|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, when is peace present?
(a) Here and now.
(b) Today and the future.
(c) At birth.
(d) At death.
2. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(a) Clear their throat.
(c) Recite a mantra.
(d) Count to ten.
3. According to Hanh, what effect does watching violence on television have on an individual?
(a) It creates fear.
(b) It creates confusion and loneliness.
(c) It creates loneliness and desperation.
(d) It creates instability.
4. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) Five million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Three million.
(d) Two million.
5. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Yield sign.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Car horn.
(d) Stop sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
2. In which yoga position are the legs crossed by placing both feet on opposite knees?
3. How many times should one breathe in and out before making a phone call?
4. At what university did Hanh tell the teachers and students to pause after a bell sounds?
5. Who/what is one never able to escape?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)