|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Mary Heidenreich.
(b) Margaret Heinz.
(c) Marcia Stevens.
(d) Jane Mansfield.
2. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
(a) William Rosenberg.
(b) Alvin Donovan.
(c) Seymour Duncan.
(d) John Cage.
3. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
(a) Hamburger coupons.
(c) Sock puppets.
4. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(b) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(c) Internet Child Safety Act.
(d) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
5. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(b) Gift certificates.
6. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) Rainfall pattern changes.
7. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The rage migration".
(b) "The new white flight".
(c) "The white wave".
(d) "The unskilled labor movement".
8. What is phosphate used for in potato farming?
9. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Foreign land owners.
(c) Small ranchers.
(d) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
10. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Sneeze powder.
(b) Fairy dust.
(c) Star granules.
(d) Gold dust.
11. According to the founder of the "Success" seminar, which faith is considered to be hopelessly out of date?
12. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
13. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
(c) Marble golden arches.
(d) A french fry tunnel.
14. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
(a) District 9.
(b) Disctrict 11.
(c) Blue Rocks District.
(d) Red Valley District.
15. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(a) Burger angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
2. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
3. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
4. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
5. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)