|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 4, The Sense of a Core Self, I, Self versus Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, Stern focuses on the sense of self because it can generate a/an ________ pattern of awareness.
2. The first sense of a self created in the first 8 weeks will remain active for _______.
(a) The first ten years of life.
(b) The first year of life.
(c) The rest of life.
(d) The first twenty years of life.
3. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
(d) Eye to eye.
4. _________ involves the recall or recognition of invariants for the infant, according to the research.
5. Freud hypothesized several developmental stages including all of the following except ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stern asserts that the sense of self is certainly present following language use and ______ awareness.
2. In the first eight weeks of life, Stern believes that infants form a sense of a/an ______ self.
3. The book claims that subjective infant experience can be ascertained through the study of ______.
4. The observed infant consists of the ________ that the infant demonstrates while under observation.
5. New stages of development create _____ senses of self such as with newly acquired behaviors and capabilities.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)