|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
2. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
(a) The suffering masses.
3. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
(a) The mother.
(b) The reader.
(d) The crying child.
4. What are the fruits of meditation?
(a) Peace, joy, and clarity.
(b) Clarity, determination, and patience.
(c) Clarity, determination, and peace.
(d) Mindfulness, clarity, and patience.
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
(a) One quarter of a million.
(b) One million.
(c) Infinitely many.
(d) One half of a million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
2. Why is living in the present essential after experiencing negative feelings?
3. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
4. What becomes of a beautiful cut rose after it dies?
5. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)