|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
(a) In and out.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Inhale and exhale.
(d) Love and harmony.
2. What causes us to lose touch with the peace that is available each moment?
(a) Self-centered thoughts.
(b) Lack of honesty.
(c) Indifference to others.
(d) Rush of modern life.
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(b) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(c) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(d) Academic journals.
4. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Western China.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Central Vietnam.
(d) New York City.
5. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
(a) A chance to clear the mind.
(b) A chance to be happy in the future.
(c) A chance to be happy now.
(d) A chance to eradicate the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
2. What enables one to become a real person?
3. Who is Thomas Merton?
4. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
5. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)