|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) In and out.
(b) Inhale and exhale.
(c) Love and harmony.
(d) Peace and joy.
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) A chirping bird.
(c) The rose.
(d) A dandelion.
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(b) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(c) To reflect on the past.
(d) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
4. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Rush of modern life.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Indifference to others.
(d) Self-centered thoughts.
5. What does Hanh compare to windows?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
2. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. What is Gethsemani?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)