|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
(b) General Dynamics.
(c) General Electric.
2. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Eli Whitney.
(b) Antonin Dvorak.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
3. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
(a) Captive supplies.
(c) Common stock.
(d) Pen reserves.
4. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
(a) Twenty million.
(c) 1.5 million.
5. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Donald Trump's.
(b) Ronald Reagan's.
(c) Tom Cruise's.
(d) Jimmy Carter's.
6. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Farewell write-off.
(b) Conservation easement.
(c) Trust easement.
(d) Truncated write-off.
7. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Dakota.
8. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
9. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The assembly line.
(c) The railway system.
(d) The automobile.
10. When did the rancher Hank die?
11. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
(a) District 9.
(b) Disctrict 11.
(c) Red Valley District.
(d) Blue Rocks District.
12. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Quantum agreement.
(b) Selective reasoning.
(c) Transaction analysis.
(d) Goal objective attainment.
13. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(a) Gift certificates.
14. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
(a) Master's Degree in Agriculture.
(b) Two years of technical school.
(c) Graduated high school.
(d) Eighth-grade dropout.
15. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Private irrigation contracts.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) Rainfall pattern changes.
(d) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
2. At the "Success" seminar, what is the prize for winning the dance contest?
3. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
4. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
5. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)