Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of "Pen Pals" claims that who is the biggest fan of Mother Teresa?
2. What sort of menu does Avram want to give the disciples in "The Last Supper"?
3. On what holiday does Jesus have his dinner in "The Last Supper"?
4. Who do Reform Jews believe is the funniest man alive according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
5. What does Eileen Hanson write at the end of her letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
2. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
3. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
4. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
5. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
6. Why does Princess Diana want to be pen pals with Mother Teresa as stated in "Pen Pals"?
7. What do you think of the tone of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Do you think it's funny or offensive?
8. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
9. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
10. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
Essay Topic 1
Stewart's story, "Vincent and Theo on AOL," presents brothers who appear to be very different from one another. Compare and contrast Vincent and Theo. How are their worldviews different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
Humor is an important aspect of Stewart's work. How is this technique used to tell the story of the Ford tapes? What does humor contribute to the effect of Stewart's work on readers? How does he incorporate it into the greater work?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Stewart's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)