|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight should you use when working out with weights?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 12 pounds.
(d) Enough to make the exercise challenging.
2. How many sets and repetitions should you perform when starting weight training?
(a) Three sets of 8-10 repetitions.
(b) Two sets of 7-9 repetitions.
(c) Three sets of 7-9 repetitions.
(d) Two sets of 8-10 repetitions.
3. On what days in Schwarzenegger's plan do we focus on the back, chest, and shoulders?
(a) Tuesday and Thursday.
(b) Monday and Wednesday.
(c) Sunday and Wednesday.
(d) Tuesday and Friday.
4. In what city does Arnold beat Sergio Oliva in the Mr. World contest?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. The amount of weight in a training program is not as important as is what other element?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only exercise method that develops the body in an even, uniform manner?
2. How much of a rest period should you have between sets in weight training?
3. What additional career is Arnold pursuing in the early 1970's?
4. How can limitations in body type be overcome with respect to bodybuilding?
5. What is exhaled each time resistance is experienced?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter One, what are improvements to the body gained by weight resistance training?
2. What are two general health improvements gained by bodybuilding?
3. What are the goals of accelerated progressive resistance weight training?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Three, what are three considerations when selecting a gym?
5. What muscles are developed by the "Dips between Chairs" exercise in freehand training?
6. What two purposes are served by chin-ups behind the neck and rowing with the bar?
7. What are the three pairs of workout days used with accelerated progressive resistance weight training?
8. List at least three rules to follow once one begins training in a weight training gym.
9. Describe two considerations when choosing the amount of weight with which to train in accelerated progressive resistance weight training.
10. In weightlifting, what process takes forty-eight hours to accomplish?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)