|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
2. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
3. Where is the " The Recipe" taken from?
4. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
5. How many bedrooms does Stewart's apartment have in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
2. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
3. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
4. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
5. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
6. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
7. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
8. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
9. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
10. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Princess Diana and Mother Teresa are two famous, charitable women, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from "Pen Pals."
Essay Topic 2
Stewart's story, "Vincent and Theo on AOL," presents brothers who appear to be very different from one another. Compare and contrast Vincent and Theo. How are their worldviews different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
How does Stewart use tragic irony in "The Cult"? Why do you think he decided to use it in this story?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)