|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
2. When Carl's Jr. moves to Colorado Springs, it co-brands its outlets with which company?
3. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
(a) South Boise.
(c) The Fort Hill Indian Reservation.
(d) The Kickapoo Indian Reservation.
4. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
(a) Secret service group.
(b) Flying squad.
(c) Breaker crew.
(d) Scorched earth batallion.
5. Who comes up with the idea for the Chicken McNugget in 1979?
(a) Robert Iger.
(b) Cam Robertson.
(c) Fred Turner.
(d) Ray Kroc.
6. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(b) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
(c) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(d) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
7. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
(a) Looking for work.
(b) Selling milkshake mixers.
(c) Asking for directions.
(d) Eating out for the first time.
8. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
(b) Knuckle draggers.
(d) Whiny butts.
9. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) Carl Karcher.
(b) Frederick DeLuca.
(c) John Atwater.
(d) Ray Kroc.
10. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
11. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Selective reasoning.
(b) Goal objective attainment.
(c) Transaction analysis.
(d) Quantum agreement.
12. The speed and volume of a factory's flow is called what?
(a) Efficiency effect.
(b) Bottom line.
(c) Money movement.
13. McDonaldland borrows its distinctive look from where?
(a) The Magic Kingdom.
(b) Magic Mountain.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) Lost in Space.
14. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Cheyenne Lane.
(c) The Strip.
(d) Tejon Street.
15. What is the annual turnover rate in the fast food industry at the writing of this book?
(a) 300 to 400%.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
2. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
3. When did the rancher Hank die?
4. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
5. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)