|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
2. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(b) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(c) Academic journals.
(d) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
3. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Martin Luther King.
4. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(b) In church.
(c) In nature.
(d) In solitude.
5. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Inhale and exhale.
(b) In and out.
(c) Love and harmony.
(d) Peace and joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
2. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
3. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)