|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
2. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
3. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
4. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
5. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the culture in San Bernardino after World War II. Illustrate the dichotomy between the McDonald's philosophy and the presence of the Hell's Angels. What are the values of each? What are some of the trappings of each aspect of the culture?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of different food additives in the processed food industry. Why do additives become important? What kinds of additives are used and where do they come from?
Essay Topic 3
How do fast food companies market products to children? In what ways do companies maximize their products' exposure to kids once they become interested? What are some of the categories of "juvenile nagging tactics"? How are parents marketed to to maximize the child market?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)