|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eileen Hanson suicidal?
(a) She is being charged with embezzling family money.
(b) She can't stand the music in her home.
(c) She feels like her cat doesn't love her anymore.
(d) She spent the family fortune.
2. Who actually created the drawings in da Vinci's notebook, according to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook,"?
(a) The pope.
(b) Diane Dwyer.
(d) His four-year-old.
3. What time is Jesus' party seated in "The Last Supper"?
(a) 1 PM.
(c) 9 PM.
(d) 5 PM.
4. What is the style of Diana's letter to Mother Teresa?
5. How does Diana die in "Pen Pals"?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) In a tragic accident.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the tape recordings of the Nixon era now stored, according to "Lack of Power: the Ford Tapes"?
2. In "Pen Pals, " what does Diana suggest she do with Mother Teresa?
3. On what holiday does Jesus have his dinner in "The Last Supper"?
4. Where is Senor Jangles discovered?
5. According to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," what is another possible explanation for the disappearance of the notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mascots does Stewart suggest for New Judaism?
2. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
3. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
4. How does "Pen Pals" end?
5. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
6. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
7. Describe the relationship between Eileen and her children.
8. Do you admire the Hansons? Why?
9. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
10. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)