|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The rose.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) The sunshine.
(d) A chirping bird.
2. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(c) Think about the destination.
(d) Sit back and smile.
3. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) McGill University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) University of California.
4. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(b) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(c) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(d) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At death.
(b) Here and now.
(c) At birth.
(d) Today and the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
2. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
4. Where is Gethsemani?
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)