|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the spiritual friends that Hanh uses on his mindfulness path?
(a) Meditations and bells.
(b) Quiet surroundings, and meditations.
(c) Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams.
(d) Dirty dishes and bells.
2. What becomes available when we quiet our distracted thinking?
(a) Patience and kindness.
(b) Contentment and security.
(c) Love and health.
(d) Peace and happiness.
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(b) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(c) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(d) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
4. In "Present Moment, Wonderful Moment", where is the perfect place to practice conscious breathing?
(b) In solitude.
(c) In church.
(d) In nature.
5. What must one do before answering the telephone?
(b) Clear their throat.
(c) Recite a mantra.
(d) Count to ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
2. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
3. What phrase is used in the Editor's Introduction to describe "Peace is Every Step"?
4. Why does one sometimes go for a drive unnecessarily?
5. What act does Hanh's teaching center around?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)