|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 5, The Sense of a Core Self, II, Self with Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, recent research indicates that the infant is capable of having a sense of self and ______.
2. The sense of core-self requires self-__________ because otherwise the sense of the core-self would evaporate with each new event.
3. During the sense of a core self stage, the infant has a more wholly integrated mode of _______.
(a) Mental interaction.
(b) Scholastic interaction.
(c) Social interaction.
(d) Physical interaction.
4. According to the book the infant does not see the world in terms of separate domains, it is experienced as ______.
5. New stages of development create _____ senses of self such as with newly acquired behaviors and capabilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stern asserts that there are some elements of the sense of self that exist prior to language use including all of the following except ______.
2. During the phase characterized by a sense of subjective self, infants can utilize all of the following capacities except ______.
3. The third organizing perspective produces a ______ during which time language points to knowledge of self.
4. One of the major parts of the emergent self has to do with _______ drawn between particular experiences.
5. The infant begins to see themselves as __________, just as the infant begins to see others around them.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)