|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 7, The Sense of a Subjective Self, II, Affect Attunement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book the infant does not see the world in terms of separate domains, it is experienced as ______.
2. Self-___________ involves the sense of self that experiences affects and emotions, according to the author's findings.
3. _______ is not experienced by the infant, only experiences and the integration of experiences.
4. There have been several revolutions in _______ that have enabled the formation of new experimental paradigms.
(a) Distributing information.
(b) Collecting information.
(c) Filtering information.
(d) Disseminating information.
5. The _________ self begins to establish a theory of self and others' subjective stages on top of their own development.
Short Answer Questions
1. Experimenters believe that ________ affects and vitality affects are attuned to, but perhaps primarily, vitality affects.
2. Stern states that affect attunement is a form of __________, rather than something else entirely.
3. The book states that affect attunement might truly have something to do with a process of ____________, which many mothers appear to be able to do.
4. The developmentalist picture helps to account for the lack of differentiation of experience including ______.
5. According to the book, recent research indicates that the infant is capable of having a sense of self and ______.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)