|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(b) Meditations and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
2. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(b) Recite a mantra.
(c) Count to ten.
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In nature.
(b) Within oneself.
(c) In the present moment.
(d) While driving.
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His belief in isolationism.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To quiet the bells.
(b) To escape oneself.
(c) To enjoy nature.
(d) To maintain the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gethsemani?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
4. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)