|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
2. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
3. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
(a) The Seventh Day Adventists.
(b) Church of the Resurrection.
(d) Focus on the Family.
4. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Antonin Dvorak.
(b) Eli Whitney.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
(a) Vancouver, Canada.
(b) Prescott, Arizona.
(c) Carson City, Nevada.
(d) Michoacan, Mexico.
6. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(b) Hewlett Packard.
(c) Micron Technology.
7. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
8. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(b) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(c) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
(d) Internet Child Safety Act.
9. Who is last to speak at the "Success" seminar and "cuts through all the snake oil", saying that all the conventional goals people have don't really matter?
(a) Christopher Reeve.
(b) Stephen Hawking.
(c) Nancy Pelosi.
(d) Mark Harmon.
10. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The German Marxists.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The French Resistance.
(d) The NAZI party.
11. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Conservation easement.
(b) Truncated write-off.
(c) Farewell write-off.
(d) Trust easement.
12. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
(a) As "terminal migrations of taste".
(b) As "wholesome expressions in dining".
(c) As "gaudy relfections of the American psyche".
(d) As "circular meccas of neon".
13. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(b) Burger angels.
14. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(a) Sock puppets.
(d) Hamburger coupons.
15. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(b) Foreign land owners.
(d) Small ranchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
2. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
3. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
4. What is the nickname for the McDonald's operations and training manual assembled by Fred Turner in 1958?
5. What potatoes are considered the perfect frying potato?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)