|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Jesus' party seated in "The Last Supper"?
2. What does the New Judaism require according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
3. What does the narrator of "Breakfast at Kennedy's" find inside a darkened bunker?
4. What do the disciples do when the bill arrives in "The Last Supper"?
5. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" recommend for the exterior of the vagina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
2. What events in "The Last Supper" are meant to be humorous?
3. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
4. Describe the differences between the narrator and Jack Kennedy.
5. Why does Eileen go to rehab? What is her reaction?
6. What do you think of the tone of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Do you think it's funny or offensive?
7. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
8. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
9. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
10. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Jack Kennedy and Eileen Hanson. How are the way they presented by Stewart different? How are the characters similar?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stewart use irony in "The Devil and William Gates"? Are there certain situations or events that strike you as particularly ironic? Why would Stewart include this literary technique in his work?
Essay Topic 3
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)