|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Car horn.
(c) Train tracks.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) Robert McNamara.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
3. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
4. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) Another monk.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The rose.
(b) A chirping bird.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) A dandelion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enables one to become a real person?
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
4. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
5. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)