|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
2. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
3. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
4. Injured workers at IBP who can't claim worker's comp almost always sign a ________ or risk losing their jobs.
5. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
2. What was the most popular meat in America before World War II and why did that change?
3. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
4. How does In-N-Out Burger do business differently than other restaurants?
5. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
6. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
7. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
8. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
9. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
10. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the conservative nature of the city of Colorado Springs evolved. Include the historical, political, and religious aspects of the city.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the culture in San Bernardino after World War II. Illustrate the dichotomy between the McDonald's philosophy and the presence of the Hell's Angels. What are the values of each? What are some of the trappings of each aspect of the culture?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the practices that get ConAgra Foods into legal trouble. Which aspects of their business are involved? How are they punished?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)