|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) A German, an Australian, and a Swede.
(b) Barbara Streisand and a dictator.
(c) A ferret, a guitarist, and an ice cream man.
(d) A physicist, lyricist, and a cat.
2. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
(a) Johnny Carson.
(b) Larry King.
(c) Jay Leno.
(d) David Letterman.
3. Where is the " The Recipe" taken from?
(a) Da vinci's notebook.
(b) An old cookbook.
(c) A Mayan manuscript.
(d) The Bible.
4. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
(a) The Devil's.
(b) Melinda Gates'.
(c) The President's.
(d) Bill Gates'.
5. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
(a) He is very competitive.
(b) He is frustrated with another invention.
(c) He is drugged.
(d) He has a bet.
6. Whose clothing did Hitler wear as he escaped from the bunker in 1945 according to the narrator of "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Eva Braun's.
(b) His own.
(c) His sons'.
(d) He didn't wear any clothing.
7. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) The founder of Judaism.
(b) Jesus's sister.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
8. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
(a) An awards ceremony.
(b) Cake baking.
(c) How to make a baby.
(d) How to succeed at marriage.
9. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) About one hundred years.
(b) 4,000 years.
(c) 2,000 years.
(d) 22 years.
10. What is Vincent van Gogh's AOL name in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
11. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Never being called on by the teacher.
(b) Being stuffed in lockers.
(c) Losing his favorite bird.
(d) Having one testicle and being called "Shitler."
12. What sort of adolescent should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) One with a fatal illness.
13. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He has Alzheimer's.
(b) He never made a prediction.
(c) He doesn't give an explanation.
(d) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
14. What sort of banter should the presenting actor and actress have at an awards ceremony?
(a) Funny and banal.
15. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) 25 years.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hitler's psychiatrist say about Hitler's responsibility for his life in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
2. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. What sort of woman should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
4. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
5. Who is Lenny Bruce in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)