|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of reminders.
(b) Life's handbook for peace.
(c) Book of peace.
(d) Joyful book art.
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates instability.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(d) It creates fear.
4. What is Gethsemani?
(a) A sacred rock.
(b) A monastery.
(c) An isolated forest.
(d) A college.
5. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
2. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)