|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Catcher in the Rye.
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(d) Wizard of Oz.
2. In "Five Under Five," which magazine's research team is featured?
(a) Conde Nast.
(c) National Geographic.
3. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Having one testicle and being called "Shitler."
(b) Never being called on by the teacher.
(c) Losing his favorite bird.
(d) Being stuffed in lockers.
4. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Furry animals.
(b) The "very angry guy" he had once been.
(c) Santa Claus.
5. What sort of woman should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
2. What position does Fred Silverman hold at ABC in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
3. How does Stewart try to escape in "The Cult"?
4. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
5. How does Stewart try to commit suicide in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
2. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
3. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
4. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
5. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
6. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
7. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
8. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
9. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
10. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)