|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanh, where can one meditate?
2. In "The Eucharist", what does one bite of bread give to each disciple?
(d) Real life.
3. What can one use daily as a reminder to stop and breathe mindfully?
4. According to a poem in this section, who/what now has the poet's lost smile?
(a) A chirping bird.
(b) The rose.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) The sunshine.
5. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Conscious Breathing", which two words can be used to facilitate being mindful of breathing?
2. According to the Editor's Introduction, what method of obtaining peace is part of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings?
3. What does Hanh compare to windows?
4. What are the fundamental basics of peace?
5. According to Hanh, how many rings should one allow before answering the telephone?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)