|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 4, The Sense of a Core Self, I, Self versus Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first eight weeks of life, Stern believes that infants form a sense of a/an ______ self.
2. Hypothesizing about infant experience requires the use of an unobserved "_____ quality" in order to make an inference.
3. _________ involves the recall or recognition of invariants for the infant, according to the research.
4. _______ is developed when self and others acquire subjective mental states that can be recognized by the infant.
(a) Objective relatedness.
(b) Subjective relatedness.
(c) Intrasubjective relatedness.
(d) Intersubjective relatedness.
5. Self-___________ involves the sense of self that experiences affects and emotions, according to the author's findings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sense of self-______ contains the sense of volition that comes before a motor act, according to the book.
2. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
3. According to the book new _______ has opened doors for acquiring new information and generating new theories.
4. According to the book, infants seek ______ and have innate biases about the kinds and amount they seek.
5. The child experiences organization through two forms, _______ perception and constructionistic efforts.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)