|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
2. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
3. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sales pitch given to the city of Lexington, Nebraska by IBP to get citizens to allow a slaughterhouse be built there. How was this sales pitch a far cry from the reality that Lexington lives with today?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the inherent conflict of interest between franchisees and franchisors. Include references to the way in which Subway obtains franchisees and the concept of encroachment.
Essay Topic 3
Who benefits from "conservation easements"? Why? What type of rancher faces the most economic difficulty in light of population growth and larger companies having captive supplies? Why? What other advantages do large companies have over smaller ranchers?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)