|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 7, The Sense of a Subjective Self, II, Affect Attunement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From birth to two months of age, the _____ is employed to relate diverse experiences, affects, perceptions and events.
(a) Sense of an indulgent self.
(b) Sense of an emergent self.
(c) Sense of an divergent self.
(d) Sense of a constricted self.
2. The book mentions several maturational tasks that must be adapted to include all of the following except ______.
(a) Physiological dis-regulation.
(b) Environmental regulation.
(c) Social exchange.
(d) Physiological regulation.
3. The attunements between a mother and a child can be cross-__________, or crossing many different sensory practices.
4. Experimenters believe that ________ affects and vitality affects are attuned to, but perhaps primarily, vitality affects.
5. Stern believes the _______ to have intersubjectivity is something that must develop as a result of maturation.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the primary objectives of the core self stage is to develop a/an ________ world so the infant can interact.
2. The third organizing perspective produces a ______ during which time language points to knowledge of self.
3. Freud hypothesized several developmental stages including all of the following except ______.
4. Stern sees the sharing of ________ states as the most important and the most clinically observable aspect of intersubjective relatedness.
5. Stern's developmental approach is seen to mirror most closely that of Mahler and ______.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)