|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 4, The Sense of a Core Self, I, Self versus Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, recent research indicates that the infant is capable of having a sense of self and ______.
2. According to the book the infant does not see the world in terms of separate domains, it is experienced as ______.
3. _________ involves the recall or recognition of invariants for the infant, according to the research.
4. Self-coherence integrates the unity of _________, the experience of being at a place at a certain time.
5. Although this stage is secondary, the development of the self is thought to _______.
(a) Occur later in development.
(b) Occur within this stage.
(c) Have occured much earlier.
(d) Be unrelated.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book new _______ has opened doors for acquiring new information and generating new theories.
2. During the sense of a core self stage, the infant has a more wholly integrated mode of _______.
3. From birth to two months of age, the _____ is employed to relate diverse experiences, affects, perceptions and events.
4. This section describes the main objectives of the book and includes all of the following topics except ______.
5. Psychological theories are based on hypotheses about the subject's ______ experience, which is otherwise unknowable.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)