|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stewart suggest readers should do after reading "Microsoft Word '98"?
(a) Buy another book.
(b) Burn the book.
(c) Send it to Stewart.
(d) Reread the book and make corrections.
2. Who does Hitler say he now hates in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Furry animals.
(c) The "very angry guy" he had once been.
(d) Santa Claus.
3. How old is the recipe for awards ceremonies according to the narrator of "The Recipe"?
(a) About one hundred years.
(b) 2,000 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 4,000 years.
4. What fashion magazine is mentioned in "Five After Five"?
5. What genes are combined to make a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
(a) A ferret, a guitarist, and an ice cream man.
(b) Barbara Streisand and a dictator.
(c) A German, an Australian, and a Swede.
(d) A physicist, lyricist, and a cat.
6. What is the list after "Five after Five" expected to feature?
(a) Five sports to never play.
(b) 50 beautiful people whom the reader will never have sex with.
(c) Celebrity pajamas.
(d) Thirty foods you will hate to love.
7. How does Stewart try to escape in "The Cult"?
(a) By tapping his heels three times.
(b) Running into the closet.
(c) He tries to go out a window
(d) Through a trapdoor.
8. What will the ethnicity of the fifth member on the "Five Under Five" list be?
(a) American Indian.
(c) Asian or black.
9. Who adopts Vincent van Gogh's persona on AOL in "Vincent and Theo on AOL"?
(c) Princess Diana.
(d) Jon Stewart.
10. What was Captain Crunch accused of doing when he was a strong leader in "The Cult"?
(a) Fathering a Smurf.
(b) Breaking into sailboats.
(c) Adding sugar to the cereal.
(d) Stealing Lucky Charms.
11. What position does Fred Silverman hold at ABC in "Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Sitcom"?
(a) Best Boy extra.
(b) Head janitor.
(d) Vice president.
12. How does "Microsoft Word '98" contribute to the entire work?
(a) It helps the reader reflect.
(b) It mentions all characters one more time.
(c) It is completely separate from the work.
(d) It is unclear.
13. What do Sheldon and the monster watch on TV after returning home in "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"?
(a) The Simpsons.
(d) Andy Griffith Show.
14. What stressors does Hitler claim he dealt with while in school in "Adolf Hitler: the Larry King Interview"?
(a) Having one testicle and being called "Shitler."
(b) Losing his favorite bird.
(c) Being stuffed in lockers.
(d) Never being called on by the teacher.
15. In "The Cult," who has Stewart foretold will spring to life?
(a) Count Chocula.
(b) Captain Crunch.
(c) Quaker Oats guy.
(d) Tony the Tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Gates plan to do rather than sell his soul to the Devil in "The Devil and William Gates"?
2. What religion is Michael Green, a child on the "Five Under Five" list?
3. Who proposes that Stewart should commit suicide in "The Cult"?
4. Whose fingerprints are exchanged with the Devil's in "The Devil and William Gates"?
5. "No suggestions" is given when trying to find alternative words for whom in "Microsoft Word '98"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)