|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According Hanh, if one item is removed from the universe, how many others will cease to exist?
(d) One hundred thousand.
2. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Think about the destination.
(d) Sit back and smile.
3. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
4. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is infuriated.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is tolerant.
5. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
(a) One can avoid repeating the cycle.
(b) One can forgive them their wrongs.
(c) One can understand the wrongs of the parents.
(d) One finds joy and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
2. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
3. Who smiles at the flower?
4. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
5. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)