|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years are the trendsetters thought to be most popular in "Five Under Five"?
(b) It is unclear.
2. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He doesn't give an explanation.
(b) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
(c) He has Alzheimer's.
(d) He never made a prediction.
3. What year was the source of "The Recipe" for awards ceremonies found?
4. What sort of adolescent should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) One with a fatal illness.
5. Why is Bruce's contract with ABC terminated in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) He rips it up.
(b) He shows up to work naked.
(c) It is accidentally shredded.
(d) Bruce's dog eats it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
2. In "Five Under Five," which magazine's research team is featured?
3. What is the list after "Five after Five" expected to feature?
4. What does Sheldon realize he neglected to learn to do in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
5. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
2. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
3. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
4. What is the purpose of the last short story?
5. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
6. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
7. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
8. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
9. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
10. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)