|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(d) Gift certificates.
2. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(a) Cheyenne Mountain.
(c) Pike's Peak.
3. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
(a) Breaker crew.
(b) Secret service group.
(c) Flying squad.
(d) Scorched earth batallion.
4. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
5. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
(a) Earth Movers.
6. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 30 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
7. Who owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut?
(b) Franchise Conglomerate Services Company.
(d) Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc.
8. What does Simplot's Lincoln Continental license plate say?
(b) MR. SPUD.
(d) U 8 T8EZ.
9. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Conservation easement.
(b) Trust easement.
(c) Farewell write-off.
(d) Truncated write-off.
10. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Amicus brief.
(c) Habeas corpus.
(d) Scandalum magnum.
11. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
(a) Bird sanctuary land.
(b) Orange Groves.
(c) Desert wasteland.
(d) Swamp land.
12. What is the name of the religious group that James Dobson moves to Colorado Springs from Pomona, California?
(a) The Seventh Day Adventists.
(c) Church of the Resurrection.
(d) Focus on the Family.
13. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(d) El Paso.
14. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Industiral Arts Council.
(b) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(d) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
15. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(b) Burger angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
2. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
3. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
4. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
5. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)