|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stern's developmental approach is seen to mirror most closely that of Mahler and ______.
2. The subjective self is the part of development which occurs when an infant finds they have a ________ and that others do as well.
3. Integration is experiences as an episodic ___________, according to Stern in his writing.
4. There have been several revolutions in _______ that have enabled the formation of new experimental paradigms.
(a) Filtering information.
(b) Distributing information.
(c) Collecting information.
(d) Disseminating information.
5. The ________, however, needs a sense of self-coherence in order to make sense of the senses of self-agency.
6. Experiences of being with an other are active acts of _________ which come about due to the active integration process.
7. The infant, at this stage, becomes capable of ____________ intimacy and thus the parental socialization becomes a more important issue.
8. The infant is actually embedded within a social _______ which is the consequence of the actions of others, according to the author.
9. According to the book new _______ has opened doors for acquiring new information and generating new theories.
(b) Social orders.
10. Infants begin to learn that they can share subjective ________ with others and they begin to develop a working theory of how other minds work.
11. From birth to two months of age, the _____ is employed to relate diverse experiences, affects, perceptions and events.
(a) Sense of an divergent self.
(b) Sense of a constricted self.
(c) Sense of an emergent self.
(d) Sense of an indulgent self.
12. Self-coherence integrates the unity of _________, the experience of being at a place at a certain time.
13. During the phase characterized by a sense of subjective self, infants can utilize all of the following capacities except ______.
(a) Sharing attention.
(c) Attributing intentions.
(d) Employing symbols.
14. Stern asserts that the sense of self is certainly present following language use and ______ awareness.
15. According to the book, infants seek ______ and have innate biases about the kinds and amount they seek.
(a) Sensory perception.
(b) Sensory stimulation.
(c) Sensory deprivation.
(d) Sensory blockade.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ of RIGs becomes a representation that is assigned a set of retrieval cues, according to the author.
2. The infant begins to see themselves as __________, just as the infant begins to see others around them.
3. According to Stern, the sense of the emergent self has ______ main parts that participate.
4. The domain of intersubjective relatedness arises from something called _______ attunement, according to Stern.
5. Stern asserts that the process of subjectively experiencing social interactions requires _____ senses of self.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)