|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(c) Real life.
2. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(b) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(c) Academic journals.
(d) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Yield sign.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) Car horn.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
4. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Breathe consciously and smile.
(b) Breathe consciously and pause.
(c) Smile and recite a mantra.
(d) Envision the person one is calling.
5. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(b) Meditations and bells.
(c) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
3. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
4. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
5. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)