|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Few therapists, according to Stern, believe the idea of the ________ has any special significance in development.
2. Experimenters believe that ________ affects and vitality affects are attuned to, but perhaps primarily, vitality affects.
3. What is NOT one of the three different qualities that can be matched in the process of affect attunement?
(d) Shape of behavior.
4. Stern thinks that more prospective ______ that test hypotheses that age-specific insults will predict later pathology in specific domains are needed.
5. __________ theory has also given intense emotional states an important organizing role, according to Stern's research.
6. Children can begin to see themselves in a mirror, showing that they can now begin to see themselves ___________.
7. _________ of sense of self also help to identify a helpful narrative point of origin for the therapist when working with a client.
8. The process of ___________ and separation is not stage-specific but is ongoing throughout a life, as the self/other barrier is always being negotiated.
9. With language, the self and the ________ can now relate in an enormous number of ways and with shared varied meanings.
10. The experience of the answer in #140 might be felt as the dissolution of the core sense of ________.
11. The interpersonal ______ created by attunement is crucial for helping an infant realize that internal feeling states can be shared with others.
12. ________ affects are those affects which can be communicated through art and through behavior.
13. The period of __________ of each sense of self is probably a sensitive period and should be focused on in therapy, according to Stern.
14. Stern seeks to describe the development of the infant's sense of __________ in this book.
15. Stern begins to discuss how the client and patient should reconstruct an effective _________ about the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ in theories of developmental origin, according to Stern, should be maintained.
2. Non-__________ is a situation in which the infant is unable to engage in an attunement of affect, as in the case of being around a mentally unstable person.
3. Stern presents a notion of _______ sense of self which helps to develop a therapeutic metaphor because feelings can be turned into particulars which can then allow even closer analysis.
4. The attunements between a mother and a child can be cross-__________, or crossing many different sensory practices.
5. Experimenters have found that the attunement process often occurs beyond ___________, as found from speaking with and researching mothers.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)