|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
2. Which California-based restaurant chain boasts no microwaves, heat lamps, or freezers?
3. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
4. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
5. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sales pitch given to the city of Lexington, Nebraska by IBP to get citizens to allow a slaughterhouse be built there. How was this sales pitch a far cry from the reality that Lexington lives with today?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the practices that get ConAgra Foods into legal trouble. Which aspects of their business are involved? How are they punished?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)