|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) Larry King.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) David Letterman.
2. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Adding sugar to the cereal.
(b) Breaking into sailboats.
(c) Stealing Lucky Charms.
(d) Fathering a Smurf.
3. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
4. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) A prophet.
(b) The founder of Judaism.
(c) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
(d) Jesus's sister.
5. What sort of actor should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
2. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
3. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
4. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
5. Where does Vincent van Gogh decide to eventually go to school in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
2. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
3. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
4. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
5. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
6. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
7. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
8. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
9. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
10. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)