One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mindfulness Must Be Engaged", what does Hanh remind readers of concerning the extension of mindful living from one person to the world?
(a) Mindful living will naturally flow to the masses.
(b) Mindful living is intended to create peace for one individual.
(c) Mindful living needs to reach only a few to have an effect on many.
(d) Mindful living is a tool that must be actively used.
2. What is Hanh's lament in "It is a Great Joy to hold Your Grandchild"?
(a) The Western cultures do not honor the elderly.
(b) Adult children minimize the importance of grandparents.
(c) Grandchildren are cared for by strangers.
(d) The Western cultures do not care for the elderly properly.
3. What two purposes are fulfilled by washing dishes?
(a) Clean dishes and mindful living.
(b) Clean dishes and a tidy kitchen.
(c) Clean dishes and time to daydream.
(d) Clean dishes and a better attitude.
4. What does the author suggest using as a bell of mindfulness when driving in Paris?
(a) Stop sign.
(b) "Je me souviens" license plate.
(c) Car horn.
(d) Yield sign.
5. What should mindful living not do?
(a) Blind one from seeing real problems in the world.
(b) Try to cure all suffering.
(c) Insulate one from all suffering.
(d) Intrude on others' beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the red light an enemy of the driver?
2. What enables one to become a real person?
3. Realistically, who can benefit from an individual's mindful living?
4. At the time of this book's printing, how many square miles of forestland had been destroyed by acid rain, partly because of cars?
5. What is Hanh's attitude towards the Western tradition of hugging?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)