|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first bodybuilder to become Arnold's inspiration?
2. In what two areas does Arnold think Tinnerino can beat him?
3. Who takes up a collection to help Arnold buy a ticket to go to London for the Mr. Universe competition?
4. What is Karl Gerstl's profession?
5. How many poses does Arnold develop in his routine?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a teenager in Graz, what first motivates Arnold to become the "best bodybuilder in the world"?
2. Why does Arnold find it difficult to learn the things he had planned to during the Mr. Universe contest?
3. In Part One, Chapter Four, what event adds stress to Arnold's daily workout routines in Munich?
4. After Arnold enters military service, he leaves his boot camp base without permission in order to compete in the Junior division of the Mr. Europe Junior contest. Describe your reaction to the risk that Arnold took.
5. To what activities does Wag Bennett introduce Arnold during his trip to London?
6. List three things Arnold does to win the Mr. Universe title.
7. What are some of the criticisms leveled at Arnold by others in Graz during this teenage period of his early bodybuilding career?
8. Why is Arnold concerned about an upcoming event with Dennis Tinnerino?
9. What is the result of Arnold's first training attempts at the gym in Graz?
10. Describe Arnold's reactions to his role as trainer at the Munich gym.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Arnold wins the 1970 Mr. Olympia competition in New York, he realizes that bodybuilding can become a vehicle for making money.
Discuss Arnold's motives for deciding to bring bodybuilding to the public and helping them understand the benefits.
At this point of his life, do you think he is being simply materialistic, or he is also being altruistic? Cite examples in the book, and discuss your reasons for your answer.
Essay Topic 2
While working with Wag Bennett in London, Wag tries to teach Arnold the value of using music during posing routines.
Provide your reasons why Arnold is so resistant to the use of music at first.
Given what you know about Arnold's personality and character traits, discuss reasons why Arnold has difficulty practicing his routines with music but is able to be wildly successful at the next event, an exhibition in London.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss two or three things that you personally have learned as a result of reading this book and the class and homework learning experiences.
Explain the importance of what you learned in each case, and why your new knowledge might make you a different or better person as you grow older.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)