|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(c) One's self.
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(b) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
3. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full lotus.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The ashante.
(d) The half-lotus.
4. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In solitude.
(b) In nature.
(d) In church.
5. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Love and friendship.
(b) Anxiety and sorrow.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Hatred and despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
2. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. What must one do before answering the telephone?
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)