|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, when must one recognize negative feelings?
(a) Before they arise.
(b) When they arise.
(c) When faced with a decision.
(d) When one has emotional support.
2. What can be transformed into healthy energy by recognizing that it is part of oneself?
(a) Pleasant emotions.
(b) Unpleasant emotions.
(d) Neutral emotions.
3. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
(a) Think about the destination.
(b) Meditate on yesterday's trip.
(c) Sit back and smile.
(d) Listen to music.
4. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full sun.
(b) The full lotus.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The ashante.
5. What is the basis for real strength when one tries to make a change in the world?
(a) Deep inner peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
2. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
5. In which river did the author wash his face?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)