|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing out, I smile."
2. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Recite a mantra.
(b) Count to ten.
(c) Clear their throat.
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(c) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(d) Saying grace and smiling.
4. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Patience and kindness.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Contentment and security.
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At birth.
(b) At death.
(c) Here and now.
(d) Today and the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
5. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)