|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stewart try to commit suicide in "The Cult"?
(b) Tazing himself.
(d) Swallowing pills.
2. What does Bruce's idea eventually become in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(b) The Dick Van Dyke show.
(c) The Daily Show.
(d) The Andy Griffith Show.
3. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
(a) The Devil's.
(b) Bill Gates'.
(c) The President's.
(d) Melinda Gates'.
4. What will be happening to Generation X during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(b) They will be taking care of their parents.
(c) They will have grown children.
(d) They will be having prostate trouble.
5. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What years are the trendsetters thought to be most popular in "Five Under Five"?
2. In "The Cult," what does the leprechaun do to Captain Crunch?
3. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
4. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
5. How long before the miracle does Stewart speak to his lieutenants in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
2. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
3. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
4. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
5. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
6. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
7. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
8. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
9. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
10. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)