|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
(a) Whiny butts.
(c) Knuckle draggers.
2. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(a) Micron Technology.
(d) Hewlett Packard.
3. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Tom Cruise's.
(b) Jimmy Carter's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Donald Trump's.
4. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
(a) Seymour Duncan.
(b) Alvin Donovan.
(c) John Cage.
(d) William Rosenberg.
5. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(a) Hamburger coupons.
(d) Sock puppets.
6. What is the initial franchising fee Ray Kroc charges to open a McDonald's?
7. What does KIGY stand for?
(a) Karcher Is God Yes.
(b) Kansas Is Gone Yonder.
(c) Karcher Intends Good Yesterdays.
(d) Klansmen I Greet You.
8. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A stock car race track.
(c) A Mcdonald's.
(d) A pre-school.
9. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Margaret Heinz.
(b) Jane Mansfield.
(c) Marcia Stevens.
(d) Mary Heidenreich.
10. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Cabbage Patch Kids.
(b) Garbage Pail Kids.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Snow White.
11. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
(b) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(c) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(d) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
12. Ray Kroc is a jazz musician what time period?
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The Depression.
(d) World War II.
13. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
(a) A wind machine.
(b) A peach pitter.
(c) A sun dryer.
(d) A prune dryer.
14. What potatoes are considered the perfect frying potato?
(a) Yukon Gold.
(b) Baby Red.
(c) White Rose.
(d) Russet Burbank.
15. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
(a) Breaker crew.
(b) Flying squad.
(c) Secret service group.
(d) Scorched earth batallion.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
2. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
3. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
4. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
5. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)