|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Yield sign.
(b) Stop sign.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Car horn.
2. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
(a) As an escape from problems.
(b) An a sleep aid.
(c) As a panacea.
(d) As a health remedy.
3. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification throughout the day.
(b) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
(c) Purification during stressful times.
(d) Purification during meditation.
4. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) Before they arise.
(b) When one has emotional support.
(c) When faced with a decision.
(d) When they arise.
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is infuriated.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is tolerant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
2. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
3. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 51, Hanh introduces the word interbeing. What is the meaning of this word?
5. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)