|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of the Self, Chapter 3, The Sense of an Emergent Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, there are several senses associated with the self, some found ______, others are not.
(a) Inside the body.
(b) In a valley.
(c) Outside of awareness.
(d) Outside of the body.
2. This section describes the main objectives of the book and includes all of the following topics except ______.
(a) How infants perceive objects.
(b) How infants unify experience.
(c) Whether infants have a sense of self.
(d) How infants multiply experience.
3. Constructionistic efforts are rooted in all of the following elements except ________.
4. According to the book, Stern explores the nature of the infant's experience through the study of the ______.
5. According to the book the infant does not see the world in terms of separate domains, it is experienced as ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. At ______ of age infants seem to sense that they have an interior subjective life and that others do as well.
2. Stern's developmental approach is seen to mirror most closely that of Mahler and ______.
3. Psychological theories are based on hypotheses about the subject's ______ experience, which is otherwise unknowable.
4. Clinical and parental view tend to converge in believing the child has an active subjective life including ______.
5. There is some debate about how the elements in question 10 relate to the sense of self including all of the following ideas except _______.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)