|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford choke on during a meeting in 1976?
2. What is the style of Diana's letter to Mother Teresa?
3. What sport does Ford watch on television the day after Carter's inauguration?
4. Who makes it clear that Teresa is busy, according to the narrator of "Pen Pals"?
5. Why is Eileen Hanson suicidal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
2. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
3. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
4. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
5. What do you make of a small dog becoming so famous in "Local News"?
6. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
7. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
8. What events in "The Last Supper" are meant to be humorous?
9. Explain the symbolic meaning of da Vinci's lost notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
10. Describe the basis for "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Jack Kennedy and Eileen Hanson. How are the way they presented by Stewart different? How are the characters similar?
Essay Topic 2
Princess Diana and Mother Teresa are two famous, charitable women, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from "Pen Pals."
Essay Topic 3
In "The Recipe," how does Stewart use satire to communicate his message? Do you find this tactic humorous, confusing, or offensive? Why?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)