|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Stewart from the cult in "The Cult"?
(a) Pollen count.
(b) His baseball cards.
(c) His tap dance career.
(d) His record collection.
2. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Fathering a Smurf.
(b) Breaking into sailboats.
(c) Stealing Lucky Charms.
(d) Adding sugar to the cereal.
3. What is Vincent van Gogh's AOL name in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
4. What year was the source of "The Recipe" for awards ceremonies found?
5. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) One day.
(b) Ten years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation is given to Silverman for Bruce's itching and nodding off in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
2. Where is the " The Recipe" taken from?
3. "No suggestions" is given when trying to find alternative words for whom in "Microsoft Word '98"?
4. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
5. What years are the trendsetters thought to be most popular in "Five Under Five"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
2. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
3. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
4. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
5. What is the purpose of the last short story?
6. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
7. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
8. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
9. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
10. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)