|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Frequent reflecting.
(c) Selective speaking.
(d) Thoughtful praying.
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) The rose.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) A chirping bird.
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(b) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(c) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(d) To reflect on the past.
4. What does Hanh compare to windows?
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting upright in a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
4. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)