|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we walk hurriedly, what imprints are left on the Earth?
(a) Love and friendship.
(b) Peace and joy.
(c) Anxiety and sorrow.
(d) Hatred and despair.
2. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(c) Count to ten.
(d) Recite a mantra.
3. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
(a) McGill University.
(b) University of Colorado.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) University of California.
4. Who was the first monk to ride a bicycle in Vietnam?
(a) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(b) H.H. the Dalai Lama.
(c) Thich Nguyen.
(d) Nhat Hanh Nguyen.
5. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(b) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(c) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
(d) His belief in isolationism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
2. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
3. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
4. What organization is formed by Hanh in 1964?
5. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)