|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Meredith Ogilby.
(b) Robert H. Vine.
(c) John Mack Faragher.
(d) Osha Gray Davidson.
2. Who owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut?
(c) Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc.
(d) Franchise Conglomerate Services Company.
3. How much money does Dave Feamster owe Little Caesar's before he sells his first pizza?
(a) $1 million.
4. Who stages the "Success" seminar that Feamster and his employees attend at McNichos arena?
(a) Tony Robbins.
(b) Dale Carnegie.
(c) Peter Lowe.
(d) John Travolta.
5. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
(d) Earth Movers.
6. In what county does Anaheim, California reside?
(a) San Bernardino.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
8. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
(a) Of Two Cities.
(b) Horatio Alger.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Strictly cautionary.
9. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(a) Pike's Peak.
(c) Cheyenne Mountain.
10. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
11. Where is the motorcycle club that springs up in Southern California after World War II?
(a) The Knights of Destruction.
(b) The Hell's Angels.
(c) The Galloping Goose.
(d) The Gate Keepers.
12. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Sneeze powder.
(b) Star granules.
(c) Gold dust.
(d) Fairy dust.
13. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 80 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
14. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(b) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(c) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
(d) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
15. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To be able to afford a car.
(c) To stop cursing.
(d) To stop smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
2. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
3. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
4. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
5. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)