|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
(a) A peaceful heart.
(b) A loving heart.
(c) An awakened mind.
2. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) Louisville, Kentucky.
(b) New Delhi, India.
(c) New York City.
3. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(d) Thich Nguyen.
4. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Greeting others.
(b) Practicing mindfulness.
(c) Smiling at others.
(d) Studying the classics.
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To quiet the bells.
(b) To maintain the car.
(c) To escape oneself.
(d) To enjoy nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
2. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
3. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
4. In "Cookie of Childhood", who gives Hanh a cookie to savor?
5. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)