|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be happening to the Baby Boomers during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) They will still be working.
(b) They will be relaxing in Hawaii.
(c) They will be gambling in wheelchairs.
(d) They will be dead or dying.
2. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He has Alzheimer's.
(b) He doesn't give an explanation.
(c) He never made a prediction.
(d) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
3. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(c) Catcher in the Rye.
(d) Wizard of Oz.
4. What sort of woman should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
5. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) The host.
(b) The cameraman.
(c) The honoree.
(d) A random attendee in the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
2. What does Sheldon realize he neglected to learn to do in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. What sort of banter should the presenting actor and actress have at an awards ceremony?
4. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
5. What distracts Stewart from the cult in "The Cult"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
2. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
3. What sort of people are involved in "The Recipe"?
4. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
5. What has Stewart foretold in "The Cult"?
6. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
7. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
8. What explanation does Stewart give about his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
9. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
10. What is the purpose of the last short story?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)