|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Sweet Potato.
(b) Left Bank.
(c) Le Casserole.
(d) Sweet Pears.
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The ashante.
(d) The full lotus.
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) A positive attitude evolves.
(b) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(c) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(d) Problems seem less worrisome.
4. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to be happy now.
(b) A chance to eradicate the past.
(c) A chance to clear the mind.
(d) A chance to be happy in the future.
5. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(b) The red light causes the driver to think.
(c) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(d) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
2. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
4. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)