|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) Jesus's sister.
(b) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
(c) A prophet.
(d) The founder of Judaism.
2. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) A random attendee in the back.
(b) The host.
(c) The cameraman.
(d) The honoree.
3. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) About one hundred years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 4,000 years.
(d) 2,000 years.
4. What does Sheldon realize he neglected to learn to do in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
5. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of actor should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
2. What sort of woman should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
3. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
4. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
5. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
2. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
3. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
4. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
5. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
6. What does Gates do in "The Devil and William Gates" in order to convince the Devil to give him all power?
7. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
8. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
9. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
10. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)