|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Osha Gray Davidson.
(b) John Mack Faragher.
(c) Robert H. Vine.
(d) Meredith Ogilby.
2. At the "Success" seminar, what is the prize for winning the dance contest?
(a) A car.
(b) A home stereo system.
(c) A paid guest spot on a "Success" commercial.
(d) A trip to Disneyland.
3. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The rage migration".
(b) "The new white flight".
(c) "The white wave".
(d) "The unskilled labor movement".
4. What do Ray Kroc and Walt Disney join to see battle in Europe in 1917?
(a) The Army Rangers.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. What is the primary medium of children's advertising?
(a) Comic books.
6. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
(b) MR. SPUD.
(d) U 8 T8EZ.
7. What is the annual turnover rate in the fast food industry at the writing of this book?
(a) 300 to 400%.
8. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
(a) Asking for directions.
(b) Looking for work.
(c) Selling milkshake mixers.
(d) Eating out for the first time.
9. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River flood.
(b) Private irrigation contracts.
(c) Rainfall pattern changes.
(d) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
10. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
11. What is the nickname for the McDonald's operations and training manual assembled by Fred Turner in 1958?
(a) The Book.
(b) The Way.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Paper Weight.
12. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(c) Lamb Weston.
13. Who comes up with the idea for the Chicken McNugget in 1979?
(a) Ray Kroc.
(b) Robert Iger.
(c) Cam Robertson.
(d) Fred Turner.
14. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Industiral Arts Council.
(b) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(d) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
15. How is the metropolis of Los Angeles characterized?
(a) Vertical and compact.
(b) Sprawling and horizontal.
(d) Flowing and efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
2. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
3. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
4. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
5. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)