|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julia hate about TV shots after the shooting was over?
(a) Taking down the sets.
(b) Doing voice overs.
(c) Editing the film.
(d) Washing off her make-up.
2. What disease did Paul contract?
(d) An infarction.
3. Paul wanted to focus on what after he was retired?
(a) His photography.
(b) All of these.
(c) His relationship.
(d) His art.
4. What was the greatest problem facing Julia in order to include the recipe Jones wanted in the second volume?
(a) Finding a recipe that she could call her own.
(b) Finding a recipe that would work in an American kitchen.
(c) Finding a recipe that would take less than three days.
(d) Finding a recipe that Simca would agree to publish.
5. How long did Simca visit Julia in the US?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
6. What was Judith Jones' occupation?
7. What made Julia feel more comfortable in Germany?
(a) The language.
(b) The food.
(c) The streets.
(d) The light.
8. What did Julia want the reader to feel like they were getting when reading her favorite book?
(a) A personal cooking lesson.
(b) An education.
(c) A new experience.
(d) A cultural trip.
9. What was Julia doing right as Paul was retiring?
(a) Answering questions for Judith.
(b) Proofreading the book.
(c) Packing up boxes.
(d) Editing pictures.
10. What did Julia first think of her German town?
(a) It seemed very dark.
(b) It was too American.
(c) It was not much different from France.
(d) It looked cold.
11. What did Julia refuse to do in order to stay friends with Simca?
(a) Listen to her complaints.
(b) Collaborate with her.
(c) Spend more than a week with her.
(d) Drink wine with her.
12. How did Simca feel when Julia changed some of the recipes in the second volume?
13. What stopped the shooting while in Provence?
(a) They ran out of money.
(b) They ran out of time.
(c) A cameraman got sick.
(d) Production was extended and delayed.
14. During what season did Jones want to publish the second volume?
15. When did Julia and Simca begin drifitng apart?
(a) After the second volume was published.
(b) When Simca could not get a book deal on her own.
(c) When the show aired in France.
(d) After Julia moved to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julia think the second volume would take less time to write?
2. Where was Paul sent after he and Julia bought a house in Cambridge?
3. What was Julia's primary role while writing the second volume?
4. What did Paul build in his cellar for Julia?
5. What magazine crew was waiting for Julia when she got to La Pitchoune after shooting the show in France?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)