|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the apparent ideal for employees in the restaurant industry?
(a) Zero training.
(b) Perfect attendance.
(c) Highly skilled personnel.
(d) Quality training.
2. At the "Success" seminar, what is the prize for winning the dance contest?
(a) A car.
(b) A home stereo system.
(c) A paid guest spot on a "Success" commercial.
(d) A trip to Disneyland.
3. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
4. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(b) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(d) Industiral Arts Council.
5. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(a) Burger angels.
6. Who owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut?
(b) Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc.
(c) Franchise Conglomerate Services Company.
7. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(c) Lamb Weston.
8. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
(a) Marble golden arches.
(b) A french fry tunnel.
9. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(b) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
(c) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
(d) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
10. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
(a) Of Two Cities.
(b) Strictly cautionary.
(c) Horatio Alger.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
11. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
12. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Ronald Reagan's.
(b) Tom Cruise's.
(c) Donald Trump's.
(d) Jimmy Carter's.
13. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
(a) Orange Groves.
(b) Bird sanctuary land.
(c) Desert wasteland.
(d) Swamp land.
14. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Jane Mansfield.
(b) Mary Heidenreich.
(c) Marcia Stevens.
(d) Margaret Heinz.
15. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Transaction analysis.
(b) Quantum agreement.
(c) Selective reasoning.
(d) Goal objective attainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
2. Who does sales pitches at FutureCall?
3. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
4. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
5. According to the founder of the "Success" seminar, which faith is considered to be hopelessly out of date?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)