|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which celebrities make a cameo in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
2. Who makes it clear that Teresa is busy, according to the narrator of "Pen Pals"?
3. Where have the Jews put down a time-share, according to "The New Judaism"?
4. What condition afflicts Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
5. In "Pen Pals, " what does Diana suggest she do with Mother Teresa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
2. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
3. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
4. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
5. Describe the odd drawings found in da Vinci's notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
6. What do you make of a small dog becoming so famous in "Local News"?
7. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
8. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
9. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
10. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sheldon appears in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold" only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Sheldon's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Stewart uses in writing about Sheldon.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall theme of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Is there more than one theme? Do you find it difficult to identify something as cohesive as a theme for a story so ironic and satirical?
Essay Topic 3
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)