|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8, The French Chef in France.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Julia feel about the distance between her and Simca when she lived in Germany?
(a) It was a hardship on their friendship.
(b) It was a blessing in disguise.
(c) It made the book hard to publish.
(d) It made their relationship stronger.
2. How did Julia describe the room in which her first cooking class in France was taught?
3. What was Elizabeth Brassart's occupation?
(a) School owner.
(b) Schedule Secretary.
4. What problem was discovered about the French bread recipe Julia put in the book?
(a) She suggested using an asbestos tile.
(b) The yeast measurement was wrong.
(c) It needed different instructions for different elevations.
(d) The flour was not widely available.
5. What did Julia research while in the grocery stores in America?
(a) What kind of cookbooks were purchased.
(b) What the popular dishes were.
(c) Where to get certain supplies.
(d) What ingredients were available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Julia bought for the house into which she and Paul moved after they left Germany?
2. Paul wanted to focus on what after he was retired?
3. Where did Julia and Paul move after their time in Germany?
4. How did the GIs in Julia's cooking class pay for the course?
5. How often did Julia teach classes in Philladelphia?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)