|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
2. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) At death.
(b) At birth.
(c) Here and now.
(d) Today and the future.
3. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) When faced with a decision.
(b) Before they arise.
(c) When one has emotional support.
(d) When they arise.
4. What is the result of compassion towards another who is suffering?
(a) Joy and peace.
(b) Unconditional love.
(c) Love and peace.
(d) Eternal gratitude.
5. What can happen when one observes parents with compassion?
(a) One can avoid repeating the cycle.
(b) One finds joy and peace.
(c) One can forgive them their wrongs.
(d) One can understand the wrongs of the parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what is the only tool useful in changing a situation?
2. What term means "the essence of a person's true nature"?
3. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
4. Who is Thomas Merton?
5. According to Hanh, what can break the "cycle of transmission"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)