Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
Describe the affects that the influx of migrant workers has on communities where the meatpacking industry exists. What attracts people from south of the border to want to work America? How are the companies at fault for the negative impact on the local health care systems? What promises have GFI America make to workers from Eagle Pass, Texas that had a negative impact on the economy?
How does the author compare the appearance of bacterium Escherichia coli O157:H7 to the outbreak of the AIDS virus? Include when each first appeared, its affects on its victims, and how each can lie dormant for years, and what conditions have made it possible for each to thrive.
How do fast food companies market products to children? In what ways do companies maximize their products' exposure to kids once they become interested? What are some of the categories of "juvenile nagging tactics"? How are parents marketed to to maximize the child market?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)