|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(c) Constant activity.
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The rose.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) A chirping bird.
(d) The sunshine.
3. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The half-lotus.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) Car horn.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
5. Who smiles at the flower?
(a) Another monk.
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
3. What does Hanh compare to windows?
4. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
5. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)