|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of banter should the presenting actor and actress have at an awards ceremony?
(b) Funny and banal.
2. What years are the trendsetters thought to be most popular in "Five Under Five"?
(b) It is unclear.
3. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) The founder of Judaism.
(b) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
(c) A prophet.
(d) Jesus's sister.
4. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
(a) Makeup tips.
(b) Fashion ideas.
(c) Dog shows.
(d) Magazine trendsetters.
5. Why does Sheldon want to get revenge on old classmates in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
(a) He never went on a date.
(b) They stuffed him in lockers.
(c) They were taller than he.
(d) They never paid attention to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
2. What offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. What explanation is given to Silverman for Bruce's itching and nodding off in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
4. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
5. Whose fingerprints are exchanged with the Devil's in "The Devil and William Gates"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stewart create a fake persona to pretend to be Vincent van Gogh on AOL?
2. What message is Stewart trying to communicate in "Five Under Five"?
3. What reason does Hitler give for wanting to vow revenge in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
4. Do you find the final short story amusing? Why or why not?
5. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
6. Describe the relationship between Vincent and his brother, Theo, as described in "Vincent and Theo on AOL."
7. What collection of genes makes up Cary Streisand of the "Five Under Five" list?
8. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
9. Describe the concept of a "Five Under Five" list.
10. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)