|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) A chirping bird.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) The rose.
(d) The sunshine.
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
4. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(d) Real life.
5. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(d) The Eucharist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gethsemani?
2. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
3. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
4. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
5. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)