|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(b) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(c) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(d) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
2. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To reflect on the past.
(b) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(c) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(d) To ask a friend to read along, too.
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A world leader.
(c) A Catholic monk.
(d) A social advocate.
4. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Meditating and mindful living.
(b) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(c) Conscious living and breathing.
(d) Conscious breathing and meditating.
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Money, food, and shelter.
(b) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(c) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(d) Health, religion, and altruism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
2. Where is Gethsemani?
3. What enables one to become a real person?
4. What does Hanh compare to windows?
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)