|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Selective speaking.
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(b) A positive attitude evolves.
(c) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(d) Problems seem less worrisome.
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
5. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Contentment and security.
(b) Peace and happiness.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Patience and kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
2. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
3. What must one do before answering the telephone?
4. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
5. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)