|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gethsemani?
(a) An isolated forest.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A sacred rock.
(d) A college.
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The half-lotus.
(c) The full lotus.
(d) The full sun.
3. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A loving heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
(d) A peaceful heart.
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) A chirping bird.
(b) The sunshine.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) The rose.
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At birth.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
2. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
3. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
4. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)