|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Nurture the anger.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Examine the source.
(d) Breathe consciously.
2. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To pray when church bells ring.
(b) To listen to non-sounds.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To enjoy bells.
3. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Anxiety and sorrow.
(b) Love and friendship.
(c) Peace and joy.
(d) Hatred and despair.
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(a) The Eucharist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one stops seeking benefits from life?
2. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
4. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
5. What is the goal of meditation?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)