* Julia wanted to write about the things she loved most in life: her husband, cooking, and France.
* Julia was raised in California. Paul was raised in Boston. They met in Sri Lanka while both were working for the military.
* Paul was 10 years older and introduced Julia to many refined things in life, including Paris, which Julia loved.
* Julia began cooking when she first got married, but was not very good. She learned to cook well when she moved to Paris with her husband.
* Julia wrote this book with the help of her grand-nephew, Alex, and some letters her husband had written to his twin brother.
Part 1: Chapter 1, La Belle France
* Paul's job in Paris was to build relations with the French government and prove that the Marshall Plan was good for them.
* While Pail worked, Julia explored the city. Paul joined her on the weekends and they...
This section contains 1,636 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)