|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Western China.
(b) Central Vietnam.
(c) New York City.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Patience and kindness.
(b) Peace and happiness.
(c) Contentment and security.
(d) Love and health.
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At birth.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At death.
5. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(a) The book's author.
(d) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
2. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
3. What is the goal of meditation?
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
5. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)