|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) 22 years.
(b) About one hundred years.
(c) 4,000 years.
(d) 2,000 years.
2. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) Barbara Streisand and a dictator.
(b) A ferret, a guitarist, and an ice cream man.
(c) A German, an Australian, and a Swede.
(d) A physicist, lyricist, and a cat.
3. Whose clothing did Hitler wear as he escaped from the bunker in 1945 according to the narrator of "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Eva Braun's.
(b) He didn't wear any clothing.
(c) His sons'.
(d) His own.
4. What does Bruce's idea eventually become in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(b) The Daily Show.
(c) The Andy Griffith Show.
(d) The Dick Van Dyke show.
5. Which artist does Vincent van Gogh not discuss online in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
2. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
3. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
4. How many bedrooms does Stewart's apartment have in "The Cult"?
5. What will be happening to the Baby Boomers during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
2. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
3. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
4. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
5. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
6. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
7. What is the purpose of the last short story?
8. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
9. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
10. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)