|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
2. Cattle remains that were previously fed to cattle are now fed to _____.
3. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
4. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
5. What is the other name for mad cow disease from the book?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plight of the Idaho potato farmer. How does the potato industry evolve in the twentieth century? Who are the major players involved in changing the potato industry? How does the development of potatoes into a bulk commodity affect the farmer?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the culture in San Bernardino after World War II. Illustrate the dichotomy between the McDonald's philosophy and the presence of the Hell's Angels. What are the values of each? What are some of the trappings of each aspect of the culture?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the affects that the influx of migrant workers has on communities where the meatpacking industry exists. What attracts people from south of the border to want to work America? How are the companies at fault for the negative impact on the local health care systems? What promises have GFI America make to workers from Eagle Pass, Texas that had a negative impact on the economy?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)