Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the inherent conflict of interest between franchisees and franchisors. Include references to the way in which Subway obtains franchisees and the concept of encroachment.
Essay Topic 2
How do fast food companies market products to children? In what ways do companies maximize their products' exposure to kids once they become interested? What are some of the categories of "juvenile nagging tactics"? How are parents marketed to to maximize the child market?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the culture in San Bernardino after World War II. Illustrate the dichotomy between the McDonald's philosophy and the presence of the Hell's Angels. What are the values of each? What are some of the trappings of each aspect of the culture?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)