|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Stewart's lieutenants in "The Cult"?
(a) Johnson and McShane.
(b) McShane and Colbert.
(c) Taylor and Schwartz.
(d) Smith and Johnson.
2. Which term accurately describes the host of a proper awards ceremony in "The Recipe"?
(a) Childlike and nurturing.
(b) Fatherly and wise.
(d) Well-respected and acerbic.
3. Which artist does Vincent van Gogh not discuss online in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
4. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
(a) How to make a baby.
(b) An awards ceremony.
(c) How to succeed at marriage.
(d) Cake baking.
5. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) It isn't possible.
(b) Lots of candy corn.
(c) Her father insists she be on the list.
6. What sort of woman should present at an awards ceremony following the honoree's speech according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
7. What is Vincent van Gogh's AOL name in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
8. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(b) The whole world.
(c) His mother.
(d) Jon Stewart.
9. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Adding sugar to the cereal.
(b) Stealing Lucky Charms.
(c) Breaking into sailboats.
(d) Fathering a Smurf.
10. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
(a) Magazine trendsetters.
(b) Makeup tips.
(c) Dog shows.
(d) Fashion ideas.
11. What position does Fred Silverman hold at ABC in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) Vice president.
(c) Head janitor.
(d) Best Boy extra.
12. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
13. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Losing his favorite bird.
(b) Never being called on by the teacher.
(c) Having one testicle and being called "Shitler."
(d) Being stuffed in lockers.
14. What explanation is given to Silverman for Bruce's itching and nodding off in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) Poison ivy.
(d) Allergy medicine.
15. Where is the " The Recipe" taken from?
(a) A Mayan manuscript.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Da vinci's notebook.
(d) An old cookbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stewart try to commit suicide in "The Cult"?
2. What does Sheldon's monster destroy on the way to the high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. What sort of actor should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
4. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
5. What does Stewart suggest readers should do after reading "Microsoft Word '98"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)