|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Stewart caught in "The Cult"?
(b) Three in the morning.
2. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) It isn't possible.
(c) Her father insists she be on the list.
(d) Lots of candy corn.
3. Why does the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates" say that Bill Gates swears his soul to the devil?
(a) He is very competitive.
(b) He is frustrated with another invention.
(c) He has a bet.
(d) He is drugged.
4. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
(a) An awards ceremony.
(b) Cake baking.
(c) How to succeed at marriage.
(d) How to make a baby.
5. On which television channel will Hitler probably stand trial in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(b) Court TV.
(d) Animal Planet.
6. Characters from which other short story are referenced in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(a) Lack of Power.
(b) A Very Hanson Christmas.
(c) Breakfast at Kennedy's.
(d) Martha Stewart's Vagina.
7. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
(b) He never made a prediction.
(c) He has Alzheimer's.
(d) He doesn't give an explanation.
8. What does Hitler's psychiatrist say about Hitler's responsibility for his life in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) "Suck it up."
(b) "Put up or shut up."
(c) "Eat my Shorts."
(d) "Be a man."
9. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Losing his favorite bird.
(b) Never being called on by the teacher.
(c) Being stuffed in lockers.
(d) Having one testicle and being called "Shitler."
10. Whose fingerprints are exchanged with the Devil's in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) A crack-addicted prostitute.
(c) Hugh Grant.
(d) Bill Clinton.
11. Which artist does Vincent van Gogh not discuss online in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
12. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
(c) Fluffy Bear.
13. How many bedrooms does Stewart's apartment have in "The Cult"?
14. Who is Maggie Lynn Pratt according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) Jesus's sister.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A candidate for the "Five after Five" list.
(d) The founder of Judaism.
15. Who adopts Vincent van Gogh's persona on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(b) Jon Stewart.
(c) Princess Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vincent van Gogh decide to eventually go to school in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
2. How does Stewart try to escape in "The Cult"?
3. How does "Microsoft Word '98" contribute to the entire work?
4. What year was the source of "The Recipe" for awards ceremonies found?
5. Why does Sheldon want to get revenge on old classmates in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)