|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes and bells.
(b) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(c) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(d) Meditations and bells.
2. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) No one.
(c) The book's author.
3. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
(a) His rest periods.
(b) His voice.
(c) His breathing.
(d) His thoughts.
4. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Anxiety and sorrow.
(b) Love and friendship.
(c) Hatred and despair.
(d) Peace and joy.
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To enjoy nature.
(b) To quiet the bells.
(c) To escape oneself.
(d) To maintain the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
2. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
3. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
4. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)