|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who adopts Vincent van Gogh's persona on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(a) Princess Diana.
(d) Jon Stewart.
2. How many bedrooms does Stewart's apartment have in "The Cult"?
3. What sort of actress should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
4. What offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
(c) His robot.
5. What does Hitler's psychiatrist say about Hitler's responsibility for his life in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) "Suck it up."
(b) "Eat my Shorts."
(c) "Put up or shut up."
(d) "Be a man."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
2. Where does Vincent van Gogh decide to eventually go to school in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
3. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
4. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
5. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
2. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
3. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
4. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
5. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
6. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
7. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
8. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
9. What is the purpose of the last short story?
10. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)