|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword: The Meaning of Mad Cow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Sneeze powder.
(b) Gold dust.
(c) Star granules.
(d) Fairy dust.
2. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
(c) 1.5 million.
(d) Twenty million.
3. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
(c) Notre Dame.
4. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Nathan Meeker.
(b) Ken Monfort.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Mike Harper.
5. What do Ray Kroc and Walt Disney join to see battle in Europe in 1917?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army Rangers.
(d) The National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carl's Jr. moves to Colorado Springs, it co-brands its outlets with which company?
2. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
3. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
4. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
5. What has the upheaval caused by fundamental changes that sweep the meat-packing industry come to be known as?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)