|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates instability.
(d) It creates fear.
2. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(b) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(c) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(d) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
3. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
4. In Hanh's analogy of viruses and antibodies, what role(s) do the negative seeds play?
5. According to Hanh in "Aimlessness", what does the current culture promote?
(b) Constant activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
2. What does Hanh consider to be one's "second heart"?
3. What technique discussed in "Cooking the Potato" transforms anger into a positive force?
4. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
5. After realizing that the person expressing anger has experienced abuse, illness, or a setback, what can one learn to feel?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)