|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(b) El Paso.
2. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1940's.
(c) The 1950's.
(d) The 1960's.
3. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(b) Industiral Arts Council.
(c) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
4. What is the nickname of Colorado Springs?
(a) Little London.
(c) Little Taos.
(d) Snow Capital.
5. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Rainfall pattern changes.
(b) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) The Snake River flood.
6. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
7. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
8. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
9. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Garbage Pail Kids.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Cabbage Patch Kids.
10. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Foreign land owners.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(d) Small ranchers.
11. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
(d) Earth Movers.
12. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(b) Micron Technology.
(c) Hewlett Packard.
13. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
14. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To stop smoking.
(b) To stop cursing.
(c) To be able to afford a car.
(d) To lose weight.
15. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Meredith Ogilby.
(b) Osha Gray Davidson.
(c) John Mack Faragher.
(d) Robert H. Vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
2. Who is last to speak at the "Success" seminar and "cuts through all the snake oil", saying that all the conventional goals people have don't really matter?
3. McDonaldland borrows its distinctive look from where?
4. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
5. According to the founder of the "Success" seminar, which faith is considered to be hopelessly out of date?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)