|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to clear the mind.
(b) A chance to eradicate the past.
(c) A chance to be happy in the future.
(d) A chance to be happy now.
3. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To pray when church bells ring.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To enjoy bells.
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The half-lotus.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The full sun.
(d) The ashante.
5. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) A loving heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
2. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)