|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 51-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(b) Twenty-four hours.
2. According to Hanh in "Mindfulness of Anger", what kind of problems does anger create?
(a) Health problems.
(b) Self-esteem problems.
(c) Self-control problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
3. What should one do as angry feelings subside?
(a) Nurture the anger.
(b) Observe mindfully.
(c) Breathe consciously.
(d) Examine the source.
4. What is Hanh's synonym for aimlessness?
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western cultures' treatment of parents?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is infuriated.
(c) He is tolerant.
(d) He is saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
2. What do large family units provide?
3. What are the fruits of meditation?
4. In "Transforming Feelings", who/what symbolizes mindfulness?
5. What three concepts can be included in family life that will promote inner peace?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)