|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bourdain tolerate Steve and Adam's juvenile antics?
(a) Bourdain is short-staffed.
(b) Bourdain has a close bond with them.
(c) Bourdain has a soft heart.
(d) Both men are exceptional cooks.
2. What do Bourdain and the first person he hires at Coco Pazzo do?
(a) Create a signature dish.
(b) Host a party to celebrate.
(c) Hire other cooks they have worked with from other kitchens.
(d) Change the menu to their tastes.
3. What does Bourdain call Steven's friend?
(a) Adam What's-His-Name.
(b) Adam No-Name.
(c) Adam No-Real-Last-Name.
(d) Adam Real-Last-Name Unknown.
4. What food does Billy's serve?
5. What experience does Bourdain detest?
(a) Working for the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's.
(b) Working long hours at a new restaurant.
(c) Working at a restaurant in Baltimore.
(d) Working in New York City.
6. What does Bourdain admit about the kitchen environment?
(a) It is a place for men to bond.
(b) It is the dirtiest place in the restaurant, including the bathroom.
(c) It is a playground with knives.
(d) It is not suitable for everyone, especially women.
7. What are crunchies?
(b) Ice cubes.
8. Who is the chef at Le Madri?
(a) Gianni Scappin.
(b) Larry Smith.
(c) Francoise Leduc.
(d) Antonio Lopez.
9. What does Bourdain say he is always aware of in "Department of Human Resources"?
(a) The potential impact of his words or actions on the staff.
(b) How his workers probably feel underpaid and underappreciated.
(c) The long list of administrative work to deal with.
(d) The importance of maintaining an enjoyable work environment.
10. What was the dream of Tom and Fred of Tom H?
(a) To make their customers smile.
(b) To open up a restaurant in every borough of the city.
(c) To serve their grandmothers' chicken parm recipe.
(d) To convert a brownstone and serve meatloaf to celebrities.
11. What does the art form of cook-talk have that is known to all who work in kitchens?
(a) A relaxed set of rules.
(b) An illogical set of rules.
(c) A rigid set of rules.
(d) A formal set of rules.
12. When Adam calls Bourdain telling him "she'll die" what is he referring to?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The bread dough starter.
(c) Adam's car.
(d) The oven.
13. Whom does Bourdain hire as his sous chef at Coco Pazzo Teatro?
14. Why does Bourdain keep hiring Steve?
(a) Bourdain has never met anyone as talented as Steve.
(b) Steve is the only person that Bourdain feels he can fully trust in a kitchen.
(c) They are comfortable with one another and can both manage any situation in the kitchen.
(d) Steve tries his best, which is enough for Bourdain.
15. What does the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's go to jail for?
(c) Tax evasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bourdain resign from Coco Pazzo Teatro?
2. Which chef does Bourdain consider the best?
3. What is the name of the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's?
4. How many hours does Bourdain work at Coco Pazzo Teatro a day?
5. What sort of cuisine does Let's-Call-It-Gino's serve?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)