|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
3. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
2. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
3. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
4. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
5. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
6. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
7. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
8. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
9. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
10. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the daily routine of Elisa Zamot, the sixteen-year-old described in the book who works at McDonald's. How is she like many other teenagers who work at McDonald's? Why does McDonald's hire teenagers? How is Elisa treated at work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the practices that get ConAgra Foods into legal trouble. Which aspects of their business are involved? How are they punished?
Essay Topic 3
How does the innovation of the Chicken McNugget change the fast food food industry? How does it change the poultry industry? Which companies are involved in this evolution and how?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)