|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what would improve the power of hugging?
(a) Hugging only when the feeling is shared.
(b) Hugging only when the feeling is genuine.
(c) Combining hugging with mindful breathing.
(d) Combining hugging with a smile.
2. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The School for Social Awareness.
(d) The little Peace Corps.
3. In the story "Look into Your Hand", who told the young man to look at his hand?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(b) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(c) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
(d) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
5. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
2. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
3. What gift does holding a grandchild give to the grandparent?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 51, Hanh introduces the word interbeing. What is the meaning of this word?
5. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)