|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The soul and body.
(b) The mind and soul.
(c) The mind and body.
(d) The mind and emotions.
2. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Le Casserole.
(b) Sweet Potato.
(c) Sweet Pears.
(d) Left Bank.
3. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) New Delhi, India.
(b) Louisville, Kentucky.
(d) New York City.
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) University of California.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) McGill University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
2. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
3. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
4. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
5. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)