Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
Essay Topic 1
How did Mike Harper of ConAgra manipulate the Nebraska tax code? Which governor was involved? What tax breaks did he want? How do these breaks help other companies? What threat did he make if his demands were not met? What did he do after he got everything he wanted?
Essay Topic 2
How do fast food companies market products to children? In what ways do companies maximize their products' exposure to kids once they become interested? What are some of the categories of "juvenile nagging tactics"? How are parents marketed to to maximize the child market?
Essay Topic 3
What effect does Upton Sinclair's novel, The Jungle, have on the meat-packing industry? What is Sinclair's intended effect in writing the book? What type of legislation is passed as a result of his book's publication?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)