|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates fear.
(c) It creates instability.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
2. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At death.
(c) At birth.
(d) Today and the future.
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To enjoy bells.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To pray when church bells ring.
(d) To honor all bells.
4. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Contentment and security.
(c) Patience and kindness.
(d) Love and health.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
2. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)