|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Loving all people.
(b) Living mindfully.
(c) Accepting one's social status.
(d) Creating personal wealth.
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(d) His belief in isolationism.
3. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(b) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(c) Academic journals.
(d) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
4. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
(a) Central Vietnam.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) New York City.
(d) Western China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanh compare to windows?
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
4. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
5. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)