|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(b) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(c) The red light causes the driver to think.
(d) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
4. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At birth.
(b) Today and the future.
(c) Here and now.
(d) At death.
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Recite a mantra.
(b) Clear their throat.
(d) Count to ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
4. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
5. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)