|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
(a) Family, individual, community, world.
(b) Individual, family, community, world.
(c) Individual, family, world, community.
(d) World, community, family, individual.
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Joyful book art.
(b) Life's handbook for peace.
(c) Book of reminders.
(d) Book of peace.
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(b) Academic journals.
(c) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(d) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(d) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
5. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To pray when church bells ring.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To enjoy bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
4. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
5. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)