|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 5, The Sense of a Core Self, II, Self with Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stern asserts that the sense of self is certainly present following language use and ______ awareness.
2. When capacities mature in infants, there is a _______ according to organizing subjective perspectives.
(a) Social leap.
(b) Inter-subjective leap.
(c) Mental leap.
(d) Physical leap.
3. The observed infant consists of the ________ that the infant demonstrates while under observation.
(c) Subjective experiences.
4. The sense of self-______ contains the sense of volition that comes before a motor act, according to the book.
5. An evoked companion becomes so ________ into experience, over time, that it need not be evoked anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. The infant begins to see themselves as __________, just as the infant begins to see others around them.
2. There is little evidence showing that psychological insults and ______ at one age predict later clinical problems.
3. According to the book, psychoanalysis is a _______ theory that is used to acquire information about patients.
4. There are many forms of the self including all of the following except _______.
5. Clinical and parental view tend to converge in believing the child has an active subjective life including ______.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)