|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack Kennedy sad being at Choate?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He wants to be Jewish.
(c) He is the only Catholic.
(d) He hates school.
2. On what character is the New Judaism mascot based, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(b) Joe Camel.
(c) Jolly Green Giant.
(d) The Wizard of Oz.
3. How many pages of drawings are in da Vinci's notebook?
(d) Five hundred.
4. What does the New Judaism require according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) Better behaved children.
(b) A simpler concept of God.
(c) Flashier shoes.
(d) Easier reading.
5. Which department store does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" mention in her short story?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
(d) Filene's Basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Teresa die in "Pen Pals"?
2. Which character is "top dog" at Choate?
3. What does the manuscript in "The Last Supper" address?
4. What is the name of Ford's steward?
5. What condition afflicts Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
2. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
3. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
4. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
5. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
7. What do you make of a small dog becoming so famous in "Local News"?
8. What is the tone of "Pen Pals"?
9. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
10. What is mentioned in "The Last Supper" about the source of the New Testament?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)