|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during meditation.
(b) Purification throughout the day.
(c) Purification during stressful times.
(d) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Train tracks.
(b) Stop signs.
(c) Car horn.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
3. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Western China.
(b) Central Vietnam.
(c) New York City.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
4. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
5. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) As a panacea.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) An a sleep aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who smiles at the flower?
2. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
3. Who/what is one never able to escape?
4. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
5. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)