|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these dissolves anger?
2. What gift does holding a grandchild give to the grandparent?
(b) Great joy.
3. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
(a) The parents were only disciplining the child.
(b) The parents were not living in mindfulness.
(c) The child misunderstood discipline for abuse.
(d) The parents themselves were abused.
4. According to Hanh's "Nourishing of Healthy Seeds", what are the two levels of consciousness?
(a) Seeds and awareness.
(b) Planting and harvesting.
(c) Mindfulness and manifestation.
(d) Seeds and their manifestation.
5. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
(a) It becomes more intense.
(b) It is negated.
(c) It subsides completely.
(d) It subsides temporarily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
2. For whom should one feel compassion?
3. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
4. What is Hanh's definition of compassion?
5. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)