|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) A random attendee in the back.
(b) The honoree.
(c) The host.
(d) The cameraman.
2. What explanation does Stewart give for his inaccurate predictions in "The Cult"?
(a) He never made a prediction.
(b) He has Alzheimer's.
(c) He doesn't give an explanation.
(d) He forgot about Daylight Savings Time.
3. Why is Bruce's contract with ABC terminated in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) It is accidentally shredded.
(b) He rips it up.
(c) Bruce's dog eats it.
(d) He shows up to work naked.
4. What does Sheldon's monster destroy on the way to the high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
(b) The streets.
(c) Cars and bikes.
(d) A Nativity and Santa display.
5. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
(a) The President's.
(b) The Devil's.
(c) Bill Gates'.
(d) Melinda Gates'.
6. How does "Microsoft Word '98" contribute to the entire work?
(a) It is completely separate from the work.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) It mentions all characters one more time.
(d) It helps the reader reflect.
7. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
8. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Larry King.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Jay Leno.
9. How many bedrooms does Stewart's apartment have in "The Cult"?
10. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) Five months.
(b) One day.
(c) 25 years.
(d) Ten years.
11. What will be happening to Generation X during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(a) They will be having prostate trouble.
(c) They will be taking care of their parents.
(d) They will have grown children.
12. Who are Stewart's lieutenants in "The Cult"?
(a) Johnson and McShane.
(b) Taylor and Schwartz.
(c) Smith and Johnson.
(d) McShane and Colbert.
13. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) Lots of candy corn.
(c) It isn't possible.
(d) Her father insists she be on the list.
14. Which artist does Vincent van Gogh not discuss online in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
15. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Fred Silverman hold at ABC in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
2. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
3. What does Stewart make fun of by writing "Five Under Five"?
4. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
5. What sort of actor should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)