|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds da Vinci's lost notebook, according to the narrator?
2. What time is Jesus' party seated in "The Last Supper"?
3. On what character is the New Judaism mascot based, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
4. Who does Eileen Hanson state cheats the Hanson family?
5. What does Ford's steward try to convince Ford of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the odd drawings found in da Vinci's notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
2. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
3. Who is your favorite character in "Lack of Power"? Why?
4. How does "Pen Pals" end?
5. Describe the relationship between Eileen and her children.
6. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
7. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
8. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
9. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
10. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Distinguish between tone and mood as used in literature, and then compare and contrast the tone and mood of Stewart's work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
What tone does Stewart use in "The Last Supper, or the Dead Waiter"? Do you think the tone matches the content of the story? If not, why do you think Stewart would pair a lighthearted tone with a story with serious content?
Essay Topic 3
How does Stewart use irony in "The Devil and William Gates"? Are there certain situations or events that strike you as particularly ironic? Why would Stewart include this literary technique in his work?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)