|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 7, The Sense of a Subjective Self, II, Affect Attunement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Attunement is often seen as a stepping stone to __________, according to some researchers.
2. Primary psychological needs for __________, according to Stern, may also play a role in the emergence of intersubjectivity.
3. Experimenters believe that ________ affects and vitality affects are attuned to, but perhaps primarily, vitality affects.
4. _________ are often shared around infants as well through protolinguistic forms, according to Stern.
5. Although this stage is secondary, the development of the self is thought to _______.
(a) Occur later in development.
(b) Have occured much earlier.
(c) Be unrelated.
(d) Occur within this stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stern, the sense of the emergent self has ______ main parts that participate.
2. Stern asserts that infants in the emergent stage have _______ and cognitive processes that are not easily separated.
3. There have been several revolutions in _______ that have enabled the formation of new experimental paradigms.
4. When capacities mature in infants, there is a _______ according to organizing subjective perspectives.
5. Freud hypothesized several developmental stages including all of the following except ______.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)