|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A social advocate.
(b) A Catholic monk.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A world leader.
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) Nature sounds.
(d) A mantra.
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Academic journals.
(b) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(c) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(d) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
4. Which yoga position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) The ashante.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The full sun.
5. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Sweet Potato.
(b) Left Bank.
(c) Le Casserole.
(d) Sweet Pears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanh compare to windows?
2. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
4. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)