|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9, From Julia Child's Kitchen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Julia during her first lunch in France?
(a) The portions were huge.
(b) Everyone drank wine.
(c) She was served a spritzer.
(d) There was more than one course.
2. How did Julia like filming for the cooking show?
(a) It was stressful.
(b) It was fun.
(c) It was exciting.
(d) It was annoying.
3. Why did Julia change some of the recipes in the second volume?
(a) They needed ingredients that were available in America.
(b) They needed to be more nutritious.
(c) They needed to fit the format of the book.
(d) They needed fuller explanation.
4. What problem was discovered about the French bread recipe Julia put in the book?
(a) The flour was not widely available.
(b) The yeast measurement was wrong.
(c) It needed different instructions for different elevations.
(d) She suggested using an asbestos tile.
5. Who did not like the final title given the book before production?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julia first teach her private cooking lessons?
2. Where was Paul sent after he and Julia bought a house in Cambridge?
3. Where did Julia and Paul decide to put down roots?
4. How did Julia feel after sending her first complete book to the publishers?
5. Whom did Paul NOT want the French people to trust?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)