|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
2. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
3. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Contentment and security.
(b) Love and health.
(c) Peace and happiness.
(d) Patience and kindness.
4. Who smiles at Buddha?
(a) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(b) No one.
(c) The book's author.
5. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
(b) Health issues.
(c) Emotional scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
2. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
3. What do positive seeds produce?
4. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)