|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eileen Hanson refer to her boys' musical endeavors?
(a) A freak show.
(b) A science project.
(c) A little music project.
(d) The best show on earth.
2. Which of the following is not a term used by the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" in relation to the vagina?
(a) Vaginal Trundle Beds.
(b) Little Pleasures.
(c) Vaginal Office.
(d) Private Moment.
3. What affliction does Zach Hanson have?
(c) Whooping cough.
4. According to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," what is a possible explanation for the disappearance for da Vinci's notebook?
(a) A mutiny.
(b) Misplaced in a cab.
(c) Ripped up by a shark.
(d) Polar caps.
5. According to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," what is another possible explanation for the disappearance of the notebook?
(a) Cervical cancer.
(b) Da Vinci became a father.
(c) The Black Death.
(d) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition afflicts Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
2. What has Senor Jangles recently been moody about in "Local News"?
3. What is unique about the narrator of "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
4. Who does Ford hang up on when he discovers the tape recorder?
5. Why is Jack Kennedy sad being at Choate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of the tone of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Do you think it's funny or offensive?
2. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
3. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
4. How is the disappearance of da Vinci's notebook explained in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook"?
5. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
7. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
8. How does "Pen Pals" end?
9. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
10. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)