|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the Kennedys give an "extra child"?
(a) The President.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Mother Teresa.
2. On what character is the New Judaism mascot based, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) Jolly Green Giant.
(b) Joe Camel.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
3. Who ends up opening Ford's Coke bottle?
(a) HIllary Clinton.
(b) Jackie Onassis.
(c) Betty Ford.
(d) Lady Bird Johnson.
4. What good news does Diana share with Teresa in her last letter in "Pen Pals"?
(a) She is moving to Calcutta.
(b) She is going on a cruise.
(c) Her divorce from Prince Charles.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What is the mascot to be adopted by New Judaism, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) Lovely Sara.
(c) Jewboy and the Rockers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say the interior vagina should be?
2. Where is Senor Jangles discovered?
3. Which department store does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" mention in her short story?
4. What does the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook" think Mona Lisa's face suggests?
5. Where is Senor Jangles killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interview between Larry King and Adolf Hitler in Stewart's short story.
2. Who is Sheldon Francis Stein in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. What is the tone of "Pen Pals"?
4. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
5. What sorts of anthropomorphic characteristics does Senor Jangles have in "Local News"?
6. Where is "The Recipe" discovered?
7. Who are Fred Silverman and Lenny Bruce as described in "Lenny Bruce: the Making of a Sitcom"?
8. In "The Cult," how does Stewart die?
9. How does the point of view affect the reader's perspective in "Lack of Power"?
10. What does Jon Stewart imagine himself to be in "The Cult"?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)