|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many glasses of wine in "The Last Supper" do the disciples share?
(b) One hundred.
2. What does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say the interior vagina should be?
(a) A multifaceted everyspace.
(d) Ready for business.
3. In "Da Vinci," which of the following was not a subject of da Vinci's notebook drawings?
(a) Ass Comb.
(b) Buffalo Chicken Wings.
(c) Air freshener.
(d) Thanksgiving dinner.
4. What do the Cambodians hold captive while Ford tries to open a Coke bottle?
(a) Ford's pet dolphin.
(b) The US Army.
(c) The USS Mayaguez.
(d) Ford's children.
5. What is Diana's reaction when she does not receive an answer from Mother Teresa in "Pen Pals"?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is not affected.
(c) She is petulant.
(d) She assumes the letter was lost in the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Senor Jangles recently been moody about in "Local News"?
2. On what holiday does Jesus have his dinner in "The Last Supper"?
3. Where does Jesus host a dinner for twelve friends in "The Last Supper"?
4. Which of the following is not a term used by the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" in relation to the vagina?
5. What does Eileen Hanson ask for in a "P.S." in her Christmas card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the Orthodox with the New Judaism as explained in "The New Judaism".
2. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
3. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
4. Do you feel sorry for Eileen? Why or why not?
5. Explain the symbolic meaning of da Vinci's lost notebook in "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook."
6. How are Princess Diana and Mother Teresa different as they are portrayed in "Pen Pals"? How are they the same?
7. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
8. How does Stewart make Ford a fascinating character?
9. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
10. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)