|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many 20th century items are found in da Vinci's notebook, according to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," ?
2. Who does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say can make an appearance in the vagina?
3. What does Jack call one wing of the Kennedy mansion?
4. Which character is "top dog" at Choate?
5. What does Ford call the place where the tape recordings are stored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mascots does Stewart suggest for New Judaism?
2. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
3. Why does Eileen go to rehab? What is her reaction?
4. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
5. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
6. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
7. Describe the differences between the narrator and Jack Kennedy.
8. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
9. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
10. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of one of Stewart's stories, "The Recipe," does not clearly communicate the theme of that particular short story. In your opinion, why does Stewart choose this particular title for the story? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 2
Characters' names are symbolic in "Five Under Five." Choose two characters and describe what their names symbolize. Why would Stewart choose these particular names for the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the experiences of Eileen in "A Very Hanson Christmas." What is it like for her to be a mother of a young musical act? What is Stewart trying to make fun of in this story? Does he succeed?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)