|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas Merton?
(a) A Tibetan monk.
(b) A world leader.
(c) A social advocate.
(d) A Catholic monk.
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) A mantra.
(d) Nature sounds.
3. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Conscious breathing.
(b) Thoughtful praying.
(c) Frequent reflecting.
(d) Selective speaking.
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) McGill University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) University of California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gethsemani?
2. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
5. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)