|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Food is Sex and Food is Pain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bourdain feel about the chef at the restaurant, Mario's?
(a) Bourdain despises him.
(b) Bourdain is in awe of him.
(c) Bourdain feels he is talentless.
(d) Bourdain respects him.
2. Whom does Bourdain acknowledge?
(a) Those whose talents and credentials supersede his own.
(b) His publishers and agents.
(c) The professors and teachers at his culinary school.
(d) His wife and parents.
3. What does Bourdain do while in France with his family?
(a) Visits the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower.
(b) Visits a number of vineyards.
(c) Explores the beaches of Normandy.
(d) Tests the food in Paris' cafes.
4. What does Bourdain admit from the get-go?
(a) He is not the best chef.
(b) He is a novice at cooking.
(c) He does not really enjoy being a chef.
(d) Being a chef can be mind-numbingly boring.
5. How is the chef at Mario's described?
(a) As the worst chef in the area.
(b) As the best chef in the area.
(c) As the most hard-working chef in the business.
(d) As a difficult chef to work with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bourdain fish for with the local fishing expert in France?
2. What does Bourdain learn from Bobby, the chef at his summer job?
3. What is the name of the boiler man at Bourdain's summer job?
4. When does Bourdain's love affair with food start?
5. Where does Bourdain's love affair with food start?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)