|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
(a) The full lotus.
(b) The full sun.
(c) The half-lotus.
(d) The ashante.
2. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Practicing mindfulness.
(b) Studying the classics.
(c) Greeting others.
(d) Smiling at others.
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(b) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(c) It creates instability.
(d) It creates fear.
4. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
(a) To reflect on the past.
(b) To return to the present moment and find peace and joy.
(c) To begin a diary of the reader's journey.
(d) To ask a friend to read along, too.
5. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(c) One's self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
3. What must one do before answering the telephone?
4. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
5. What is the origin of a smile?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)