|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Train tracks.
(b) Stop signs.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Car horn.
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
(a) The red light causes the driver to think.
(b) The red light can cause accidents if drivers are not mindful.
(c) The car is polluting the environment while idling.
(d) The driver sees it as an obstacle to arriving.
3. What two conscious actions should precede taking a bite of food?
(a) Breathing and smiling.
(b) Pausing, then smelling the food's aroma.
(c) Sitting down, then closing one's eyes.
(d) Saying grace and smiling.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Car horn.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Yield sign.
(d) Stop sign.
5. With whom does Hanh meet in Europe to help bring peace to Vietnam?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) The Dalai Lama.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
2. What is Gethsemani?
3. In "Tangerine Meditation", who is reflecting on the tangerine's origin?
4. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
5. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)