|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce's idea eventually become in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
2. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
3. "No suggestions" is given when trying to find alternative words for whom in "Microsoft Word '98"?
4. Characters from which other short story are referenced in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
5. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
Essay Topic 1
How does Stewart use irony in "The Devil and William Gates"? Are there certain situations or events that strike you as particularly ironic? Why would Stewart include this literary technique in his work?
Essay Topic 2
Princess Diana and Mother Teresa are two famous, charitable women, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from "Pen Pals."
Essay Topic 3
Sheldon appears in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold" only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Sheldon's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Stewart uses in writing about Sheldon.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)