|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many punches are thrown to kill Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
(a) Too many to count.
2. The narrator of "Pen Pals" claims that who is the biggest fan of Mother Teresa?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Princess Diana.
(c) Michael Jackson.
3. When does Spain offer Jews conversion or expulsion?
4. To whom do the Kennedys give an "extra child"?
(a) Princess Diana.
(b) The President.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) Mother Teresa.
5. What does Ford choke on during a meeting in 1976?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
(b) A hat.
(c) The coke that finally got opened.
(d) A Jawbreaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diana's reaction when she does not receive an answer from Mother Teresa in "Pen Pals"?
2. What does the New Judaism require according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
3. What does Senor Jangles say as he dies in "Local News"?
4. According to the narrator of "The New Judaism", who do the Orthodox believe is the funniest man alive?
5. Who does Ford hang up on when he discovers the tape recorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
2. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
3. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
4. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
5. Describe the basis for "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. Describe the odd events captured on tape involving Gerald Ford.
7. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
8. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
9. Who is your favorite character in "Lack of Power"? Why?
10. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)