|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) An awakened mind.
(d) A loving heart.
2. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(b) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(c) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(d) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
3. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Meditations and bells.
(b) Dirty dishes and bells.
(c) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(d) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
4. What is the goal of meditation?
(a) Purification during meditation and throughout the day.
(b) Purification during stressful times.
(c) Purification during meditation.
(d) Purification throughout the day.
5. According to Hanh's "Internal Formations", what forms within one's emotional consciousness as a result of anger?
(a) Health issues.
(b) Emotional scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh's story about an arguing couple, what is the first step to healing?
2. What reason does Hanh give for the abuse of children at their own parents' hands?
3. What must occur before one understands another person?
4. What does Hanh synchronize with his movements of using a scythe?
5. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)