|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
2. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
(a) Looking for work.
(b) Selling milkshake mixers.
(c) Eating out for the first time.
(d) Asking for directions.
3. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) Carl Karcher.
(b) Ray Kroc.
(c) John Atwater.
(d) Frederick DeLuca.
4. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(a) Lamb Weston.
5. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) Rainfall pattern changes.
(d) Private irrigation contracts.
6. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
7. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
(a) Breaker crew.
(b) Flying squad.
(c) Scorched earth batallion.
(d) Secret service group.
8. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
(a) Michoacan, Mexico.
(b) Carson City, Nevada.
(c) Vancouver, Canada.
(d) Prescott, Arizona.
9. What do prospective managers train for at Hamburger University?
(a) A Degree in Hamburgerology.
(b) Self-Service Science.
(c) A Medal of McDonald's.
(d) A Bachelor's in Fry Science.
10. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
11. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
(b) Dunkin' Donuts.
(c) Pizza Hut.
(d) Little Caesar's.
12. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(b) Small ranchers.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(d) Foreign land owners.
13. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(c) El Paso.
14. In what county does Anaheim, California reside?
(b) San Bernardino.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
2. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
3. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
4. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
5. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)