|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of discrimination is mentioned in "Local News"?
2. What is the mascot to be adopted by New Judaism, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
3. On what holiday does Jesus have his dinner in "The Last Supper"?
4. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say the interior vagina should be?
5. Where have the Jews put down a time-share, according to "The New Judaism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Pen Pals" end?
2. Describe the basis for "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
3. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
4. What mascots does Stewart suggest for New Judaism?
5. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
6. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
7. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
8. What do you think of the relationship between Senor Jangles and James MacPherson in "Local News"?
9. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
10. What do you make of a small dog becoming so famous in "Local News"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experiences of Eileen in "A Very Hanson Christmas." What is it like for her to be a mother of a young musical act? What is Stewart trying to make fun of in this story? Does he succeed?
Essay Topic 2
Stewart's story, "Vincent and Theo on AOL," presents brothers who appear to be very different from one another. Compare and contrast Vincent and Theo. How are their worldviews different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
Sheldon appears in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold" only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Sheldon's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Stewart uses in writing about Sheldon.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)