|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paul forced to consider during the government's investigations while he was in Marseille?
(a) Whether or not to get a French citizenship card.
(b) How to support Julia in her career.
(c) Where to move.
(d) What he would do if he were fired.
2. Who was conducting major investigations within the government when Julia was in Marseille?
3. What did the name of Julia's school mean?
(a) The School of French Cuisine.
(b) The School of Beginning Cooking.
(c) The School of Julia and Simca.
(d) The School of the Three Hearty Eaters.
4. How did Julia feel when she first when to Paris?
(a) She was afraid of it.
(b) She was overwhelmed by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She hated it.
5. Where was Paul sent after Marseille?
6. What was Paul's job in Paris?
(a) To depict the effects of the war on France.
(b) To register the military men there.
(c) To build good will between France and America.
(d) To decipher some top secret files.
7. Whom did Paul NOT want the French people to trust?
8. What color was the Buick station wagon Paul and Julia owned?
9. What color lights were on the Eiffel Tower when Julia first saw it?
10. How did the GIs in Julia's cooking class pay for the course?
(a) They had saved up during the war.
(b) They took out loans.
(c) They cleaned the kitchens at night.
(d) They used their GI bill.
11. How many volumes were in Curnonsky's encyclopedia of French foods?
12. Julia was most grateful to her husband for what?
(a) Loving her.
(b) Being patient with her.
(c) Teaching her.
(d) Inspiring her.
13. What was Paul's occupation when he met Julia?
(d) Logistics trainer.
14. How long did Paul and Julia live in Washington, D.C., just after getting married?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
15. What did Julia say was the greatest lesson she learned at Cordon Bleu?
(a) To be patient.
(b) To infuse dishes with creativity.
(c) To do things simply.
(d) To have one signature dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Julia during her first lunch in France?
2. How many staff members did Paul have when he first got to paris?
3. How many GIs took the cooking course with Julia in France?
4. Julia's husband wrote lots of letters to whom?
5. Where did Julia grow up?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)