|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial franchising fee Ray Kroc charges to open a McDonald's?
2. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Tom Cruise's.
(b) Jimmy Carter's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Donald Trump's.
3. Who comes up with the idea for the Chicken McNugget in 1979?
(a) Cam Robertson.
(b) Fred Turner.
(c) Ray Kroc.
(d) Robert Iger.
4. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Trust easement.
(b) Conservation easement.
(c) Truncated write-off.
(d) Farewell write-off.
5. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The assembly line.
(b) The automobile.
(c) The railway system.
6. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Scandalum magnum.
(b) Habeas corpus.
(c) Amicus brief.
7. What do prospective managers train for at Hamburger University?
(a) Self-Service Science.
(b) A Bachelor's in Fry Science.
(c) A Degree in Hamburgerology.
(d) A Medal of McDonald's.
8. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
(a) Orange Groves.
(b) Swamp land.
(c) Desert wasteland.
(d) Bird sanctuary land.
9. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To stop smoking.
(b) To be able to afford a car.
(c) To stop cursing.
(d) To lose weight.
10. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(b) Foreign land owners.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(d) Small ranchers.
11. Feamster's wife does what for a living?
(a) Is a jazz singer.
(b) Is a schoolteacher.
(c) Owns a McDonald's franchise.
(d) Is his secretary.
12. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
(a) A prune dryer.
(b) A peach pitter.
(c) A sun dryer.
(d) A wind machine.
13. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(a) Peanut oil.
(d) Sessame oil.
14. What is the annual turnover rate in the fast food industry at the writing of this book?
(d) 300 to 400%.
15. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) John Mack Faragher.
(b) Robert H. Vine.
(c) Osha Gray Davidson.
(d) Meredith Ogilby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
2. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
3. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
4. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
5. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)