|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack call one wing of the Kennedy mansion?
2. Who wrote the found manuscript about the Last Supper, according to the narrator?
3. What is the style of Diana's letter to Mother Teresa?
4. Which character is "top dog" at Choate?
5. What does Eileen Hanson ask for in a "P.S." in her Christmas card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
2. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
3. Why does Princess Diana want to be pen pals with Mother Teresa as stated in "Pen Pals"?
4. What do you think of the relationship between Senor Jangles and James MacPherson in "Local News"?
5. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
7. How is Jack Kennedy characterized in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"? Do you think this is a favorable description?
8. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
9. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
10. Why does Eileen go to rehab? What is her reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stewart's story, "Vincent and Theo on AOL," presents brothers who appear to be very different from one another. Compare and contrast Vincent and Theo. How are their worldviews different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
Essay Topic 3
Characters' names are symbolic in "Five Under Five." Choose two characters and describe what their names symbolize. Why would Stewart choose these particular names for the characters?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)