|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
(a) The Hanh Library is located in Vietnam.
(b) Handwritten copies of his books are illegally circulated there.
(c) He visits Vietnam often to lecture.
(d) His contributions to peace are taught in Vietnam's schools.
2. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates fear.
(b) It creates instability.
(c) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(d) It creates confusion and loneliness.
3. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) Problems seem less worrisome.
(b) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(c) A positive attitude evolves.
(d) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
4. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
(a) Education of the masses.
(b) The destruction of the atomic bomb.
(c) Internal transformation of the individual.
(d) World peace demonstrations.
5. What is the origin of a smile?
(b) A loving heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
(d) A peaceful heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
4. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
5. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)