|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Stewart's lieutenants in "The Cult"?
2. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
3. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
4. On which television channel will Hitler probably stand trial in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
5. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
2. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
3. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
4. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
5. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
6. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
7. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
8. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
9. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
10. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stewart use irony in "The Devil and William Gates"? Are there certain situations or events that strike you as particularly ironic? Why would Stewart include this literary technique in his work?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stewart use tragic irony in "The Cult"? Why do you think he decided to use it in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Stewart's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)