|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A yield sign.
(b) A red light.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A speed limit sign.
2. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of Colorado.
(b) University of California.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) McGill University.
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(c) The Eucharist.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) Car horn.
(d) Stop signs.
5. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As a health remedy.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) An a sleep aid.
(d) As a panacea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
2. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
3. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
4. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
5. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)