|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
(a) U 8 T8EZ.
(d) MR. SPUD.
2. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
(a) The Independent Service System.
(b) The Speedee Service Sytem.
(c) The Super Service System.
(d) The Efficiency System.
3. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(b) Gift certificates.
4. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) The Strip.
(b) Cheyenne Lane.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Tejon Street.
5. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(b) Internet Child Safety Act.
(c) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(d) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
6. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
(a) A stock car race track.
(b) A pre-school.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A Mcdonald's.
7. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Scandalum magnum.
(b) Habeas corpus.
(d) Amicus brief.
8. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(b) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(d) Industiral Arts Council.
9. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The NAZI party.
(b) The French Resistance.
(c) The German Marxists.
(d) The CIA.
10. How many pounds of potatoes does the J.R. Simplot plant in Aberdeen, Idaho produce?
(a) One million.
(b) Four hundred thousand.
(c) Forty thousand.
(d) One billion.
11. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1950's.
12. What does KIGY stand for?
(a) Kansas Is Gone Yonder.
(b) Klansmen I Greet You.
(c) Karcher Intends Good Yesterdays.
(d) Karcher Is God Yes.
13. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(d) Lamb Weston.
14. Feamster's wife does what for a living?
(a) Is a jazz singer.
(b) Owns a McDonald's franchise.
(c) Is his secretary.
(d) Is a schoolteacher.
15. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
(a) Church of the Resurrection.
(c) Focus on the Family.
(d) The Seventh Day Adventists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
2. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
3. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
4. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
5. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)