|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the "contract of servitude" good for in "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) One day.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five months.
(d) 25 years.
2. How many years have passed since Sheldon graduated high school in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
3. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 2,000 years.
(c) 4,000 years.
(d) About one hundred years.
4. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
(a) Tony the Tiger.
(b) Quaker Oats guy.
(c) Captain Crunch.
(d) Count Chocula.
5. Whose credit card is cancelled in "The Devil and Bill Gates"?
(a) The Devil's.
(b) Bill Gates'.
(c) The President's.
(d) Melinda Gates'.
6. What sort of actress should present at an awards ceremony according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
7. What company offers corrections for Stewart's book in "Microsoft Word '98"?
8. What year was the source of "The Recipe" for awards ceremonies found?
9. Why is Bruce's contract with ABC terminated in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) It is accidentally shredded.
(b) He rips it up.
(c) He shows up to work naked.
(d) Bruce's dog eats it.
10. How many honorees should be at an awards ceremony, according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
11. How does Stewart try to commit suicide in "The Cult"?
(a) Tazing himself.
(d) Swallowing pills.
12. Who is Lenny Bruce in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) A circus performer.
(b) An old ventriloquist.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) A hilarious comedian.
13. In "The Cult," what does the leprechaun do to Captain Crunch?
(a) Confuses him.
(b) Gives him facial hair.
(c) Makes him gay.
(d) Puts a spell on him.
14. How does an eight year old get on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) Lots of candy corn.
(c) Her father insists she be on the list.
(d) It isn't possible.
15. Who produces Bill Gates' "contract of servitude" according to the narrator of "The Devil and William Gates"?
(a) Judge Judy.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestions are given to replace the off-color terms Stewart includes in "Microsoft Word '98"?
2. In "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", Sheldon pictures himself as a character in which novel?
3. Characters from which other short story are referenced in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
4. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
5. In "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview," Hitler is interviewed by whom on television?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)