|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
(a) He is very competitive.
(b) He is drugged.
(c) He has a bet.
(d) He is frustrated with another invention.
2. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) Five months.
(b) One day.
(c) 25 years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Fathering a Smurf.
(b) Breaking into sailboats.
(c) Adding sugar to the cereal.
(d) Stealing Lucky Charms.
4. What will the ethnicity of the fifth member on the "Five Under Five" list be?
(b) American Indian.
(d) Asian or black.
5. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(b) The "very angry guy" he had once been.
(c) Furry animals.
(d) Santa Claus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
2. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
3. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
4. How long before the miracle does Stewart speak to his lieutenants in "The Cult"?
5. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
2. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
4. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
5. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
6. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
7. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
8. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
9. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
10. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)