|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to be happy now.
(b) A chance to be happy in the future.
(c) A chance to eradicate the past.
(d) A chance to clear the mind.
3. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A telephone ring.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A car buzzer.
(d) A falling leaf.
4. In "Flower Insights" who holds a flower before the monks?
(b) The book's author.
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
5. Which of these is NOT a component for the extension of mindful living into the world?
(a) Conscious breathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
2. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
3. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
4. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
5. What are most individuals unwilling to do about an issue?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)