|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(b) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(c) Academic journals.
(d) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(b) The little Peace Corps.
(c) The School for Social Awareness.
(d) The Salvation Army.
3. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Lack of honesty.
(b) Indifference to others.
(c) Rush of modern life.
(d) Self-centered thoughts.
4. What is the origin of a smile?
(b) A peaceful heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
(d) A loving heart.
5. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
5. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)