|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Self-centered thoughts.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Rush of modern life.
(d) Indifference to others.
2. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes and bells.
(b) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
3. Where is Gethsemani?
(a) Louisville, Kentucky.
(c) New Delhi, India.
(d) New York City.
4. If one lives without awareness, who/what do the people around us become?
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Count to ten.
(c) Recite a mantra.
(d) Clear their throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is one never able to escape?
2. How is Hanh's presence still felt in Vietnam?
3. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
4. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
5. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)