|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What groups comprise large family units, which for the most part, have now disbanded?
(a) Parents, children, grandparents, and great grandparents.
(b) Parents, children, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
(c) Parents, children, and grandparents.
(d) Parents, children, grandparents, and aunts.
2. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
(a) Seeds and awareness.
(b) Planting and harvesting.
(c) Mindfulness and manifestation.
(d) Seeds and their manifestation.
3. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
(c) Mindful living.
4. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
5. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
3. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
4. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
5. What is the Buddhist term for understanding completely?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)