|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To honor all bells.
(c) To enjoy bells.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Accepting one's social status.
(b) Living mindfully.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Creating personal wealth.
5. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Frequent reflecting.
(c) Thoughtful praying.
(d) Selective speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
4. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)