|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Robert McNamara.
3. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a panacea.
(b) As a health remedy.
(c) As an escape from problems.
(d) An a sleep aid.
4. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Life's handbook for peace.
(b) Joyful book art.
(c) Book of peace.
(d) Book of reminders.
5. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who smiles at Buddha?
2. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
3. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
4. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)