|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Nature sounds.
(b) A mantra.
(d) Dim lighting.
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Life's handbook for peace.
(b) Joyful book art.
(c) Book of peace.
(d) Book of reminders.
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A Catholic monk.
(c) A world leader.
(d) A social advocate.
4. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) World peace demonstrations.
(b) Internal transformation of the individual.
(c) Education of the masses.
(d) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
5. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(b) Academic journals.
(c) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(d) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
2. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)