|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to eradicate the past.
(b) A chance to clear the mind.
(c) A chance to be happy now.
(d) A chance to be happy in the future.
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates instability.
(d) It creates fear.
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(b) Problems seem less worrisome.
(c) A positive attitude evolves.
(d) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
2. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
3. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
4. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
5. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)