|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 5, The Sense of a Core Self, II, Self with Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ are formed as a result of the repeat events, of the repeat lived experiences that infants experience.
2. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
(c) Eye to eye.
3. This section describes the main objectives of the book and includes all of the following topics except ______.
(a) How infants perceive objects.
(b) Whether infants have a sense of self.
(c) How infants multiply experience.
(d) How infants unify experience.
4. Although this stage is secondary, the development of the self is thought to _______.
(a) Occur within this stage.
(b) Be unrelated.
(c) Occur later in development.
(d) Have occured much earlier.
5. Integration is experiences as an episodic ___________, according to Stern in his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. From 6-9 months of age, infants begin to consolidate a core sense of self that is no longer ______.
2. At ______ of age infants seem to sense that they have an interior subjective life and that others do as well.
3. The ________, however, needs a sense of self-coherence in order to make sense of the senses of self-agency.
4. Infants in the emergent self stage have a disposition to create and test ______ about the world.
5. During the phase characterized by a sense of subjective self, infants can utilize all of the following capacities except ______.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)