|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection is made to one's parents as one looks in a mirror?
(a) The gifts from the parents of body, mind, and spirit.
(b) One's own failings are similar to those of the parents.
(c) The love one feels for the parents.
(d) The gift of continuity passed on by one's parents.
2. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(b) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(c) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(d) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
3. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The sunshine.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) A chirping bird.
(d) The rose.
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(b) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(c) His belief in isolationism.
(d) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
5. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
(b) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(c) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(d) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
2. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
3. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
4. What three concepts can be included in family life that will promote inner peace?
5. Which of these dissolves anger?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)