|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose behalf does Eileen send the Christmas card?
(a) Gary and the Hanson family.
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) The cat.
2. Who do Reform Jews believe is the funniest man alive according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) Jon Stewart.
(b) Carrot Top.
(d) Chris Rock.
3. What sort of menu does Avram want to give the disciples in "The Last Supper"?
4. What condition afflicts Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
(b) A brain too big for his head.
(c) Hip dysplasia.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
5. Which department store does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" mention in her short story?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
(c) Filene's Basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
2. What does Eileen Hanson write at the end of her letter?
3. What does Al Haig give up to get Ford to sign Nixon's pardon?
4. What does the manuscript in "The Last Supper" address?
5. What does Ford's steward try to convince Ford of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of personality does Avram the waiter have in "The Last Supper"?
2. Which drawing in da Vinci's notebook do you think sounds the most interesting?
3. What do you think of the relationship between Senor Jangles and James MacPherson in "Local News"?
4. Do you like Martha Stewart based on what you read in this short story? Why or why not?
5. Describe the basis for "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
6. Describe the religion of Judaism from what you know after reading "The New Judaism."
7. What role does the narrator play in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
8. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
9. What events in "The Last Supper" are meant to be humorous?
10. Who is Senor Jangles as described in "Local News"?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)