|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
2. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
3. Who purchases IBP in this chapter?
4. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
5. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
2. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
3. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
4. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
5. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
6. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
7. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
8. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
9. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
10. What does one of Dale Lasater's grandfather's do to fight against the Beef Trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the affects that the influx of migrant workers has on communities where the meatpacking industry exists. What attracts people from south of the border to want to work America? How are the companies at fault for the negative impact on the local health care systems? What promises have GFI America make to workers from Eagle Pass, Texas that had a negative impact on the economy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the life of the rancher has changed since the days of the Wild West. Ho does the impact of new ranching techniques and the development of big cattle companies affect ranching?
Essay Topic 3
How do fast food companies market products to children? In what ways do companies maximize their products' exposure to kids once they become interested? What are some of the categories of "juvenile nagging tactics"? How are parents marketed to to maximize the child market?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)