|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eileen's handwriting sloppy?
2. Why is Jack Kennedy sad being at Choate?
3. To whom do the Kennedys give an "extra child"?
4. What has Senor Jangles recently been moody about in "Local News"?
5. Where have the Jews put down a time-share, according to "The New Judaism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
2. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
3. Describe the relationship between Eileen and her children.
4. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
5. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
6. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
7. Who is your favorite character in "Lack of Power"? Why?
8. Explain the symbolic meaning of da Vinci's lost notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
9. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
10. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of one of Stewart's stories, "The Recipe," does not clearly communicate the theme of that particular short story. In your opinion, why does Stewart choose this particular title for the story? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stewart use tragic irony in "The Cult"? Why do you think he decided to use it in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Which secondary character in Stewart's book do you think has the most significant impact on a story? In what context does this occur? Do you think Stewart meant for this character to have such an impact?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)