|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(b) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(c) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(d) Clean dishes and mindful living.
2. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Today and the future.
(b) Here and now.
(c) At death.
(d) At birth.
3. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
(a) The mind and soul.
(b) The mind and emotions.
(c) The soul and body.
(d) The mind and body.
4. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Patience and kindness.
(b) Love and health.
(c) Peace and happiness.
(d) Contentment and security.
5. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of California.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) McGill University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
2. What enables one to become a real person?
3. What invitation does the author give to the reader at the end of the first section?
4. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
5. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)