|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Arnold become friends in Munich?
2. After Arnold finishes the exhibition tour, what does he believe?
3. What girl is not impressed with Arnold's bodybuilding activities?
4. How old is Arnold when he discovers the sport of bodybuilding?
5. What do Arnold's supporters do when he returns to Munich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arnold feel that he has grown after meeting Reg Park?
2. In Part One, Chapter Two, describe that the reasons that give Arnold satisfaction with bodybuilding as a choice of sport.
3. What is the result of Arnold's first training attempts at the gym in Graz?
4. To what activities does Wag Bennett introduce Arnold during his trip to London?
5. What does Arnold decide to do with his mind during the period when he trains with Franco Columbu?
6. Despite creating his own separate body training routines, careful attention to meals between training sessions, and goals to win two more upcoming competitions, Arnold has feelings of inadequacy. Why do you think this is so?
7. Back in Munich, Arnold begins training with Franco Columbu, doing power lifting. How does this boost Arnold's confidence?
8. Why does Arnold find it difficult to learn the things he had planned to during the Mr. Universe contest?
9. In Part One, Chapter Four, what event adds stress to Arnold's daily workout routines in Munich?
10. In Part One, Chapter Five, what does Arnold promise himself never to do again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his teenage years, Arnold begins to learn what motivates him to succeed in bodybuilding.
Describe the motivating influences that the men at the gym in Graz have on Arnold.
Discuss the importance of the contest as a motivator for him and its effect on his bodybuilding career.
What other motivators emerged during Arnold's teenage years?
Essay Topic 2
While working with Wag Bennett in London, Wag tries to teach Arnold the value of using music during posing routines.
Provide your reasons why Arnold is so resistant to the use of music at first.
Given what you know about Arnold's personality and character traits, discuss reasons why Arnold has difficulty practicing his routines with music but is able to be wildly successful at the next event, an exhibition in London.
Essay Topic 3
During Arnold's compulsory year of Austrian Army service, he considers the situation and then takes a risk to leave the base without permission in order to compete in the Mr. Europe Junior bodybuilding competition.
What factors from Arnold's upbringing and passion for bodybuilding do you think motivate Arnold to take this risk?
Why do you think that Arnold's winning trophy is sufficient to help him endure the seven days of confinement, and what does this say to you about Arnold's internal fortitude?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)