|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Vincent pour out his heart on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(b) Jon Stewart.
(c) The whole world.
(d) His mother.
2. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) The "very angry guy" he had once been.
(d) Furry animals.
3. Who should make a political plea at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) The host.
(b) A random attendee in the back.
(c) The cameraman.
(d) The honoree.
4. How does Stewart try to escape in "The Cult"?
(a) He tries to go out a window
(b) Through a trapdoor.
(c) Running into the closet.
(d) By tapping his heels three times.
5. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
6. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(b) It isn't possible.
(c) Lots of candy corn.
(d) Her father insists she be on the list.
7. What will be happening to Generation X during 2015-2025 according to the narrator of "Five Under Five"?
(b) They will have grown children.
(c) They will be taking care of their parents.
(d) They will be having prostate trouble.
8. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
(a) Catcher in the Rye.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(d) Wizard of Oz.
9. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) He plans to buy out the Devil.
(b) Hide from the Devil in disguise.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Steal Apple's patents.
10. What does Sheldon's monster destroy on the way to the high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
(a) Cars and bikes.
(c) A Nativity and Santa display.
(d) The streets.
11. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
12. What does "The Recipe" give an outline of?
(a) How to make a baby.
(b) How to succeed at marriage.
(c) An awards ceremony.
(d) Cake baking.
13. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
(b) The Devil.
(c) Judge Judy.
(d) Bill Gates.
14. What does Stewart suggest readers should do after reading "Microsoft Word '98"?
(a) Send it to Stewart.
(b) Burn the book.
(c) Reread the book and make corrections.
(d) Buy another book.
15. In "The Cult," what does the leprechaun do to Captain Crunch?
(a) Makes him gay.
(b) Confuses him.
(c) Puts a spell on him.
(d) Gives him facial hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
2. How many honorees should be at an awards ceremony, according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
3. Whose clothing did Hitler wear as he escaped from the bunker in 1945 according to the narrator of "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
4. In "Five Under Five," which magazine's research team is featured?
5. What is the list after "Five after Five" expected to feature?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)