|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
2. What is the name of the supervisor given in the book who belittles his employees injuries, cursing them out, and shouting at his workers to move faster?
3. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
4. What do some workers need to make themselves feel charged up and self-confident?
5. In what area of the packing plant do workers use a power saw to slice cattle into halves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
2. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
3. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
4. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
5. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
6. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
7. Why is grain-fed beef preferable to grass-fed beef?
8. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
9. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
10. What are the main reasons that most migrant workers look for meatpacking jobs in America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the innovation of the Chicken McNugget change the fast food food industry? How does it change the poultry industry? Which companies are involved in this evolution and how?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does IBP have on the meat-packing industry? How does the nature of labor change in the meat-packing industry? Who are the major players involved and how does their involvement contribute to the company's getting into legal trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)