|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) Louisville, Kentucky.
(b) New Delhi, India.
(c) New York City.
2. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates instability.
(c) It creates fear.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
4. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(c) Twenty-four hours.
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Living mindfully.
(b) Loving all people.
(c) Creating personal wealth.
(d) Accepting one's social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
3. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)