|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience does Bourdain detest?
(a) Working in New York City.
(b) Working for the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's.
(c) Working long hours at a new restaurant.
(d) Working at a restaurant in Baltimore.
2. What disturbing memory does Bourdain remember about a chef colleague in "Department of Human Resources"?
(a) His chef colleague was fired for losing his temper at a new sous-chef.
(b) His chef colleague fired a cook and the cook hung himself later that day.
(c) His chef colleague cut his thumb off while working and could not work again.
(d) His chef colleague burned his arms and feet when a vat of boiling water fell on him.
3. What does floor or scum refer to?
(b) The customers in a restaurant.
(c) The floor personnel.
(d) The leftovers.
4. What sort of cuisine does Let's-Call-It-Gino's serve?
(a) Northern Italian cuisine.
(b) Latin American cuisine.
(c) Home-style American cuisine.
(d) Sicilian cuisine.
5. What is a Queez?
(a) The sous-chef.
(b) A Cuisinart food processor.
(c) An irate customer.
(d) A restaurant critic.
6. What is the name of Bourdain's boss in Tokyo?
7. When does Bourdain go to Tokyo for Les Halles?
8. What does Bourdain admit about the kitchen environment?
(a) It is a place for men to bond.
(b) It is a playground with knives.
(c) It is the dirtiest place in the restaurant, including the bathroom.
(d) It is not suitable for everyone, especially women.
9. How many days a week does Bourdain work at Coco Pazzo Teatro?
(b) One or two.
10. What does the owner of Billy's tell Bourdain to do?
(a) Fire anyone wearing gold chains, jewelry, and tattoos.
(b) Search everyone that enters the restaurant.
(c) Sing happy birthday to celebrating customers.
(d) Reuse the customer's leftovers.
11. How old is Bourdain when he lands a job at Tom H?
(a) Twenty-two years old.
(b) Twenty-four years old.
(c) Twenty-seven years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
12. What does Bourdain imagine that Adam has none of in "Adam Real-Last-Name-Unknown"?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Cab fare.
13. What is Bourdain's position at Brasserie Les Halles?
(a) Executive chef.
(c) Line cook.
14. What time does Adam call Bourdain in "Adam Real-Last-Name-Unknown"?
15. What do runners do?
(a) Help deliver food and provide surveillance for the chef.
(b) Purchase ingredients at the markets.
(c) Do small tasks in the kitchen for the chef.
(d) Clean the floors and counters in the restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bourdain earned a reputation for?
2. What was the dream of Tom and Fred of Tom H?
3. What does Bourdain prepare for the owner of Coco Pazzo Teatro?
4. Where did Steve and Adam meet?
5. What does Bourdain say he is always aware of in "Department of Human Resources"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)