|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh in "The River of Feelings", how many types of feelings do humans experience throughout life?
(a) Infinitely many.
2. How can one find peace and love when feeling angry?
(a) By recognizing anger as a source of positive energy.
(b) By ignoring the anger.
(c) By recognizing that anger is fleeting.
(d) By acting on the feeling of anger.
3. What are the fruits of meditation?
(a) Peace, joy, and clarity.
(b) Mindfulness, clarity, and patience.
(c) Clarity, determination, and patience.
(d) Clarity, determination, and peace.
4. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(b) Dim lighting.
(c) A mantra.
(d) Nature sounds.
5. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Problems seem less worrisome.
(b) A positive attitude evolves.
(c) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(d) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river, supposedly, contains enough chemicals to develop photographs?
2. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
3. What must be one's approach towards nature for survival?
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
5. Which group of people are "the light at the top of the candle" for interbeing?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)