|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 4, The Sense of a Core Self, I, Self versus Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sense of core-self requires self-__________ because otherwise the sense of the core-self would evaporate with each new event.
2. Stern asserts that there are some elements of the sense of self that exist prior to language use including all of the following except ______.
(a) Temporary continuity.
(b) Sense of agency.
(c) Physical cohesion.
(d) Permanent continuity.
3. According to the book, psychoanalysis is a _______ theory that is used to acquire information about patients.
(a) Clinical psychological.
(b) Clinical medical.
(c) Clinical sociological.
(d) Clinical biological.
4. The physical self or _______, is experienced as coherent, willful, and a physical entity relying on interpersonal capacities.
(a) Experiential sense of self.
(b) Sense of a subjective self.
(c) Residual sense of self.
(d) Platonic sense of self.
5. According to the book, there are several senses associated with the self, some found ______, others are not.
(a) Outside of the body.
(b) In a valley.
(c) Outside of awareness.
(d) Inside the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term _______ emergence is used as a way to think about how the infant at this stage experiences the world.
2. During the sense of a core self stage, the infant has a more wholly integrated mode of _______.
3. According to the book, Stern focuses on the sense of self because it can generate a/an ________ pattern of awareness.
4. ________ is the idea that the infant's self concept is created by or at least altered by the narrative that she receives.
5. There are many forms of the self including all of the following except _______.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)