|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
2. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
4. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(d) Twenty-four hours.
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A falling leaf.
(c) A car buzzer.
(d) A telephone ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gethsemani?
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
4. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
5. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)