|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of clothing does someone not see at Harrison High School now?
2. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Goal objective attainment.
(b) Quantum agreement.
(c) Selective reasoning.
(d) Transaction analysis.
3. In 1973, what causes the fast food industry to temporarily lose stock value?
(a) Mad cow disease.
(b) The advent of health food markets.
(c) The death of Ray Kroc.
(d) The Arab oil embargo.
4. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
5. What distinctive aspect of McDonald's is as strictly protected by copyright law as the designs on a box of soap?
(a) The architecture.
(b) The interior color schemes.
(c) The design of the menus.
(d) The presence of playgrounds.
6. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
(a) A taco stand.
(b) A hot dog cart.
(c) A soda fountain.
(d) A lemonade stand.
7. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
8. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 80 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 30 percent.
9. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Scandalum magnum.
(b) Amicus brief.
(d) Habeas corpus.
10. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The new white flight".
(b) "The rage migration".
(c) "The unskilled labor movement".
(d) "The white wave".
11. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
(b) Twenty million.
(d) 1.5 million.
12. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Small ranchers.
(b) Foreign land owners.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
13. Which company's catch phrase is "supermarket to the world"?
(a) Tyson Foods.
(c) J.R. Simplot.
(d) Archer Daniels Midland.
14. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1960's.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) The 1950's.
15. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
(a) A pre-school.
(b) A stock car race track.
(c) A Mcdonald's.
(d) A shopping mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
2. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
3. Feamster's wife does what for a living?
4. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
5. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)