|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Yield sign.
(b) Car horn.
(c) Stop sign.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His belief in isolationism.
(c) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) Inhale and exhale.
(c) In and out.
(d) Love and harmony.
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
5. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To honor all bells.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To pray when church bells ring.
(d) To enjoy bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)