|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
(a) Eating out for the first time.
(b) Looking for work.
(c) Asking for directions.
(d) Selling milkshake mixers.
2. What potatoes are considered the perfect frying potato?
(a) Yukon Gold.
(b) White Rose.
(c) Baby Red.
(d) Russet Burbank.
3. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(a) Pike's Peak.
(c) Cheyenne Mountain.
4. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(c) Lamb Weston.
5. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Industiral Arts Council.
(c) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(d) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
6. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
(a) A prune dryer.
(b) A wind machine.
(c) A peach pitter.
(d) A sun dryer.
7. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
8. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
(a) MR. SPUD.
(c) U 8 T8EZ.
9. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(c) Guar gum.
(d) Ascorbic acid.
10. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) The 1960's.
11. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
12. When Carl's Jr. moves to Colorado Springs, it co-brands its outlets with which company?
13. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The automobile.
(b) The assembly line.
(d) The railway system.
14. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To stop smoking.
(c) To be able to afford a car.
(d) To stop cursing.
15. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Trust easement.
(b) Conservation easement.
(c) Truncated write-off.
(d) Farewell write-off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
2. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
3. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
4. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
5. What is the nickname for the McDonald's operations and training manual assembled by Fred Turner in 1958?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)