|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the chef at Mario's described?
2. Bourdain does not understand anyone with a preference for what?
3. Where is Bourdain determined to enroll during the early 1970's?
4. How do Bourdain and Dimitri earn extra money in Provincetown?
5. Bourdain and Bigfoot formed a bond despite what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of prerequisites for a chef's preparation, according to Bourdain?
2. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Tom H.
3. What is the role of the runner and night porter in a restaurant?
4. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Rick's Cafe.
5. What does Bourdain vow because of his experience at The Dreadnaught?
6. Why does Bourdain go to Tokyo in 1999?
7. What does Bourdain do after his experience in France?
8. What does Bourdain do on his first morning in Tokyo?
9. What does Bourdain do while in France?
10. What is Working Progress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the challenges and obstacles that Bourdain faces throughout his career. How does he overcome these obstacles? Do they greatly affect his career?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of Kitchen Confidential. Where does Bourdain realize the power of food? Where does Bourdain go to culinary school? Where does Bourdain work for most of his career? How does the setting affect his career?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what it is like to work in a kitchen, according to Bourdain. What are the types of roles in a kitchen? What is the atmosphere like in the kitchen? What is cook-talk? What type of person is best suited for working in a kitchen environment?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)