|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Habeas corpus.
(c) Scandalum magnum.
(d) Amicus brief.
2. What does KIGY stand for?
(a) Klansmen I Greet You.
(b) Kansas Is Gone Yonder.
(c) Karcher Intends Good Yesterdays.
(d) Karcher Is God Yes.
3. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) Rainfall pattern changes.
4. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
(a) The Fort Hill Indian Reservation.
(b) South Boise.
(c) The Kickapoo Indian Reservation.
5. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(b) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(c) Industiral Arts Council.
6. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The French Resistance.
(c) The NAZI party.
(d) The German Marxists.
7. When did the rancher Hank die?
8. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) Frederick DeLuca.
(b) Ray Kroc.
(c) Carl Karcher.
(d) John Atwater.
9. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Cheyenne Lane.
(c) Tejon Street.
(d) The Strip.
10. Which company does Carl Karcher team up with to save Carl's Jr.?
(a) Green Burrito.
11. How much money does Dave Feamster owe Little Caesar's before he sells his first pizza?
(b) $1 million.
12. The leading sectors of the nation's economy are controlled by corporate alliances known as _______.
13. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Osha Gray Davidson.
(b) Meredith Ogilby.
(c) Robert H. Vine.
(d) John Mack Faragher.
14. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(b) El Paso.
15. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(c) Hamburger coupons.
(d) Sock puppets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut?
2. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
3. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
4. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
5. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)