|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Diana share with Teresa in her last letter in "Pen Pals"?
(a) She is going on a cruise.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her divorce from Prince Charles.
(d) She is moving to Calcutta.
2. What sort of discrimination is mentioned in "Local News"?
3. What is Diana's reaction when she does not receive an answer from Mother Teresa in "Pen Pals"?
(a) She assumes the letter was lost in the mail.
(b) She is petulant.
(c) She is not affected.
(d) She cries.
4. How many pages of drawings are in da Vinci's notebook?
(d) Five hundred.
5. Who is Senor Jangles?
(a) A cartoon puppy.
(b) A crackhead on the news.
(c) The dog in the Taco Bell commercials.
(d) A leader of a cult.
6. What affliction does Zach Hanson have?
(d) Whooping cough.
7. Which celebrities make a cameo in "Breakfast at Kennedy's"?
(a) Michael Jackson and Harry Truman.
(b) FDR and Rodney King.
(c) Larry King and Rosie O'Donnell.
(d) Jonas Salk and Charles Lindberg.
8. What condition afflicts Senor Jangles in "Local News"?
(a) Hip dysplasia.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) A brain too big for his head.
9. According to the narrator of "Da Vinci: the Lost Notebook," what is a possible explanation for the disappearance for da Vinci's notebook?
(a) Polar caps.
(b) Misplaced in a cab.
(c) A mutiny.
(d) Ripped up by a shark.
10. How does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say the vagina should look?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Nice and easy.
(c) Fluffed and ready.
(d) Soft yet firm.
11. Why is Jack Kennedy sad being at Choate?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He wants to be Jewish.
(c) He hates school.
(d) He is the only Catholic.
12. What, specifically, are Jews concerned about regarding their religion according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) That it is a health hazard.
(b) It is boring.
(c) The reading is too difficult.
(d) That kids are not hearing about it.
13. What does Ford's steward try to convince Ford of?
(a) He lives in Manchuria.
(b) That he is now president.
(c) He is about to die.
(d) The sky is actually falling.
14. According to the narrator of "The New Judaism", who do the Orthodox believe is the funniest man alive?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Jackie Mason.
(c) Johnny Carson.
15. On whose behalf does Eileen send the Christmas card?
(b) Gary and the Hanson family.
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have the Jews put down a time-share, according to "The New Judaism"?
2. What does Al Haig give up to get Ford to sign Nixon's pardon?
3. Who do Reform Jews believe is the funniest man alive according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
4. What does the letter Diana's father in "Pen Pals" receive suggest?
5. How does Diana die in "Pen Pals"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)