|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
2. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) Lots of candy corn.
(c) It isn't possible.
(d) Her father insists she be on the list.
3. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He doesn't give an explanation.
(b) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
(c) He never made a prediction.
(d) He has Alzheimer's.
4. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
(a) Captain Crunch.
(b) Count Chocula.
(c) Quaker Oats guy.
(d) Tony the Tiger.
5. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) Larry King.
(c) David Letterman.
(d) Johnny Carson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
2. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
3. What offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
4. What is the original title of Bruce's television show in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
5. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
2. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
3. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
4. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
5. What is the purpose of the last short story?
6. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
7. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
8. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
9. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
10. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)