|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vincent van Gogh decide to eventually go to school in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
2. What religion is Michael Green, a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
3. Which term accurately describes the host of a proper awards ceremony in "The Recipe"?
4. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
5. What will the ethnicity of the fifth member on the "Five Under Five" list be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
2. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
3. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
4. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
5. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
6. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
7. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
8. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
9. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
10. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judaism is a significant part of Stewart's writing. What does Judaism symbolize in "The New Judaism"? What part of this allows for intersection between author and work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the experiences of Eileen in "A Very Hanson Christmas." What is it like for her to be a mother of a young musical act? What is Stewart trying to make fun of in this story? Does he succeed?
Essay Topic 3
How does Stewart use tragic irony in "The Cult"? Why do you think he decided to use it in this story?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)