|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
(b) Purification throughout the day.
(c) Purification during meditation.
(d) Purification during stressful times.
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) Stop signs.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(b) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(c) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(d) Clean dishes and mindful living.
4. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Practicing mindfulness.
(b) Smiling at others.
(c) Greeting others.
(d) Studying the classics.
5. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(b) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(c) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(d) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
2. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
3. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
4. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
5. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)