|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(d) Real life.
2. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
3. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) The Dalai Lama.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) Robert McNamara.
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) The Dalai Lama.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to eradicate the past.
(b) A chance to be happy in the future.
(c) A chance to clear the mind.
(d) A chance to be happy now.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. What is Hanh remembered for at the end of the Editor's Introduction?
5. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)