|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Living mindfully.
(b) Accepting one's social status.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Creating personal wealth.
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) For nourishment.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To relax.
(d) To eat.
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Nature sounds.
(c) Dim lighting.
(d) A mantra.
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) University of California.
(c) McGill University.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
3. What is mouth yoga?
4. Where is Gethsemani?
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)