|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
2. Which term accurately describes the host of a proper awards ceremony in "The Recipe"?
(a) Fatherly and wise.
(b) Well-respected and acerbic.
(c) Childlike and nurturing.
3. What time is Stewart caught in "The Cult"?
(d) Three in the morning.
4. What sort of actress should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
5. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
(a) He is drugged.
(b) He is frustrated with another invention.
(c) He is very competitive.
(d) He has a bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
2. Why does Sheldon want to get revenge on old classmates in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. Why is Bruce's contract with ABC terminated in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
4. What does Sheldon realize he neglected to learn to do in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
5. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
2. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
3. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
4. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
5. What is the purpose of the last short story?
6. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
7. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
8. What do you think Stewart's purpose is in writing "The Recipe"?
9. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
10. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)