|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fingerprints are exchanged with the Devil's in "The Devil and William Gates"?
2. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. What does Bruce's idea eventually become in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
4. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
5. Which term accurately describes the host of a proper awards ceremony in "The Recipe"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Stewart's collection of stories ultimately resolved? Do you think the resolution was adequate? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
Historical events play a very significant role in Stewart's stories. Why do you think Stewart enjoys citing historical events as a way of making writing more humorous? Do you think real events or made-up events are funnier?
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Is there more than one theme? Do you find it difficult to identify something as cohesive as a theme for a story so ironic and satirical?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)