|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
(a) An awards ceremony.
(b) How to succeed at marriage.
(c) Cake baking.
(d) How to make a baby.
2. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Breaking into sailboats.
(b) Stealing Lucky Charms.
(c) Fathering a Smurf.
(d) Adding sugar to the cereal.
3. Who are Stewart's lieutenants in "The Cult"?
(a) McShane and Colbert.
(b) Taylor and Schwartz.
(c) Johnson and McShane.
(d) Smith and Johnson.
4. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
(c) The founder of Judaism.
(d) Jesus's sister.
5. What do Sheldon and the monster watch on TV after returning home in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
(b) The Simpsons.
(c) Andy Griffith Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Fred Silverman hold at ABC in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
2. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
3. What does Bruce's idea eventually become in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
4. How does "Microsoft Word '98" contribute to the entire work?
5. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
2. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
3. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
4. What is the purpose of the last short story?
5. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
6. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
7. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
8. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
9. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
10. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)