|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Catholic monk.
(b) A social advocate.
(c) A world leader.
(d) A Tibetan monk.
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Colorado.
(c) McGill University.
(d) University of California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
5. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)