|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gethsemani?
(a) An isolated forest.
(b) A college.
(c) A sacred rock.
(d) A monastery.
2. According to Hanh, what happens to anger when one pounds a pillow?
(a) It becomes more intense.
(b) It subsides temporarily.
(c) It subsides completely.
(d) It is negated.
3. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) Peace and joy.
(b) In and out.
(c) Inhale and exhale.
(d) Love and harmony.
4. Which plant is used in Hanh's story about people looking for the reason why it failed to grow?
5. What else must exist for wealth to be possible in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it more possible for one to sustain action for a worthy cause?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
5. What benefits can be found only in oneself?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)