|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(b) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(c) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
(d) Clean dishes and mindful living.
2. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
(a) A car buzzer.
(b) A telephone ring.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A falling leaf.
3. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) At birth.
(c) Today and the future.
(d) At death.
4. What enables one to become a real person?
(a) Studying the classics.
(b) Practicing mindfulness.
(c) Smiling at others.
(d) Greeting others.
5. Before making a phone call, what should one do?
(a) Smile and recite a mantra.
(b) Breathe consciously and pause.
(c) Breathe consciously and smile.
(d) Envision the person one is calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
4. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
5. What does practicing conscious breathing unify?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)