|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
(c) Respect for others.
(d) Conscious breathing.
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(b) Meditations and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes and bells.
(d) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
3. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
4. What is essential to productivity?
(a) Quick thinking.
(b) Nimble body movements.
(d) Linking the mind and body.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
2. Who smiles at the flower?
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
4. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
5. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)