|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(b) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
(c) Sitting upright in a chair.
(d) Lying parallel to the Earth.
2. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(d) Twenty-four hours.
3. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To enjoy nature.
(b) To maintain the car.
(c) To escape oneself.
(d) To quiet the bells.
4. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(b) Academic journals.
(c) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(d) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Smile and recite a mantra.
(b) Envision the person one is calling.
(c) Breathe consciously and pause.
(d) Breathe consciously and smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
2. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
3. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
4. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
5. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)