|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bourdain's purveyors know not to do?
(a) Bring the products late.
(b) Communicate with the kitchen staff.
(c) Tell competing restaurants about Bourdain's ingredients list.
(d) Bring inferior products into his kitchen.
2. Where is the restaurant Brasserie Les Halles?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
3. How many hours is Bourdain's flight to Tokyo?
(a) Sixteen hours.
(b) Eleven hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Fourteen hours.
4. At what point does Bourdain realize it is time to fire a worker?
(a) When a person becomes a hindrance to the business.
(b) When a person's behavior becomes a detriment to himself or the kitchen.
(c) When a person shows a lack of respect towards Bourdain.
(d) When the person is unable to do his job consistently and professionally.
5. Where did Steve and Adam meet?
(b) New York.
6. What does Bourdain say he is always aware of in "Department of Human Resources"?
(a) The potential impact of his words or actions on the staff.
(b) The importance of maintaining an enjoyable work environment.
(c) How his workers probably feel underpaid and underappreciated.
(d) The long list of administrative work to deal with.
7. What food does Billy's serve?
8. What are crunchies?
(b) Ice cubes.
9. Who is the second most important person in the restaurant after the chef?
(a) The sous-chef.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The customer.
(d) The waiter or waitress.
10. What do Steve and Bourdain have in common?
(a) They both have strict families that view them as disappointments.
(b) They both have irreverence for authority and convention.
(c) They both have a deep respect and love for fine dining.
(d) They both live for adventure and danger.
11. How does Bourdain prepare for his meal for the owner of Coco Pazzo Teatro?
(a) Bourdain seeks advice from the owner himself.
(b) Bourdain creates a signature dish.
(c) Bourdain searches the market for exotic ingredients to wow the owner with.
(d) Bourdain studies the restaurant owner's books.
12. What does weeded mean?
(a) Running behind.
(b) A spoiled entree.
(c) Someone who is high on marijuana.
(d) A crowded restaurant.
13. Besides culinary proficiency, what determines a person's kitchen success?
(a) A person's ability to show up on time and learn quickly.
(b) A person's ability to upstage the chef.
(c) A person's ability to take and give insults.
(d) A person's ability to handle any situation.
14. What is Steve's position at Brasserie Les Halles?
(a) Line cook.
(b) Night porter.
(d) Executive chef.
15. Why does Bourdain keep hiring Steve?
(a) Bourdain has never met anyone as talented as Steve.
(b) Steve tries his best, which is enough for Bourdain.
(c) Steve is the only person that Bourdain feels he can fully trust in a kitchen.
(d) They are comfortable with one another and can both manage any situation in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bourdain's position at Brasserie Les Halles?
2. What area of New York City is Tom H found?
3. What position does the chef of Le Madri give Bourdain?
4. What was the dream of Tom and Fred of Tom H?
5. What do Bourdain and the first person he hires at Coco Pazzo do?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)