|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) Stop signs.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) Car horn.
(d) "Je me souviens" license plate.
2. What is mouth yoga?
3. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(b) The Eucharist.
4. What body position does Hanh recommend for meditation?
(a) Lying parallel to the Earth.
(b) Sitting upright in a chair.
(c) Sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
(d) Sitting on the ground facing the sun.
5. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
(a) To escape oneself.
(b) To maintain the car.
(c) To enjoy nature.
(d) To quiet the bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nominates Hanh for the 1966 Nobel Prize?
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
3. According to "Driving Meditation", where can happiness always be found?
4. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
5. What is Gethsemani?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)