|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(b) One's self.
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and body.
(b) The soul and body.
(c) The mind and emotions.
(d) The mind and soul.
4. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) As a panacea.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) An a sleep aid.
5. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) New Delhi, India.
(c) Louisville, Kentucky.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
2. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
5. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)