|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates fear.
(b) It creates instability.
(c) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(d) It creates loneliness and desperation.
2. What do non-sounds remind us to do?
(a) Breathe, smile, and care for others.
(b) Smile, acknowledge others, and live fully.
(c) Breathe, smile, and live fully in the moment.
(d) Breathe, smile, and commune with nature.
3. While driving, what can be used as a bell of mindfulness?
(a) A yield sign.
(b) A speed limit sign.
(c) A red light.
(d) A car horn.
4. What happens when one gets back in touch with one's self?
(a) A positive attitude evolves.
(b) Selfish attitudes cease to exist.
(c) Life's present moment is more easily encountered.
(d) Problems seem less worrisome.
5. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
2. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
3. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
4. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
5. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)