|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) An a sleep aid.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) As a panacea.
(d) As a health remedy.
2. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
3. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(b) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(c) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(d) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Robert McNamara.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(b) His belief in isolationism.
(c) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
4. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
5. What is mouth yoga?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)