Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the affects that the influx of migrant workers has on communities where the meatpacking industry exists. What attracts people from south of the border to want to work America? How are the companies at fault for the negative impact on the local health care systems? What promises have GFI America make to workers from Eagle Pass, Texas that had a negative impact on the economy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the different jobs in a slaughterhouse. Include the tools used and the inherent dangers in each job.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)