|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of adolescent should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(d) One with a fatal illness.
2. In "Five Under Five," which magazine's research team is featured?
(a) Conde Nast.
(c) National Geographic.
3. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
(c) Fluffy Bear.
4. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) Barbara Streisand and a dictator.
(b) A German, an Australian, and a Swede.
(c) A ferret, a guitarist, and an ice cream man.
(d) A physicist, lyricist, and a cat.
5. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Furry animals.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) The "very angry guy" he had once been.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vincent van Gogh's AOL name in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
2. What time is Stewart caught in "The Cult"?
3. What will be happening to the Baby Boomers during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
4. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
5. What sort of banter should the presenting actor and actress have at an awards ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
2. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
4. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
5. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
6. What is the purpose of the last short story?
7. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
8. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
9. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
10. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)