|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julia say was the greatest lesson she learned at Cordon Bleu?
(a) To have one signature dish.
(b) To infuse dishes with creativity.
(c) To be patient.
(d) To do things simply.
2. Julia's husband wrote lots of letters to whom?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
3. Julia was most worried about what when Paul took a job in Paris?
(a) Learning the language.
(b) Being away from family.
(c) The war.
(d) Fighting while travelling.
4. How did Julia describe the waiters at her first lunch in France?
5. Where was the apartment Julia found in Marseille?
6. What did French people call Catfish?
(b) Snake fish.
(d) Angel fish.
7. Who was conducting major investigations within the government when Julia was in Marseille?
8. What did Julia say she needed when she got to Marseille?
(a) An open mind.
(b) All of these.
(c) A good friend.
(d) An open heart.
9. What did Julia know after spending two days in the beginning course?
(a) It was too easy for her.
(b) It was too French for her.
(c) It was too expensive for her.
(d) It was too hard for her.
10. How did Julia feel when she was working on her first cookbook?
11. What did Julia say was the bright spot of her classes in France?
(a) Eating the food.
(b) The sunsets.
(c) The GIs.
(d) Chef Bugnard.
12. How did the GIs in Julia's cooking class pay for the course?
(a) They cleaned the kitchens at night.
(b) They had saved up during the war.
(c) They used their GI bill.
(d) They took out loans.
13. What color was the Buick station wagon Paul and Julia owned?
14. What caused Julia to contact Avis?
(a) Reading a newspaper article about her.
(b) Seeing a picture of her in the newspaper.
(c) An artice written by her husband.
(d) Seeing her name in another cookbook.
15. When did Paul first live in France?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1910s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1920s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julia not see much of Paul when they moved to Marseille?
2. Julia said she wanted this book to be about what?
3. What did the name of Julia's school mean?
4. Whom did Paul NOT want the French people to trust?
5. In what kind of building did Paul find an apartment in Marseille?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)