|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
2. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(c) One's self.
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To enjoy bells.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
4. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) An a sleep aid.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) As a panacea.
5. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In the present moment.
(b) Within oneself.
(c) While driving.
(d) In nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
2. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)