|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the "Success" seminar, what is the prize for winning the dance contest?
(a) A paid guest spot on a "Success" commercial.
(b) A car.
(c) A home stereo system.
(d) A trip to Disneyland.
2. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(b) Small ranchers.
(c) Foreign land owners.
3. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(a) Sessame oil.
(b) Peanut oil.
4. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) The Strip.
(b) Tejon Street.
(c) Cheyenne Lane.
(d) Main Street.
5. What is the initial franchising fee Ray Kroc charges to open a McDonald's?
6. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(c) Burger angels.
7. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
(a) The Seventh Day Adventists.
(b) Focus on the Family.
(c) Church of the Resurrection.
8. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
9. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) Meredith Ogilby.
(b) John Mack Faragher.
(c) Robert H. Vine.
(d) Osha Gray Davidson.
10. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
(a) Strictly cautionary.
(b) Horatio Alger.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Of Two Cities.
11. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Sneeze powder.
(b) Star granules.
(c) Gold dust.
(d) Fairy dust.
12. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The NAZI party.
(b) The French Resistance.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The German Marxists.
13. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
(a) Eighth-grade dropout.
(b) Graduated high school.
(c) Master's Degree in Agriculture.
(d) Two years of technical school.
14. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(b) Guar gum.
(d) Ascorbic acid.
15. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Tom Cruise's.
(b) Ronald Reagan's.
(c) Donald Trump's.
(d) Jimmy Carter's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
2. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
3. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
4. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
5. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)