|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(b) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(c) Meditations and bells.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
2. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(a) In church.
(c) In solitude.
(d) In nature.
3. What community is established by Hanh a hundred miles southwest of Paris?
(a) Sweet Potato.
(b) Left Bank.
(c) Le Casserole.
(d) Sweet Pears.
4. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
(a) While driving.
(b) Within oneself.
(c) In nature.
(d) In the present moment.
5. What technique may be used to force the thought process to focus?
(a) Dim lighting.
(b) A mantra.
(d) Nature sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
2. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
3. According to Hanh, which of the following is a non-sound?
4. What path does the atmosphere of peace travel?
5. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)