|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
(b) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(c) The red light causes the driver to think.
(d) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) To eat.
(b) To relax.
(c) For pleasure.
(d) For nourishment.
3. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
(b) Thich Nguyen.
(c) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
4. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
5. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
(a) Money, food, and shelter.
(b) Health, religion, and altruism.
(c) Health, wealth, and empathy.
(d) Love, compassion, and altruism.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
2. What should a driver do when caught by a stop light?
3. What is Gethsemani?
4. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
5. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)