|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Some Clinical Implications, Chapter 9, The.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One indicator that might show possible future dangers for a core sense of self might be whether the infant's tolerance for ___________ is high.
2. The experience of the answer in #140 might be felt as the dissolution of the core sense of ________.
3. The sense of a core self is built out of patterns of __________ which maintain themselves in an equilibrium that becomes a sense of self.
4. Infants in the emergent self stage have a disposition to create and test ______ about the world.
5. The subjective self is the part of development which occurs when an infant finds they have a ________ and that others do as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first eight weeks of life, Stern believes that infants form a sense of a/an ______ self.
2. Stern describes several realms of experience without making any of them primary including all of the following except ______.
3. When the interpersonal world changes, the experience of __________ becomes possible for the infant.
4. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
5. Non-__________ is a situation in which the infant is unable to engage in an attunement of affect, as in the case of being around a mentally unstable person.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)