|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Antonin Dvorak.
(c) Eli Whitney.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
2. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(b) Foreign land owners.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(d) Small ranchers.
3. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(b) Cheyenne Mountain.
(d) Pike's Peak.
4. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
5. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(b) Gift certificates.
6. Ray Kroc is a jazz musician what time period?
(b) World War II.
(c) The Depression.
(d) The 1950's.
7. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(b) Burger angels.
8. Which company's catch phrase is "supermarket to the world"?
(a) Archer Daniels Midland.
(b) J.R. Simplot.
(d) Tyson Foods.
9. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The NAZI party.
(c) The German Marxists.
(d) The French Resistance.
10. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
(a) A taco stand.
(b) A lemonade stand.
(c) A hot dog cart.
(d) A soda fountain.
11. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
12. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Trust easement.
(b) Farewell write-off.
(c) Truncated write-off.
(d) Conservation easement.
13. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Jane Mansfield.
(b) Margaret Heinz.
(c) Mary Heidenreich.
(d) Marcia Stevens.
14. How is the metropolis of Los Angeles characterized?
(a) Vertical and compact.
(c) Flowing and efficient.
(d) Sprawling and horizontal.
15. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(a) Hewlett Packard.
(b) Micron Technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
2. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
3. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
4. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
5. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)