|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(b) The Eucharist.
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates instability.
(b) It creates fear.
(c) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
3. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(b) Real life.
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(b) Breathing and smiling.
(c) Saying grace and smiling.
(d) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Money, food, and shelter.
(b) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(c) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(d) Health, religion, and altruism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gethsemani?
2. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
3. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
5. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)