|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
2. How does Stewart try to commit suicide in "The Cult"?
(a) Tazing himself.
(d) Swallowing pills.
3. What sort of actor should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
4. What religion is Michael Green, a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(b) Greek Orthodox.
5. Whose fingerprints are exchanged with the Devil's in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) A crack-addicted prostitute.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Hugh Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adopts Vincent van Gogh's persona on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
2. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
3. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
4. What will be happening to Generation X during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
5. Why does Sheldon want to get revenge on old classmates in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
2. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
3. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
4. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
5. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
6. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
7. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
8. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
9. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
10. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)