|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bourdain realize in Vienne?
2. How does Bourdain find the classes at CIA?
3. What do Bourdain and Dimitri make that causes the guests to have fits of pain?
4. What does Bourdain do while in France with his family?
5. How does Bourdain describe the line cooks in most kitchens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Tom H.
2. What does Bourdain do on his first morning in Tokyo?
3. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Billy's.
4. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Rick's Cafe.
5. What does Bourdain do during the day to get ready for the dinner service?
6. Who is Luis?
7. What new foods does Bourdain eat in France?
8. What are some examples of prerequisites for a chef's preparation, according to Bourdain?
9. Describe the chef of Mario's.
10. What are the best nights to eat out and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what it is like to work in a kitchen, according to Bourdain. What are the types of roles in a kitchen? What is the atmosphere like in the kitchen? What is cook-talk? What type of person is best suited for working in a kitchen environment?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bourdain's use of humor in Kitchen Confidential. How does his use of humor affect the tone of the book? How does it affect the reader's experience? What type of humor does he use?
Essay Topic 3
What is an epiphany? When does Bourdain have an epiphany? How does this affect his life?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)