|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 7, The Sense of a Subjective Self, II, Affect Attunement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Infants in the emergent self stage have a disposition to create and test ______ about the world.
2. Hypothesizing about infant experience requires the use of an unobserved "_____ quality" in order to make an inference.
3. During the phase characterized by a sense of subjective self, infants can utilize all of the following capacities except ______.
(a) Sharing attention.
(b) Employing symbols.
(c) Attributing intentions.
4. Infants begin to utilize various means in order to shift _______ and thus to create shared experiences, according to the author.
5. According to the book, recent research indicates that the infant is capable of having a sense of self and ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________, however, needs a sense of self-coherence in order to make sense of the senses of self-agency.
2. One of the major parts of the emergent self has to do with _______ drawn between particular experiences.
3. The sense of a core self is thought to consist of many aspects including all of the following except ______.
4. Stern asserts that infants in the emergent stage have _______ and cognitive processes that are not easily separated.
5. Experiments suggest that episodes are representations of __________ that have been generalized, or RIGs.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)