* Carl Karcher, the founder of Carl's Jr., moves from Ohio to Anaheim, California.
* Carl works for his uncle Ben at Karcher's Feed and Seed.
* He meets his future wife and starts working for Armstrong Bakery in Los Angeles.
* Southern California becomes the place where the automobile reigns supreme, effectively cutting out railway competition.
* Karcher buys his first hot dog cart with a loan from Bank of America for $311, and a loan from his wife for $15.
* Karcher opens Carl's Drive-In Barbeque in 1945.
* Walt Disney bought 160 acres in Anaheim and started to build Disneyland.
* Robert Schuller founded a Drive-In Church.
* Richard and Maurice McDonald open "McDonald's Famous Hamburgers" in San Bernardino.
* The Speedee Service System, where customers get out of the car and order from an assembly line system, replaces the Drive-In concept.
* Karcher visits McDonald's and decides he needs to adopt the self-service concept for his...
This section contains 2,402 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)