|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many basic exercises are designed for each major muscle group in a progressive resistance workout?
2. On what areas does Schwarzenegger say you concentrate on Mondays and Thursdays in an accelerated training program?
(a) Legs, arms, and waist.
(b) Abdominals, arms, and waist.
(c) Back, chest, and shoulders.
(d) Back, legs, and waist.
3. What exercise is performed on a bench with a padded lever bar at one end?
(a) Lateral raise.
(b) Bench press.
(c) Calf lifts.
4. Where does Arnold work out when he settles in California?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) Gold's Gym.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) The YMCA.
5. What type of squats are recommended during weight training?
(a) Squats with greater weights, and partials, three quarters of the way down.
(b) Full squats with greater weights.
(c) Squats with fewer weights, three quarters of the way down.
(d) Full squats with no weights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months of free weight training are a prerequisite to a progressive resistance weight training program for most people?
2. Whom does Arnold beat in the 1970 NABBA Mr. Universe contest in London?
3. What accelerated training exercises are repeated after flexing and stretching on Wednesday and Saturday?
4. What term represents the experience of feeling blood rushing into the pectoral muscles?
5. What two weight exercises develop the abdominal muscles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several important factors to consider when developing the muscle groups?
2. What are two activities that you should perform prior to a weightlifting workout?
3. What happens when a bodybuilder becomes muscle bound?
4. What are two general health improvements gained by bodybuilding?
5. What is the outcome of the Mr. World contest?
6. In weightlifting, what process takes forty-eight hours to accomplish?
7. What are four of the basic ten progressive resistance weight training exercises?
8. List at least three rules to follow once one begins training in a weight training gym.
9. What muscles are developed by the "Dips between Chairs" exercise in freehand training?
10. In Part One, Chapter Seven, describe the benefits received by Arnold and Joe Weider after Arnold comes to America under Weider's sponsorship.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)