|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing out, I smile."
(b) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
(c) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(d) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
3. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The Phoenix.
(b) The half-lotus.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His belief in isolationism.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(d) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
5. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
3. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)