|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds da Vinci's lost notebook, according to the narrator?
2. To whom do the Kennedys give an "extra child"?
3. What time is Jesus' party seated in "The Last Supper"?
4. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say is the "centerpiece of your personal style"?
5. What sort of accident does Teddy Kennedy have during the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
2. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
3. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
4. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
5. Describe the odd drawings found in da Vinci's notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
6. What is mentioned in "The Last Supper" about the source of the New Testament?
7. How does "Pen Pals" end?
8. How is Jack Kennedy characterized in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"? Do you think this is a favorable description?
9. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
10. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall theme of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Is there more than one theme? Do you find it difficult to identify something as cohesive as a theme for a story so ironic and satirical?
Essay Topic 2
In "The Recipe," how does Stewart use satire to communicate his message? Do you find this tactic humorous, confusing, or offensive? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Stewart's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)