|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator of "Pen Pals" claims that who is the biggest fan of Mother Teresa?
(a) Princess Diana.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Gerald Ford.
2. What sort of menu does Avram want to give the disciples in "The Last Supper"?
3. On what holiday does Jesus have his dinner in "The Last Supper"?
4. Who do Reform Jews believe is the funniest man alive according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) Carrot Top.
(b) Jon Stewart.
(d) Chris Rock.
5. What does Eileen Hanson write at the end of her letter?
(b) Love ya!
(c) God is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, specifically, are Jews concerned about regarding their religion according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
2. Who ends up opening Ford's Coke bottle?
3. Who does Ford mistake Brezhnev for?
4. How many 20th century items are found in da Vinci's notebook, according to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," ?
5. What was Jangles' next role supposed to be, according to the narrator of "Local News"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony is found in "The Recipe"?
2. Describe the setting for this story as given in the beginning of "Breakfast at Kennedy's."
3. Why do you think Stewart, a Jew, would write in this manner about Judaism?
4. Compare and contrast the characters of the Devil and William Gates as described in the short story.
5. What does Sheldon discover when he reaches his high school reunion in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
6. Why does Princess Diana want to be pen pals with Mother Teresa as stated in "Pen Pals"?
7. What do you think of the tone of "Martha Stewart's Vagina"? Do you think it's funny or offensive?
8. Describe how Martha says the exterior of the vagina should look, according to the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina."
9. Explain the dynamics of Jesus's relationship with his disciples in "The Last Supper."
10. Which child on the "Five Under Five" list do you find most interesting?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)