|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1973, what causes the fast food industry to temporarily lose stock value?
(a) The advent of health food markets.
(b) Mad cow disease.
(c) The Arab oil embargo.
(d) The death of Ray Kroc.
2. What style of clothing does someone not see at Harrison High School now?
3. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
4. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The new white flight".
(b) "The rage migration".
(c) "The white wave".
(d) "The unskilled labor movement".
5. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
(b) The Kickapoo Indian Reservation.
(c) South Boise.
(d) The Fort Hill Indian Reservation.
6. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
(a) A pre-school.
(b) A stock car race track.
(c) A Mcdonald's.
(d) A shopping mall.
7. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
8. What is the initial franchising fee Ray Kroc charges to open a McDonald's?
9. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
10. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Quantum agreement.
(b) Transaction analysis.
(c) Selective reasoning.
(d) Goal objective attainment.
11. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) The Strip.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Cheyenne Lane.
(d) Tejon Street.
12. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Conservation easement.
(b) Farewell write-off.
(c) Truncated write-off.
(d) Trust easement.
13. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
(a) The RockyMountain Tribune.
(b) The Daily Reader.
(c) The Register.
(d) The Gazette-Telegraph.
14. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
15. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Osha Gray Davidson.
(b) Meredith Ogilby.
(c) John Mack Faragher.
(d) Robert H. Vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
2. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
3. Which company does Carl Karcher team up with to save Carl's Jr.?
4. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
5. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)