|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(b) In solitude.
(c) In nature.
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Left Bank.
(b) Le Casserole.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Sweet Pears.
4. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(b) The School for Social Awareness.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The little Peace Corps.
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) A chirping bird.
(b) The sunshine.
(c) The rose.
(d) A dandelion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
2. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
4. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
5. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)