|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many basic exercises are designed for each major muscle group in a progressive resistance workout?
2. Where does Arnold work out when he settles in California?
(a) The YWCA.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) Gold's Gym.
3. What is the worst mistake an individual can make with regard to progressive resistance weight training?
(a) To do too much too quickly.
(b) To use old weights.
(c) To alternate weights on different days.
(d) To use the wrong size weights.
4. What additional career is Arnold pursuing in the early 1970's?
5. What health improvement occurs with a bodybuilding exercise program?
(a) A smaller waist size.
(b) Lower cholesterol.
(c) A healthier liver.
(d) Improvement of blood circulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of attitude is critical to success in bodybuilding?
2. In weight training, what exercise helps you develop a great back?
3. What freehand exercise requires a chinning bar?
4. In California, what type of lessons does Arnold take to improve his posing?
5. What is the only exercise method that develops the body in an even, uniform manner?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter Three, what are three considerations when selecting a gym?
2. In Part One, Chapter Seven, describe the benefits received by Arnold and Joe Weider after Arnold comes to America under Weider's sponsorship.
3. What are several important factors to consider when developing the muscle groups?
4. What are the three pairs of workout days used with accelerated progressive resistance weight training?
5. What are four of the basic ten progressive resistance weight training exercises?
6. What are the goals of accelerated progressive resistance weight training?
7. List at least three rules to follow once one begins training in a weight training gym.
8. What is the outcome of the Mr. World contest?
9. What are two activities that you should perform prior to a weightlifting workout?
10. Why is soreness such an important sign when one is performing weight resistance training?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)