|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of the Self, Chapter 3, The Sense of an Emergent Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From birth to two months of age, the _____ is employed to relate diverse experiences, affects, perceptions and events.
(a) Sense of an indulgent self.
(b) Sense of an emergent self.
(c) Sense of a constricted self.
(d) Sense of an divergent self.
2. The child experiences organization through two forms, _______ perception and constructionistic efforts.
3. There is little evidence showing that psychological insults and ______ at one age predict later clinical problems.
4. According to the book the author is both a psychoanalyst and a _______, one who studies child development.
5. According to the book, there are several senses associated with the self, some found ______, others are not.
(a) Outside of the body.
(b) In a valley.
(c) Outside of awareness.
(d) Inside the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ is developed when self and others acquire subjective mental states that can be recognized by the infant.
2. The term _______ emergence is used as a way to think about how the infant at this stage experiences the world.
3. Stern describes several realms of experience without making any of them primary including all of the following except ______.
4. Stern's developmental approach is seen to mirror most closely that of Mahler and ______.
5. According to the book, the ______ infant was thought to be connected to the social world.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)