|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Nurture the anger.
(b) Examine the source.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Observe mindfully.
2. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
(a) The Rhine River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Charles River.
(d) The Nile River.
3. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
4. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
(a) One quarter of a million.
(b) One half of a million.
(c) Infinitely many.
(d) One million.
5. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
(b) Understanding why another is suffering.
(c) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(d) Offering to help in another's suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Realistically, who can benefit from an individual's mindful living?
3. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
4. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
5. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)