|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is tolerant.
(c) He is infuriated.
(d) He is saddened.
2. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
3. What happens when one is cut off from nature?
4. What do large family units provide?
(a) Childcare while parents work.
(b) Acceptance of the elderly.
(c) Safety for children of suffering parents.
(d) Less stressful environment for working parents.
5. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
(a) Selective speaking.
(b) Frequent reflecting.
(c) Thoughtful praying.
(d) Conscious breathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
2. According to Hanh's "Look into Your Hand", what can be found in a single person?
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
4. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
5. What is Gethsemani?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)