|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Cambodians hold captive while Ford tries to open a Coke bottle?
(a) Ford's pet dolphin.
(b) Ford's children.
(c) The USS Mayaguez.
(d) The US Army.
2. How does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" describe the vagina?
(a) Shameful and atrocious.
(c) Exciting and ignored.
(d) Lovely and delicate.
3. What sort of accident does Teddy Kennedy have during the trip?
4. What does Diana ask Teresa in her letter in "Pen Pals"?
(a) If Mother Teresa is married.
(b) If Teresa would give her away at her wedding.
(c) If they could exchange baby pictures.
(d) If she loves her job.
5. How long does Ford try to open a Coke bottle?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five minutes.
6. According to "The New Judaism", what threatens to devastate American Judaism by 2010?
(b) Sex before dinner.
7. What do the disciples in "The Last Supper" become after Jesus gives a parable?
(a) Like snakes and alligators.
(b) Like kittens and puppies.
(c) Like bankers and brokers.
(d) Like sagely men.
8. What does Eileen Hanson apologize for in her letter?
(a) Writing it on Hanson letterhead.
(b) The tear-stained stationery.
(c) The Christmas photo.
(d) Her family.
9. What sort of discrimination is mentioned in "Local News"?
10. Who is suspected in the notebook's disappearance in "Da Vinci: The Lost Notebook"?
(a) The Virgin on the Rocks.
(c) Mona Lisa.
(d) The Madonna and Child.
11. What does the narrator do at the Kennedys' home?
(a) Installs irrigation.
(b) Lies in bed.
(c) Feeds the horses.
(d) Mows grass.
12. Who does the narrator of "Martha Stewart's Vagina" say can make an appearance in the vagina?
(a) The TV camera.
(b) Uninvited guests.
(c) Invisible women.
(d) Tiny bugs.
13. What, specifically, are Jews concerned about regarding their religion according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
(a) The reading is too difficult.
(b) That kids are not hearing about it.
(c) It is boring.
(d) That it is a health hazard.
14. What does Eileen Hanson write at the end of her letter?
(a) Love ya!
(d) God is dead.
15. What does Eileen Hanson ask for in a "P.S." in her Christmas card?
(a) A new husband.
(b) Prayer for her addiction.
(c) Money to repair a cleft lip.
(d) Some fancy nightgowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jewish conservatives believe is the funniest man alive according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
2. Whose non-kosher offerings are too delicious to resist, according to the narrator of "The New Judaism"?
3. Where do Jack Kennedy and Lem go to see the Kennedys?
4. Where is the manuscript in "The Last Supper" discovered?
5. Who does Eileen Hanson state cheats the Hanson family?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)