|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al Haig give up to get Ford to sign Nixon's pardon?
2. What was Jangles' next role supposed to be, according to the narrator of "Local News"?
3. How many 20th century items are found in da Vinci's notebook, according to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," ?
4. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" recommend for the exterior of the vagina?
5. How many pages of drawings are in da Vinci's notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the odd drawings found in da Vinci's notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
2. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
3. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
4. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
5. Who is your favorite character in "Lack of Power"? Why?
6. How is Jack Kennedy characterized in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"? Do you think this is a favorable description?
7. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
8. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
9. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
10. Why does Princess Diana want to be pen pals with Mother Teresa as stated in "Pen Pals"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
Essay Topic 2
The title of one of Stewart's stories, "The Recipe," does not clearly communicate the theme of that particular short story. In your opinion, why does Stewart choose this particular title for the story? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 3
Historical events play a very significant role in Stewart's stories. Why do you think Stewart enjoys citing historical events as a way of making writing more humorous? Do you think real events or made-up events are funnier?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)