|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname for the McDonald's operations and training manual assembled by Fred Turner in 1958?
(a) The Book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Way.
(d) The Paper Weight.
2. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(b) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(c) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
(d) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
3. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(b) Pike's Peak.
(d) Cheyenne Mountain.
4. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Margaret Heinz.
(b) Marcia Stevens.
(c) Jane Mansfield.
(d) Mary Heidenreich.
5. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1970's.
6. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Selective reasoning.
(b) Quantum agreement.
(c) Transaction analysis.
(d) Goal objective attainment.
7. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(b) Ascorbic acid.
(d) Guar gum.
8. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
(a) Master's Degree in Agriculture.
(b) Two years of technical school.
(c) Graduated high school.
(d) Eighth-grade dropout.
9. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(d) El Paso.
10. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) John Atwater.
(b) Ray Kroc.
(c) Frederick DeLuca.
(d) Carl Karcher.
11. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Cabbage Patch Kids.
(b) Garbage Pail Kids.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Snow White.
12. Which company does Carl Karcher team up with to save Carl's Jr.?
(b) Green Burrito.
13. What does KIGY stand for?
(a) Karcher Intends Good Yesterdays.
(b) Klansmen I Greet You.
(c) Kansas Is Gone Yonder.
(d) Karcher Is God Yes.
14. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) South Dakota.
15. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
2. Who is last to speak at the "Success" seminar and "cuts through all the snake oil", saying that all the conventional goals people have don't really matter?
3. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
4. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
5. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)