|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) A German, an Australian, and a Swede.
(b) A physicist, lyricist, and a cat.
(c) Barbara Streisand and a dictator.
(d) A ferret, a guitarist, and an ice cream man.
2. What years are the trendsetters thought to be most popular in "Five Under Five"?
(c) It is unclear.
3. Who are Stewart's lieutenants in "The Cult"?
(a) McShane and Colbert.
(b) Smith and Johnson.
(c) Johnson and McShane.
(d) Taylor and Schwartz.
4. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) Bill Gates.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Judge Judy.
5. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
(a) He has a bet.
(b) He is very competitive.
(c) He is drugged.
(d) He is frustrated with another invention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
2. What offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
4. What time is Stewart caught in "The Cult"?
5. Who is Lenny Bruce in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
2. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
3. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
4. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
5. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
6. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
7. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
8. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
9. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
10. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)