|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 10-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resources are used in the creation of "Peace is Every Step"?
(a) .Conversations with Hanh's friends and family.
(b) Hanh's lectures, writings, and conversations.
(c) Hanh's personal diary and scholarly books.
(d) Academic journals.
2. In "Eating Mindfully", what is the purpose of eating?
(a) To eat.
(b) For nourishment.
(c) To relax.
(d) For pleasure.
3. What does Hanh compare to windows?
4. Why is Hanh received enthusiastically in the West?
(a) His continued efforts to bring peace to Vietnam.
(b) His belief in isolationism.
(c) His ablility to walk calmly with peace and awareness.
(d) His personal realtionships with influential leaders.
5. What bodily process does conscious breathing slow down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background for Hanh's religious training?
2. Which mantra during conscious breathing relaxes the body?
3. What is the origin of a smile?
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
5. What location is the birthplace of Thich Nhat Hanh?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)