|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(b) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(c) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(d) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(c) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(d) Saying grace and smiling.
4. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In nature.
(b) Within oneself.
(c) While driving.
(d) In the present moment.
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
2. Who/what is one never able to escape?
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
4. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
5. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)