|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facilities for gatherings does Hanh recommend for replacing the large family units?
(a) Public gardens.
(b) Community libraries.
(c) Community centers.
(d) Large churches.
2. For whom should one feel compassion?
(a) Only those who do not cause us to suffer.
(b) Only those who suffer.
(c) Those who suffer and those who cause us to suffer.
(d) Only those who are truly grateful.
3. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
(a) Infinitely many.
4. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
(b) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
(c) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(d) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
5. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
(a) Feeling the intensity of another's suffering.
(b) Offering to help in another's suffering.
(c) Understanding why another is suffering.
(d) The ability to remove suffering from another person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
2. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. What happens when one mindfully recognizes anger?
5. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)