|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part l, Chapter1, what gift is available to everyone upon waking up each morning?
(b) Twenty-four hours.
2. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(d) Car horn.
3. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Nature sounds.
(b) Dim lighting.
(c) A mantra.
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(c) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(d) His belief in isolationism.
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Creating personal wealth.
(b) Accepting one's social status.
(c) Living mindfully.
(d) Loving all people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
2. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
3. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
4. What enables one to become a real person?
5. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)