|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Thich Nguyen.
(b) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(c) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(d) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
(b) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
(c) By acting on the feeling of anger.
(d) By ignoring the anger.
3. According to Hanh, what is often a barrier to happiness?
4. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
5. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Lack of honesty.
(b) Rush of modern life.
(c) Self-centered thoughts.
(d) Indifference to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
2. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
3. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
4. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
5. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what is analogous to emotion?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)