|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many months of freehand exercise can you safely enter a weight training gym?
(a) Two to three months.
(b) One to three months.
(c) Two to six months.
(d) One to four months.
2. In what year does Arnold fall in love with Barbara?
3. Whom does Arnold beat in the 1970 NABBA Mr. Universe contest in London?
(a) Joe Weider.
(b) Sergio Oliva.
(c) Franco Columbu.
(d) Reg Park.
4. In addition to a warm, kind-hearted friend, what other personality trait does Joe Wider display?
(a) An angry competitor.
(b) A mild-mannered worker.
(c) A shrewd businessman.
(d) A salesman.
5. In weight training, what exercise helps you develop a great back?
(a) Rowing with bar.
(b) Lateral raises.
(c) Chin-ups behind the neck.
(d) Press behind neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of exercises do not require gym equipment?
2. In addition to the arms, triceps, biceps, and waist, what other two areas does the Wednesday and Saturday accelerated program target?
3. How should one begin training while letting the mind anticipate more exercise?
4. From what foods do the highest quality proteins originate?
5. What is the worst mistake an individual can make with regard to progressive resistance weight training?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part One, Chapter Seven, describe the benefits received by Arnold and Joe Weider after Arnold comes to America under Weider's sponsorship.
2. In Part Two, Chapter One, what are improvements to the body gained by weight resistance training?
3. What muscles are developed by the "Dips between Chairs" exercise in freehand training?
4. In Part Two, Chapter Five, what factors does Arnold say are influencing the rapid evolution of bodybuilding?
5. What are the goals of accelerated progressive resistance weight training?
6. What muscle groups are worked on Mondays and Thursdays in a weight training program?
7. Why is soreness such an important sign when one is performing weight resistance training?
8. In Part Two, Chapter Two, describe two characteristics of freehand exercises.
9. In Part Two, Chapter Four, what are two key factors that lead to winning bodybuilding competitions?
10. What happens when a bodybuilder becomes muscle bound?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)