|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Self-centered thoughts.
(b) Indifference to others.
(c) Rush of modern life.
(d) Lack of honesty.
2. What does Hanh compare to windows?
3. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Hatred and despair.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Anxiety and sorrow.
4. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(b) Recite a mantra.
(d) Count to ten.
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Living mindfully.
(b) Accepting one's social status.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Creating personal wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
2. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)