|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
(a) "Breathing in, I am happy."
(b) "Breathing out, I smile."
(c) "Breathing in, I calm my body."
(d) "Breathing out, I release the negatives."
2. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A social advocate.
(b) A Tibetan monk.
(c) A world leader.
(d) A Catholic monk.
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Sweet Pears.
(b) Le Casserole.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Left Bank.
4. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Indifference to others.
(b) Self-centered thoughts.
(c) Rush of modern life.
(d) Lack of honesty.
5. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Selective speaking.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Conscious breathing.
(d) Frequent reflecting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
2. What is the origin of a smile?
3. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
4. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
5. According to the author, when is peace present?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)