|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A speed limit sign.
(c) A yield sign.
(d) A red light.
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(d) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(b) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(c) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(d) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
4. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The soul and body.
(b) The mind and body.
(c) The mind and emotions.
(d) The mind and soul.
5. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) Within oneself.
(b) While driving.
(c) In nature.
(d) In the present moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
2. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
3. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
4. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)