|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a panacea.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) An a sleep aid.
(d) As a health remedy.
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(b) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(c) "Breathing out, I smile."
(d) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
3. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To quiet the bells.
(b) To escape oneself.
(c) To maintain the car.
(d) To enjoy nature.
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) Robert McNamara.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one do before answering the telephone?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
4. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)