|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(b) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(c) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(d) The red light causes the driver to think.
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The ashante.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The full lotus.
3. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His belief in isolationism.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
4. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) The School for Social Awareness.
(d) The little Peace Corps.
5. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Frequent reflecting.
(b) Conscious breathing.
(c) Thoughtful praying.
(d) Selective speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
3. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
4. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
5. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)