|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Rush of modern life.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Self-centered thoughts.
(d) Indifference to others.
2. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A social advocate.
(b) A Catholic monk.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A world leader.
3. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The full lotus.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
4. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(b) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(c) Saying grace and smiling.
(d) Breathing and smiling.
5. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) World peace demonstrations.
(b) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
(c) Internal transformation of the individual.
(d) Education of the masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
5. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)