|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
2. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To enjoy bells.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(b) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(c) To reflect on the past.
(d) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
4. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) An a sleep aid.
(b) As a panacea.
(c) As an escape from problems.
(d) As a health remedy.
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) New York City.
(b) Western China.
(c) Tokyo, Japan.
(d) Central Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. According to the author, when is peace present?
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)