|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Some Clinical Implications, Chapter 10, Some Implications for the Theories Behind Therapeutic Reconstructions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The developmentalist picture helps to account for the lack of differentiation of experience including ______.
(a) Confused social events.
(b) Problems digesting food.
(c) Integrated social events.
(d) Disturbed sleep patterns.
2. The self with the other is a _________ experience, including merging, fusings, security gratification, and more, according to the author.
3. According to the book, Stern explores the nature of the infant's experience through the study of the ______.
4. The subjective self is the part of development which occurs when an infant finds they have a ________ and that others do as well.
5. According to the book, there are several senses associated with the self, some found ______, others are not.
(a) Outside of awareness.
(b) Inside the body.
(c) Outside of the body.
(d) In a valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ of RIGs becomes a representation that is assigned a set of retrieval cues, according to the author.
2. At this stage of development, infants become emotionally responsive to the perceptions of the _________ states of others.
3. Stern thinks of the infant's subjective viewpoint as that of the _________ and the solitary self and the other.
4. According to the book, infants seek ______ and have innate biases about the kinds and amount they seek.
5. Stern asserts that the sense of self is certainly present following language use and ______ awareness.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)