|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
2. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) The book's author.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Yield sign.
(c) Stop sign.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
4. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Recite a mantra.
(b) Count to ten.
(c) Clear their throat.
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Health, religion, and altruism.
(c) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(d) Money, food, and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
2. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)