|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(b) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(c) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(d) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
3. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Life's handbook for peace.
(b) Joyful book art.
(c) Book of peace.
(d) Book of reminders.
4. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(b) Health, religion, and altruism.
(c) Love, compassion, and altruism.
(d) Money, food, and shelter.
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) A mantra.
(d) Nature sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gethsemani?
2. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
3. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
5. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)