|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1973, what causes the fast food industry to temporarily lose stock value?
(a) Mad cow disease.
(b) The Arab oil embargo.
(c) The death of Ray Kroc.
(d) The advent of health food markets.
2. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Sneeze powder.
(b) Gold dust.
(c) Star granules.
(d) Fairy dust.
3. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(a) Lamb Weston.
4. What do Ray Kroc and Walt Disney join to see battle in Europe in 1917?
(a) The Army Rangers.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The National Guard.
5. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
(a) The RockyMountain Tribune.
(b) The Gazette-Telegraph.
(c) The Register.
(d) The Daily Reader.
6. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
(a) The Seventh Day Adventists.
(c) Focus on the Family.
(d) Church of the Resurrection.
7. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
(a) $30,000 to $60,000.
(b) Nothing, they do it for free.
8. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
(a) Earth Movers.
9. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(a) Hamburger coupons.
(b) Sock puppets.
10. What is the apparent ideal for employees in the restaurant industry?
(a) Quality training.
(b) Highly skilled personnel.
(c) Perfect attendance.
(d) Zero training.
11. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The assembly line.
(b) The automobile.
(c) The railway system.
12. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
13. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
(a) A hot dog cart.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A soda fountain.
(d) A lemonade stand.
14. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(b) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(d) Industiral Arts Council.
15. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
(a) Pen reserves.
(b) Common stock.
(d) Captive supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
2. How many pounds of potatoes does the J.R. Simplot plant in Aberdeen, Idaho produce?
3. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
4. What distinctive aspect of McDonald's is as strictly protected by copyright law as the designs on a box of soap?
5. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)