|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) An a sleep aid.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) As a health remedy.
(d) As a panacea.
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Loving all people.
(b) Creating personal wealth.
(c) Accepting one's social status.
(d) Living mindfully.
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. What does Hanh compare to windows?
5. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(b) A positive attitude evolves.
(c) Problems seem less worrisome.
(d) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
3. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)