|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
(b) Twenty million.
(c) 1.5 million.
2. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
(a) General Electric.
(c) General Dynamics.
3. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
(b) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(c) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(d) Internet Child Safety Act.
4. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
5. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
(a) Tyson Foods.
(b) Archer Daniels Midland.
(c) Williams Chicken Coporation.
(d) McNabb Hens.
6. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(a) Hamburger coupons.
(c) Sock puppets.
7. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
(a) Michoacan, Mexico.
(b) Prescott, Arizona.
(c) Carson City, Nevada.
(d) Vancouver, Canada.
8. What does KIGY stand for?
(a) Klansmen I Greet You.
(b) Karcher Is God Yes.
(c) Karcher Intends Good Yesterdays.
(d) Kansas Is Gone Yonder.
9. What distinctive aspect of McDonald's is as strictly protected by copyright law as the designs on a box of soap?
(a) The design of the menus.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The presence of playgrounds.
(d) The interior color schemes.
10. When Carl's Jr. moves to Colorado Springs, it co-brands its outlets with which company?
11. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
(c) U 8 T8EZ.
(d) MR. SPUD.
12. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
13. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
14. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
(a) Eighth-grade dropout.
(b) Master's Degree in Agriculture.
(c) Two years of technical school.
(d) Graduated high school.
15. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Antonin Dvorak.
(c) Eli Whitney.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
2. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
3. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
4. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
5. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)