|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(b) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(c) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
2. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To enjoy nature.
(b) To maintain the car.
(c) To escape oneself.
(d) To quiet the bells.
3. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The half-lotus.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The Phoenix.
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(b) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
5. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Meditating and mindful living.
(b) Conscious living and breathing.
(c) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
2. What is the goal of meditation?
3. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
4. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
5. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)