|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
(a) Accepting one's social status.
(b) Creating personal wealth.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Living mindfully.
2. Who/what is one never able to escape?
(d) One's self.
3. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Montreal?
(a) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(b) Car horn.
(c) Train tracks.
(d) Stop signs.
4. According to the author, which rite is a wonderful practice of mindfulness that Jesus used to awaken his disciples?
(b) The Eucharist.
5. In "Bells of Mindfulness", what must everyone make time for, according to Hanh?
(a) To listen to non-sounds.
(b) To enjoy bells.
(c) To honor all bells.
(d) To pray when church bells ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of a smile?
2. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
3. According to the foreword, what is the only way to bring about world peace?
4. According to Hanh, for what should one NOT use meditation?
5. According to Hanh, what is the result of realizing the present moment?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)