|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
2. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Foreign land owners.
(b) Small ranchers.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
3. Who is last to speak at the "Success" seminar and "cuts through all the snake oil", saying that all the conventional goals people have don't really matter?
(a) Nancy Pelosi.
(b) Christopher Reeve.
(c) Stephen Hawking.
(d) Mark Harmon.
4. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(a) Hewlett Packard.
(c) Micron Technology.
5. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
6. What distinctive aspect of McDonald's is as strictly protected by copyright law as the designs on a box of soap?
(a) The presence of playgrounds.
(b) The design of the menus.
(c) The architecture.
(d) The interior color schemes.
7. How did Hank die?
(a) Car accident.
(d) Trampled by one of his herds.
8. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Star granules.
(b) Sneeze powder.
(c) Fairy dust.
(d) Gold dust.
9. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
(a) The Small Business Administration.
(b) The U.S. Treasury.
(c) The National Loan Association.
(d) The International Frahchise Association.
10. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) Ray Kroc.
(b) Frederick DeLuca.
(c) John Atwater.
(d) Carl Karcher.
11. Who stages the "Success" seminar that Feamster and his employees attend at McNichos arena?
(a) John Travolta.
(b) Peter Lowe.
(c) Tony Robbins.
(d) Dale Carnegie.
12. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
(a) Disctrict 11.
(b) Blue Rocks District.
(c) District 9.
(d) Red Valley District.
13. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(b) Internet Child Safety Act.
(c) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
(d) Information and Access Privacy Act.
14. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(b) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
(c) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(d) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
15. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
(a) Williams Chicken Coporation.
(b) McNabb Hens.
(c) Archer Daniels Midland.
(d) Tyson Foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
2. How many pounds of potatoes does the J.R. Simplot plant in Aberdeen, Idaho produce?
3. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
4. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
5. How much money does Dave Feamster owe Little Caesar's before he sells his first pizza?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)