|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ford try to open a Coke bottle?
2. What does Jack call one wing of the Kennedy mansion?
3. Who is the waiter at Jesus' dinner party in "The Last Supper"?
4. What decade does "Breakfast at Kennedy's" take place?
5. What is the theme of the Hanson Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the odd drawings found in da Vinci's notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
2. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
3. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
4. Describe the differences between the narrator and Jack Kennedy.
5. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
6. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
7. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
8. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
9. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
10. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sheldon appears in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold" only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Sheldon's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Stewart uses in writing about Sheldon.
Essay Topic 2
Stewart's story, "Vincent and Theo on AOL," presents brothers who appear to be very different from one another. Compare and contrast Vincent and Theo. How are their worldviews different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Is there more than one theme? Do you find it difficult to identify something as cohesive as a theme for a story so ironic and satirical?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)