|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which techniques can help individuals heal themselves emotionally and psychologically?
(a) Conscious living and breathing.
(b) Conscious breathing and mindful living.
(c) Conscious breathing and meditating.
(d) Meditating and mindful living.
2. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
(a) One can avoid repeating the cycle.
(b) One finds joy and peace.
(c) One can forgive them their wrongs.
(d) One can understand the wrongs of the parents.
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To ask a friend to read along, too.
(b) To reflect on the past.
(c) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(d) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
4. Who presents a smile openly without any goal?
(a) A monk.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) A child.
5. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
2. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
3. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
4. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
5. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)