|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Le Casserole.
(b) Sweet Pears.
(c) Sweet Potato.
(d) Left Bank.
2. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Indifference to others.
(b) Rush of modern life.
(c) Lack of honesty.
(d) Self-centered thoughts.
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A world leader.
(b) A Catholic monk.
(c) A Tibetan monk.
(d) A social advocate.
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His belief in isolationism.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(d) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
2. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)