paul moved after they left Germany?
(a) A garbage disposal.
(b) A garage door opener.
(c) A new stove.
(d) A dishwasher.
13. How did Simca feel when Julia changed some of the recipes in the second volume?
14. How long was Julia given to write a second draft of her book after it was first rejected?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 12 months.
15. What kind of oven was commonly found in French kitchens that was not common in American kitchens?
(a) Pizza ovens.
(b) Range ovens.
(c) Baking ovens.
(d) Bread ovens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia do when her book was first rejected?
2. How long did it take for Julia to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
3. With whom did Julia work to find the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
4. How many episodes were filmed of "The French Chef" in 1970?
5. Louisette was considered what with respect to the book on which Simca and Julia were working?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)