|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up opening Ford's Coke bottle?
(a) Jackie Onassis.
(b) Betty Ford.
(c) Lady Bird Johnson.
(d) HIllary Clinton.
2. How many punches are thrown to kill Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
(c) Too many to count.
3. What does the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook" think Mona Lisa's face suggests?
(a) She was a man in disguise.
(b) She has dementia.
(c) That she knows something.
(d) She has to use the bathroom.
4. How does Diana die in "Pen Pals"?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) In a tragic accident.
(d) Old age.
5. What does the narrator of "Breakfast at Kennedy's" find inside a darkened bunker?
(a) Kennedy children.
(d) Orphaned puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," what is another possible explanation for the disappearance of the notebook?
2. Who actually created the drawings in da Vinci's notebook, according to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook,"?
3. How many pages of drawings are in da Vinci's notebook?
4. What does the letter Diana's father in "Pen Pals" receive suggest?
5. Who does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say can make an appearance in the vagina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
2. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
3. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
4. What do you think of the relationship between Senor Jangles and James MacPherson in "Local News"?
5. Explain the symbolic meaning of da Vinci's lost notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
6. How does "Pen Pals" end?
7. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
8. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
9. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
10. How is Jack Kennedy characterized in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"? Do you think this is a favorable description?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)