|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 51, Hanh introduces the word interbeing. What is the meaning of this word?
(a) All things are sacred.
(b) All things are connected.
(c) All things exist in harmony.
(d) All things are sources of energy.
3. Who/what lives thanks to the "second heart"?
(a) The suffering masses.
4. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Smiling at others.
(b) Practicing mindfulness.
(c) Greeting others.
(d) Studying the classics.
5. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
(a) His ability to empathize with the world's poor.
(b) His contribution to the literary world.
(c) His academic journals.
(d) His dedication to enlighten others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
3. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
4. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
5. What is essential to productivity?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)