|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) An a sleep aid.
(b) As an escape from problems.
(c) As a panacea.
(d) As a health remedy.
2. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
3. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(c) In nature.
(d) In solitude.
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Western China.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Central Vietnam.
(d) New York City.
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His dedication to enlighten others.
(b) His academic journals.
(c) His contribution to the literary world.
(d) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
2. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
3. According to the author, when is peace present?
4. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
5. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)