|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates instability.
(b) It creates fear.
(c) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(d) It creates loneliness and desperation.
2. According to Hanh, what items should be in a family meditation room?
(a) Cushions, a candle, and a bell.
(b) Cushions and a vase of flowers.
(c) Cushions and a bell.
(d) Cushions, a bell, and a vase of flowers.
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Book of peace.
(b) Book of reminders.
(c) Joyful book art.
(d) Life's handbook for peace.
5. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
2. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)