|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At death.
(b) At birth.
(c) Here and now.
(d) Today and the future.
2. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(b) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(c) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(d) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Yield sign.
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
5. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To reflect on the past.
(b) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(c) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(d) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
2. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
4. What is the origin of a smile?
5. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)