|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To stop cursing.
(b) To stop smoking.
(c) To lose weight.
(d) To be able to afford a car.
2. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
(a) Knuckle draggers.
(d) Whiny butts.
3. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
4. Where is the motorcycle club that springs up in Southern California after World War II?
(a) The Galloping Goose.
(b) The Gate Keepers.
(c) The Knights of Destruction.
(d) The Hell's Angels.
5. According to the founder of the "Success" seminar, which faith is considered to be hopelessly out of date?
6. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
(a) Red Valley District.
(b) Blue Rocks District.
(c) Disctrict 11.
(d) District 9.
7. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
8. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Jimmy Carter's.
(b) Donald Trump's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Tom Cruise's.
9. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
10. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The automobile.
(b) The railway system.
(c) The assembly line.
11. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The white wave".
(b) "The new white flight".
(c) "The rage migration".
(d) "The unskilled labor movement".
12. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(c) Gift certificates.
13. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Foreign land owners.
(b) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(c) Small ranchers.
14. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Rainfall pattern changes.
(b) Private irrigation contracts.
(c) The Snake River flood.
(d) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
15. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) Ray Kroc.
(b) John Atwater.
(c) Carl Karcher.
(d) Frederick DeLuca.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of clothing does someone not see at Harrison High School now?
2. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
3. In what county does Anaheim, California reside?
4. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
5. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)