|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eileen Hanson state cheats the Hanson family?
(a) A craftly little Asian gentleman.
(b) A five year old.
(c) A strange black woman.
2. On whose behalf does Eileen send the Christmas card?
(b) Gary and the Hanson family.
(c) The cat.
(d) Santa Claus.
3. What sort of menu does Avram want to give the disciples in "The Last Supper"?
4. Who finds da Vinci's lost notebook, according to the narrator?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Jon Stewart.
(c) Senor Jangles.
5. How does Eileen Hanson refer to her boys' musical endeavors?
(a) A little music project.
(b) A freak show.
(c) A science project.
(d) The best show on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the disciples in "The Last Supper" become after Jesus gives a parable?
2. The narrator of "Pen Pals" claims that who is the biggest fan of Mother Teresa?
3. What does Senor Jangles do before he starts working for Taco Bell?
4. According to "The New Judaism", what threatens to devastate American Judaism by 2010?
5. In what decade does Eileen Hanson send out her Christmas card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Eileen and her children.
2. How is Jack Kennedy characterized in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"? Do you think this is a favorable description?
3. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
4. Why does Silverman finally have to cancel Bruce's contract in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
5. What is the purpose of the last short story?
6. How does "Pen Pals" end?
7. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
8. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
9. Why does Princess Diana want to be pen pals with Mother Teresa as stated in "Pen Pals"?
10. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)