|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
2. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
4. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
5. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
2. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
3. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
4. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
5. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
6. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
7. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
8. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
9. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
10. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which secondary character in Stewart's book do you think has the most significant impact on a story? In what context does this occur? Do you think Stewart meant for this character to have such an impact?
Essay Topic 2
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Stewart's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)