|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be happening to Generation X during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(b) They will be having prostate trouble.
(c) They will have grown children.
(d) They will be taking care of their parents.
2. What sort of adolescent should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(c) One with a fatal illness.
3. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) The honoree.
(b) The host.
(c) A random attendee in the back.
(d) The cameraman.
4. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) 2,000 years.
(b) 4,000 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) About one hundred years.
5. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
2. What does Stewart suggest readers should do after reading "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
4. What do Sheldon and the monster watch on TV after returning home in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
5. Which term accurately describes the host of a proper awards ceremony in "The Recipe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
2. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
4. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
5. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
6. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
7. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
8. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
9. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
10. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)