|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Studying the classics.
(b) Smiling at others.
(c) Practicing mindfulness.
(d) Greeting others.
2. What does Hanh compare to windows?
3. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
4. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(b) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(c) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(d) To reflect on the past.
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A car buzzer.
(b) A telephone ring.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A falling leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
2. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
5. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)