|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does it take for nuclear waste to become a flower?
(a) Infinitely many.
(b) One quarter of a million.
(c) One million.
(d) One half of a million.
2. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) The rose.
(b) A dandelion.
(c) A chirping bird.
(d) The sunshine.
3. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(c) Twenty-four hours.
4. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Three million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two million.
5. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The School for Social Awareness.
(c) The little Peace Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
2. What three concepts can be included in family life that will promote inner peace?
3. What must occur before one understands another person?
4. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
5. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)