|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Five Under Five," which magazine's research team is featured?
2. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
3. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
4. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
5. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
Essay Topic 1
The title of one of Stewart's stories, "The Recipe," does not clearly communicate the theme of that particular short story. In your opinion, why does Stewart choose this particular title for the story? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stewart use tragic irony in "The Cult"? Why do you think he decided to use it in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Distinguish between tone and mood as used in literature, and then compare and contrast the tone and mood of Stewart's work as a whole.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)