|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mouth yoga?
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Meditations and bells.
(b) Dirty dishes and bells.
(c) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
3. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) World peace demonstrations.
(b) Education of the masses.
(c) Internal transformation of the individual.
(d) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
4. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) Anxiety and sorrow.
(c) Hatred and despair.
(d) Love and friendship.
5. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates fear.
(d) It creates instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
4. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
5. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)