|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Patience and kindness.
(b) Love and health.
(c) Peace and happiness.
(d) Contentment and security.
2. What group might react strongly to Hanh's views on hope?
3. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) As a panacea.
(c) An a sleep aid.
(d) As a health remedy.
4. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Money, food, and shelter.
(c) Health, religion, and altruism.
(d) Love, compassion, and altruism.
5. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during stressful times.
(b) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
(c) Purification during meditation.
(d) Purification throughout the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
2. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
3. What is essential to productivity?
4. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)