|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say the vagina should look?
2. Why is Jack Kennedy sad being at Choate?
3. What sport does Ford watch on television the day after Carter's inauguration?
4. What does Senor Jangles do before he starts working for Taco Bell?
5. Who is Senor Jangles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
2. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
3. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
4. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
5. Describe the relationship between Eileen and her children.
6. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
7. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
8. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
9. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
10. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Stewart's collection of stories ultimately resolved? Do you think the resolution was adequate? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
Which character in Stewart's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 3
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)