|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the disciples do when the bill arrives in "The Last Supper"?
2. In "Pen Pals," what does Diana include in her P.S.?
3. What does Eileen Hanson apologize for in her letter?
4. What, specifically, are Jews concerned about regarding their religion according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
5. To whom do the Kennedys give an "extra child"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
2. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
3. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
4. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
5. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
7. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
8. Describe the differences between the narrator and Jack Kennedy.
9. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
10. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Stewart's collection of stories ultimately resolved? Do you think the resolution was adequate? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall theme of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Is there more than one theme? Do you find it difficult to identify something as cohesive as a theme for a story so ironic and satirical?
Essay Topic 3
Which secondary character in Stewart's book do you think has the most significant impact on a story? In what context does this occur? Do you think Stewart meant for this character to have such an impact?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)