"Foreword" and "Editor's Introduction"
* The foreword by H.H. Dalai Lama introduces love, compassion, and altruism at the foundations of inner peace.
* The Dalai Lama foreshadows late sections in the book by mentioning world peace.
* Arnold Kotler, the editor, gives biographical background information on Thich Nhat Hanh, the book's author.
* Arnold Kotler adds credibility to Hanh by discussing the author's dedication to Buddhism and meditation.
Part 1, Chapters 1-9
* Hanh reminds readers to live in the present moment, rather than the past or the future.
* Hanh explains the relationship between smiling and relaxation.
* Hanh presents the dandelion as a symbol for smiling.
* Hanh explains how to practice mindful breathing.
* Hanh makes a point of noting that mankind can never truly relax because of constantly thinking.
* Hanh points out that humankind allows harmful intrusions, such as violence on television, to invade the senses.
* Hanh states that...
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)