|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
2. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
3. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
4. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
5. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
2. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
3. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
4. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
5. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
6. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
7. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
8. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
9. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
10. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the conservative nature of the city of Colorado Springs evolved. Include the historical, political, and religious aspects of the city.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Henry Ford's assembly line style of production affects evolution of service in the fast food industry. What restaurant chains espouse this method of production? Why is it so effective?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the culture in San Bernardino after World War II. Illustrate the dichotomy between the McDonald's philosophy and the presence of the Hell's Angels. What are the values of each? What are some of the trappings of each aspect of the culture?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)