|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
2. What is the original title of Bruce's television show in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
3. What does Hitler's psychiatrist say about Hitler's responsibility for his life in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
4. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
5. What will be happening to the Baby Boomers during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Recipe," how does Stewart use satire to communicate his message? Do you find this tactic humorous, confusing, or offensive? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Humor is an important aspect of Stewart's work. How is this technique used to tell the story of the Ford tapes? What does humor contribute to the effect of Stewart's work on readers? How does he incorporate it into the greater work?
Essay Topic 3
Princess Diana and Mother Teresa are two famous, charitable women, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from "Pen Pals."
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)