|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Self-centered thoughts.
(b) Rush of modern life.
(c) Indifference to others.
(d) Lack of honesty.
2. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His dedication to enlighten others.
(d) His contribution to the literary world.
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) In the present moment.
(b) In nature.
(c) Within oneself.
(d) While driving.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(b) Stop signs.
(c) Car horn.
(d) Train tracks.
5. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To honor all bells.
(b) To pray when church bells ring.
(c) To listen to non-sounds.
(d) To enjoy bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
2. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
3. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)